When Sehun Slips

One-Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following day, Jongin didn't speak to Minzy, Sehun, and not even Bjoo. It stayed that way for a long time.

"Sehun!" Minzy yelled to him at lunch a few weeks later.

Sehun turned around after chatting with Bjoo, alarmed. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I've been meaning to talk to you," Minzy said, looking from Sehun to Bjoo, "both of you, actually."

"What's up, Minzy?" Bjoo crossed his arms.

Minzy sat down across the two boys. "Do you guys have any idea why Jongin is ignoring us?"

Sehun and Bjoo glared at each other. "No," they said in unison.

"C'mon, guys!" Minzy whined. "If you guys know, please tell me!"

Sehun frowned. "Jongin's mad at me."

"For what?" Minzy demanded.

"Testing him at lunch a few weeks ago."

"What was that test for?"

"I can't tell you."

"And why can't you tell me, Sehun?"

He fell silent. "It's a secret Jongin told me not to tell anyone else."

Minzy rolled her eyes. "Oh, yeah, I bet he told Bjoo too, huh?"

Bjoo's jaw dropped. "Hey! I have no idea what he's talking about! This is news to me too, ya know!" His eyes kept switching glances from Minzy to Sehun.

Sehun's jaw tightened. "Look, Minzy. He hasn't been talking to any of you–" he paused and glanced at Bjoo, "–because you've been hanging out with me. Like I said before, Jongin's pissed at me."

"Because of your secret test," Minzy stated flatly.

Sehun heaved a sigh through his nose. "Yeah. My 'secret test.'"

Right then, Minzy felt someone sit next to her, hoping it was Jongin. But it wasn't.

"Hey, Minzy!" Soojung said brightly with Jinri beside her. Soojung looked at Sehun and Bjoo. "Do you mind if we take Minzy to talk to her for a few?"

Sehun smirked, turning red. He let out a tiny giggle and said "Okay, Soojung."

*Sure, just let them drag me to hell, Sehun…* Minzy thought.

Soojung and Jinri brought Minzy to an empty table. "Wow, Sehun got really shy around you, Soojung," Minzy pointed out. "Maybe he likes you." She grinned.

Soojung threw a hand in the air. "Of course he does. It's obvious. And I can actually TELL."

Minzy stiffened. "What do you want?"

"Do you still like Ilhoon?" Jinri asked defensively.

"I never said I did!" Minzy squinted her eyes at Jinri.

"Well, he's been checking you out from afar, you know. Look." Jinri pointed her head in the direction of the other side of the lunchroom. Ilhoon and his friends started nudging him when Minzy looked over, and Ilhoon turned beat red and smirked at Minzy. Minzy bit her lip.

"You liar," Soojung said surprisingly calmly. "You do like Ilhoon."

"I've never seen a guy checking me out before," Minzy quickly defended herself.

"Then why did you bite your lip like that?!" Jinri nearly yelled, standing up. "You trying to seduce my man, huh?!"

"Jinri!" Soojung hissed. She pulled and grabbed Jinri's face and stared her dead in the eye. "Relax."

Jinri breathed heavily, sitting back down. "Okay. I'm okay."

"This is why I do the talking," Soojung explained to Minzy. "Anyway, I'm buying your story—for now." She glared at Jinri. "So will she."

"We wanna talk to you about Jongin," Jinri stated, ignoring Soojung's stares.

"Why do you guys always nag me about him?" Minzy complained. "We're just friends!"

Jinri stabbed her salad. "For now."

"Why hasn't he been around you like he was the first day of school?" Soojung asked curiously.

"Sehun just explained it to me," Minzy said. "Long story short–"

"I like long stories." Soojung gave her a devilish grin.

Minzy sighed and started from the beginning. She told Soojung and Jinri about Sehun's weird actions

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter