Chapter 32. Change.

Loneliness.. will it be forever?

 

*Why must this happen to me??.. just why.. I'll never win her.. how...?* 

 

 

 

-24 days left.-

 

 

 

Di Young sighed, same goes to Mi Na.

 

*I will have to fight against my own real blood sister...I can't lose.... nor can she.. guess the only choice left is to compete.* Mi Na thought.

 

 

 

Flashback.

 

 

"I'm better!!" Mi Ra quarreled.

 

"No! Didn't you hear the teacher praise me earlier on??" Mi Na quarreled back.

 

Since young, the both of them has been competing against one another on who's the better one.

 

They challenged over almost everything.

 

Eating (who eats faster), Ballet (Who dances more gracefully), Hip Hop (Who earns the most praises), Singing (Who's voice turned out more melodious.)

 

"Why can't they stop competing?" their parents would say without fail.

 

 

 

Both of them have got high self esteem, which means, neither one of them can bring the other party down.

 

The both of them had the type of determination no other child will have.

 

They strive harder than any other, when competing, they will change to another person, as though they do not know each other.

 

But once the competing is over, they will play among themselves.

 

That will be the only time their parents will look at them from the side and smile.

 

 

 

However, after a particular incident, the relationship of the 2 sisters fell out completely.

 

"I will never lose to you again. NEVER." the infuriated words of Mi Na turned deaf to Mi Ra.

 

"What did you say? You will lose to me again? Aww, that's too kind of you. Thanks." Mi Ra smirked.

 

It was a bad day for Mi Na.

 

She lost to Mi Ra when eating and when dancing Hip Hop.

 

Now, she lost to her in Ballet again.

 

Could the day get any worse?

 

"Shut up! I hate you so much! i wished that umma has never gave birth to you!!!!" Mi Na screamed and ran back into her room.

 

 

 

Though Mi Ra grinned when Mi Na ran back into her room, the smile faded as quickly as it came.

 

The scar was there, "Hate...Me....?" the words echoed inside her mind.

 

"Then... I shall hate you too. I'm tired. I hate enduring all your nonsense. I hate it when we play together. I hate when you win over me. I hate when other people praise you. and now.... I hate you."

 

From that day onwards, the both of them exchanged no words.

 

Their parents thought that they have got sick of competing against one another.

 

But the truth... was never told.

 

 

 

End of flashback.

 

 

 

"Mi Na~ Are you coming or not?" Seun Hee snapped Mi Na out from her daze.

 

"U..Uh.. Ne..." She hurried in to the class.

 

 

.

 

.

 

 

"Have you seen Di Young around?" Woo Hyun whispered to L, not wanting the rest of the members to hear.

 

"No, i didn't." L whispered back, scanning the rest of the members, thankfully, they did not hear anything.

 

Sungjong was lying flat on the table, exhausted after the intensive training the previous day.

 

Sunggyu, Dong Woo, Sungyeol and Hoya was still standing, chatting among themselves.

 

Jin Hyun, Da Eun and Mi Ra was sitting at the table beside them, fixing their make-up, and hair.

 

Once in awhile, they'll glance over to Infinite but all they got back was ignorance.

 

 

.

 

.

 

 

"DI YOUNG! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO WHAT I'M SAYING?!" Mrs Lee shouted at her from the front row.

 

Di Young was still lost in her own thoughts, everything turned deaf to her.

 

*Competition..why must it be with her??! why can't i be with someone else in the school?? i don't mind if i suffer from humiliation or whatsoever... but... what's with the idea of letting me compete with her?! i'll be at my losing end even before stepping on to the stage..*

 

"DI YOUNG DI YOUNG DI YOUNG!!!!!" Mrs Lee screamed again.

 

"The teacher has gone crazy. kekeke." a classmate whispered to another from the second row.

 

 

 

Mi Na shook her crazily, hoping that she will come back to Earth.

 

"Y..yes?" She finally answered back.

 

Mi Na just pointed over to the teacher's desk.

 

Di Young turned to the front.

 

Poor Mrs Lee was coughing like a sick person, hurriedly, she pulled out her water bottle from her bag and gulped it down.

 

"What happened to her?" was Di Young's reply.

 

"Is she serious or is she pretending? I can't tell." Eun Ra mumbled to Seun Hee.

 

 

 

-RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG-

 

 

 

The last bell went off.

 

Students rushed out from the main gate, teachers packed their bags and left for the staffroom.

 

Infinite went to look for Di Young, Mi Na, Seun Hee and Eun Ra.

 

Di Young looked up, she saw Sunggyu, Dong Woo, Woo Hyun, Hoya, L and Sungjong.

 

Anyone missing? No? look again.

 

*Someone's missing.* Di Young thought as she scanned the group again.

 

*Maybe... he's in the toilet or something?*

 

 

 

Hoya and Sunggyu was listening attentively to what Mi Na was saying, regarding the incident that the teacher coughed hard due to her shouting so much.

 

Dong Woo and Sungjong was playing around with Seun Hee and Eun, teasing and making fun of them.

 

Woo Hyun and L was by Di Young's side.

 

"Why are you looking so vex?" L asked Di Young.

 

She looked at him, sighed, and looked back to the front.

 

"Tell us tell us! You know we'll stand with you! who's the one that bullied you again?! I'll make sure he/she suffer." Woo Hyun got angry.

 

"Yah! Don't let your thoughts run wild! No one bullied me, just, i'm going to compete with Jin Hyun, that's all." Di Young finally spoke up.

 

 

 

"Are you sure th- YOU'RE GOING TO COMPETE WITH THAT CRAZY WOMEN!?" The both of them shouted in unison causing the rest of Infinite members to turn to the back.

 

"I don't have an option, its a must. Whatever. I'll just take up the challenge. What is there to lose?" *when i'm going to leave soon.*

 

"ALL THE WAY DI YOUNG!!! WE'RE SUPPORTING FOR YOU!" Infinite cheered for her, allowing a big smile to creep on to Di Young's lips.

 

"Oh! It's Sungyeol Hyung! HYUNG! HYUNGGGG!" Sungjong waved his hands for a thousand times at Sungyeol who walked past them from the front.

 

Sungyeol stopped, and turned his head to their direction.

 

Without saying anything, he walked away again.

 

 

 

 

Sungjong called out to him again, but he just disappeared from their sight.

 

*W..what's wrong...?*

 

Almost immediately, the members rushed up to Sunggyu, questioning him about Sungyeol's actions.

 

All they got back was an 'i don't know'.

 

 

.

 

.

 

 

~back in their dorm~

 

 

 

"Sungyeol ah? Are you home yet?" Sunggyu called out as he stepped into their dorm, followed by the rest of the members.

 

The members searched the whole house, Sungyeol wasn't home yet and the time was 6.30pm, soon, they will be having their rehearsal.

 

All of them spam-called Sungyeol, leaving him countless of inbox message asking him to be home earlier so that they can start their rehearsal.

 

Sungyeol did not bother replying them.

 

"Let's just start without him...." Sunggyu said as he started for the door.

 

 

 

All of them practiced to the Japanese version of BTD and Be Mine.

 

It was odd, as there was an empty space between them. The space Sungyeol was supposed to fill.

 

*It won't be Infinite if you're not here Sungyeol...* Hoya thought as he glanced over at the spot Sungyeol used to sit at.

 

After 2 hours 30 minutes, they ended off their rehearsal and went back to their dorm.

 

It was dark outside and Sungyeol wasn't home yet.

 

Sungjong looked at the clock, it read 2210.

 

 

 

"Hyung...come home soon..." L whispered softly.

 

At that moment, the door clicked open and an exhausted Sungyeol appeared from the door.

 

The members smiled, relieved and welcomed him home.

 

"Sungyeol! you're home!" "Hyung!" "Yeolyeol!"

 

Sungyeol just gave a weak smile and went to take a bath.

 

He did not even apologize for not attending the rehearsal, nor did he state his reason.

 

 

.

 

.

 

 

"Our prey is here."