Secrets at Lunch

One-Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After her incident with Soojung, all Minzy could think about was Jongin. Not Ilhoon, the guy she liked, but Jongin.

Was Soojung saying all those things about Jongin to trick Minzy? Did Jongin really see her as more than a friend? It felt a little weird to Minzy to know this (or at least hear from Soojung) because she's never had a guy like her. She might've, she might've not, but if a guy HAS liked Minzy in the past, he's never worked up the courage to ask her out.

As curious as she was about being in a relationship, Minzy didn't want one, unlike most girls. She wants to focus on her schoolwork before she gets a boyfriend.

After a few more classes—biology with Sehun, English with Jongin—it was finally lunchtime. Lucky for her, none of Minzy's friends had the same lunchtime as her. But guess who did?

"MINZY! MINZYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!" Jongin hollered, causing the whole room to give hateful stares to both him and Minzy.

Minzy looked down at the floor, speed walking to Jongin. "What?" She hissed without putting her plastic tray down or her head up.

Jongin nodded only once to the seat in front of him. "Sit right there. We ARE friends, right?" He flashed that stupid smile Minzy was getting used to.

What choice did she have? "Of course we are!" Minzy looked up and gave a cheesy smile, not even noticing the curly haired boy sitting next to Jongin.

"Oh, Minzy! This is my good friend, Byungjoo, who I met over the summer." Jongin pat his friend's shoulder. "He told me you two went to the same middle school."

Minzy looked up at Byungjoo, who smiled and waved. "Hi! You can call me Bjoo."

"Hi," Minzy responded quietly, trying not to laugh at Byungjoo's hair.

When Minzy first met Bjoo in seventh grade, his hair was a vibrant purple, but faded throughout the year. In eighth grade, he cut his hair just a little shorter and dyed it a somewhat silver color when he joined the wrestling team and became more popular. They were good friends in seventh grade, but when Bjoo joined the wrestling team, they were not as close as they once were.

But now, Bjoo looks COMPLETELY different. His hair remained the same color as the year before, except it was permed. He was wearing  bright blue eye contacts that reminded Minzy of the blue gum balls in ice cream at ice cream trucks. You would think someone would look more mature than they did the year before, but Bjoo looked more like a child in ninth than he did in eight. And much skinnier than before, too.

Minzy was lost in her thoughts, gawking at Bjoo. "…right, Minzy?" Jongin asked.

"What?" Minzy said flatly, completely clueless.

"Miss Park was awesome, right?" Jongin asked again. "We're you listening?"

"No, not really. Sorry," Minzy apologized. "Just thinking. But yeah, Miss Park is pretty cool."

Jongin nodded. "What were you thinking about?"

*How badly I want to laugh at Bjoo's hair maybe?* Minzy thought, almost smirking at the thought. "How the other Ms Park is just the opposite," she said instead.

"I agree," Bjoo said. "My friend in sophomore year, Hansol, had her last year. I only met her a couple times, but she . Hansol would call me almost all the time to complain about that . He cried tears of joy when he found out he didn't have her again."

Minzy stared at Bjoo blankly. "I hope I'll get to do that next year!" She said at last.

"Are you sure he's JUST your friend, Bjoo???" Jongin teased.

"Oh, no, I have gay fantasies about him all the time," Bjoo replied sarcastically. "Besides, I could say a thing or two about the person YOU like–"

"Okay, okay, I get it!" Jongin nervously chuckled, turning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter