Rumors & Lies

One-Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few weeks past since "Kai" & Minzy's double date with Sehun and Soojung. The days went by as they usually would.

But not today.

"Hi!" Naeun greeted Minzy politely in the math study class.

Minzy stiffened a bit by Naeun's sudden change in behavior. "Hey."

"How was your date with Jongin?" asked Naeun. "I heard you two went bowling with Sehun and Soojung."

"Oh, it was really fun!" Minzy forced a smile on her face. "It was a couple weeks ago."

"I know!" Naeun giggled. "You two make such a cute couple."

"Thanks…?" Minzy's reply was more like a question then a statement.

Naeun laugh some more. She placed her hand gently down on Minzy's wrist. "You don't need to be shy! You and Jongin have been together a little while now, right?"

Minzy tensed even more. "Y-yeah. What's that gotta do with anything?"

Naeun grinned. "Come on, Minzy. Everybody knows about you two. Why are you acting like this is some scandal?"

Minzy spoke honestly for the first time to Naeun. "It's not some scandal to me. You're scaring me right now because I've never seen you so cheerful." Minzy bit her cheek, fearful of how her bipolar classmate would respond.

Naeun smiled, showing her glistening teeth. "I'm just really happy today! Sorry for scaring you." She rubbed her thumb on the base of Minzy's hand, causing Minzy to shiver slightly. "Are you cold? Winter is coming up much faster than you think."

Minzy shivered more and nodded her head, lying. "Yeah. That's what it is."

"Here, take my jacket," Naeun insisted.

"Oh, no it's okay. I'm not that–" Minzy was cut off by the feeling of a soft, dark purple North Face coat with the heavy scent of a cherry blossom perfume. "Thank you."

Naeun smiled brightly. "Your welcome!" Her face faltered. "Minzy… there's something I've been meaning to tell you."

Minzy's heart thumped in her chest. Does she know she didn't like Kai in the beginning?

Minzy swallowed the lump in . "O-okay."

Naeun sighed sadly. "Have… have you slept with Jongin yet?"

Minzy's eyes widened in shock. Were rumors already going on about them?!

"No!" Minzy snapped. "I even told him I wasn't ready for that."

Naeun bit her lip in distress. "Oh, …"

Minzy felt like she was going to hurl. "What now?"

"Well…" Naeun in a breath. "Jongin was a . He kept callin me and texting me, saying how badly he wanted to… you know. He just showed up at my house and well… things sort of… went off from there." Naeun glanced up at Minzy and saw the scariest expression she could ever imagine.

Minzy didn't even look like Minzy anymore. Her hair fell in her face, making her look like something out of a horror movie. was turned into a full-on frown, lips hiding. The worst part about it all her her eyes. Yet her eyes displayed no emotion, which was the scariest feature in her face.

"How… how could you let him do that?" Minzy's dark tone even shocked herself. She'd never felt so many horrible feelings at once.

"I-I'm sorry, Minzy," Naeun stuttered. "But, I had already had it before! Just to one other guy, so it's not like Jongin will have any STDs because he brought condoms. And I was experienced! And now Jongin is too! So when you have him, it won't be awkward!" She laughed nervously.

Minzy wasn't listening when Naeun said she's had before; she actually believed that. Naeun DID seem like the kind of girl who gets around a lot. She simply watched the nervous girl before her. Part of Minzy knew that what Naeun was saying wasn't true. Naeun drove Kai insane. Kai would never do something like that.

But then again, Kai has hinted in the past he wants to start doing it…

Minzy erased those thoughts from her mind. There's no way Kai cheated on her, especially with some lunatic like Naeun.

Swiftly, Minzy stepped out of ther seat, ignoring Naeun's nervous babbling. Minzy threw Naeun's jacket into her lap and wasn't at all graceful about it.

Minzy marched into the hallway without even asking the substitute teacher, full aware Bjoo was watching her and wanted to follow her. He was stopped before he could.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter