Problems

One-Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Curiosity bubbled inside of Minzy. "What do you mean, 'not anymore?!'" Minzy demanded.

"Naeun is going to try to hurt you," Jongin told Minzy, "so you really need to try your best to stay away from her. She's crazy."

"Well… she told me she wants to be good at something for once," Minzy defended Naeun, mentally slapping herself for giving such a lame excuse.

"And why did she say that?" Jongin gave a quizzical look.

"She was… apologizing…" Minzy uttered.

"For what?" Jongin asked her to continue.

"For yelling at me over a math problem," Minzy replied nervously.

Jongin hit his forehead. "Fights like that are gonna happen a lot more if you don't distance yourself from her, Minnie."

"How do you know?" Minzy's question threw him off.

Jongin sighed. "I've known Naeun since kindergarten. Everybody who went to my elementary school and middle school know she's insane. Just ask Soojung and Jinri next time you see them."

Minzy looked down at her schedule and glanced up at Jongin. "That would be at second period tomorrow."

"Alright," Jongin said, "you've gotta trust me in this one, Minnie."

Before Minzy could reply, the class finally began.

The next day, Minzy patiently waited for math class to end. the only reason Minzy kept her patience was because Jongin played with her hair, like he always does in math.

When she got to Ms. Park's room, Minzy nearly ran to her regular desk, next to Soojung. "Tell me about Son Naeun," she ordered.

"Well, hello to you too," Soojung replied sarcastically.

"Soojung, I'm serious," Minzy whispered. "Why do people say Naeun's crazy?"

"Let me guess: you met her in that math lesson yesterday," Soojung said flatly.

"Yeah," Minzy responded.

"And she freaked out thinking she was right about something when she wasn't."

"Something like that."

"And then she apologized and asked to be friends?"

"…Yes…"

Soojung heavily sighed. "That's exactly what you DON'T want to do. Everyone from my middle school knows that. But since you didn't go to my middle school, I'll let you off the hook."

"What's the big deal about her?" Minzy dared to ask. "She was nice to me yesterday. Well, except for when she flipped out on me."

"She's like that to EVERYONE she KNOWS don't know her!" Soojung remarked sourly.

Minzy narrowed her eyes, staring intently at Soojung. "Okay. I'll try to stay away from her. You know I can't get away from her at lunch on Tuesdays, right?"

"Of course I do. Just sit with Jinri and me like you always do. She'll stay away," Soojung told me.

I shrugged. "Alright. Whatever you say."

The next day at lunch, Jongin didn't sit with Minzy at lunch.

Minzy was sitting at the end of the table with Jinri next to them. Sehun sat on the other side, facing Minzy, with Soojung to his left.

"Why isn't Jongin sitting with us, Min?" Sehun asked curiously.

"I honestly don't know," Minzy replied. "The last time he talked to me was yesterday in English. He didn't play with my hair in math class this morning like he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter