Chapter 31. Competition.

Loneliness.. will it be forever?

 

A speeding car was approaching her way..

 

 

The driver did not even bother to honk.

 

She just drove on. 

 

Di Young did not notice, she was still deep in her thoughts.

 

"DI YOUNG! WATCH OUT!!!" A loud warning voice awoke Di Young from her day dream.

 

Luckily for her, she escaped the fate of being seriously injured.

 

 

 

Flashback.

 

 

Woo Hyun and L was on their way to the nearby mart, planning to stock up the amount of food supply snacks they have at their dorm.

 

Their manager was out, hence Sunggyu took the chance and asked the both of them to sneak out.

 

With a quick wave, they were out from the dorm and heading to their paradise - of snacks.

 

The both of them made a U-turn at the corner of the streets and turned into a empty stretch of road which was a short cut to the mart.

 

 

 

"Hyung, are you still worried about Di Young?" L asked Woo Hyun.

 

"Of course.. I wonder what has happened to her, just take a look at her, dark circles, eye bags, pale complexion.." Woo Hyun shook his head.

 

"Lifeless, drowned in sorrows and ignorance to us.." L continued sadly.

 

The both of them just sighed. What else can they say?

 

*I really hope that she's fine.. i'm worried sick..* Woo Hyun thought.

 

*Sigh..Di Young, don't ignore us...If only i can see you right now. I'll make sure i give you a bigbigbig hug to comfort you.* L looked up to the sky.

 

 

 

"ISN'T THAT DI YOUNG!?" Woo Hyun exclaimed out of a sudden.

 

L looked to the direction Woo Hyun was pointing at.

 

"IT'S HER!"

 

The both of them was about to run up to her when they saw the speeding car.

 

Without any further a do, the both of them shouted, "DI YOUNG! WATCH OUT!!"

 

Di Young ran to the side, and the car speed past her.

 

 

 

As the car passed by Woo Hyun and L, L caught a glimpse of the driver.

 

Though she has a hoodie over her head, the sparks burning in her eyes can never be hidden.

 

Woo Hyun has already ran up to Di Young, hence, L is the only one who saw the killer eyes of the driver.

 

Within seconds, the car was out of sight.

 

 

 

End of flashback.

 

 

 

"YAH! Are you crazy or what!? Didn't you even see the car??" Woo Hyun scolded.

 

"Mianhae... i really didn't notice.." Di Young lowered her head.

 

"Hyung, don't scold her anymore, she's still in a shock." L stopped Woo Hyun.

 

He then went over to Di Young and gave her a big hug, assuring her that she's fine now.

 

Di Young's eyes widened.

 

She blinked for a couple of times before returning back to Earth.

 

"Yeah, you're fine now. stop looking so shocked." Woo Hyun said as he ruffled her hair.

 

 

 

 

*How am i supposed to keep calm and stay not-shocked when L just gave me a hug, and the both of you are pretending that i have never been cold towards you all?* Di Young thought guiltily.

 

Di Young thanked them and continued her way.

 

"Where are you going?" L asked her.

 

"Nowhere." She replied, not looking back.

 

"Join us then!" Woo Hyun shouted as he doubled his speed to catch up with her.

 

L joined him.

 

Di Young could not run, L was on her left, while Woo Hyun, right.

 

 

 

Without any choice left, she tagged along with them to the mart.

 

 

.

 

.

 

 

 

-finished buying the snacks.-

 

 

 

"I...I need to get going now.." Di Young said as she started to walk away.

 

"Hyung! Should we invite her over?" L whispered.

 

"Can't! Sungyeol's quite agitated when she ignored us, remember? what if he gets angry again?" Woo Hyun whispered back.

 

"You're right.. Annyong Di Young!" L shouted and waved.

 

Di Young waved back and continued her way.

 

The both of them went back to their dorm.

 

 

 

 

"We're home!" they shouted the moment they stepped into the dorm.

 

Sungjong came running out from the room.

 

"SHHHHH! Manager hyung is inside!!" He cupped his hands over their mouth.

 

Quietly, they rushed into the kitchen and hid the snacks.

 

Then, they went back into the room.

 

"Where have the both of you been to?" their manager asked as L closed the door.

 

 

 

"Out for a walk." Woo Hyun answered coolly.

 

"You sure?" the manager asked suspiciously.

 

"Ne~" L smiled and took a seat beside Sunggyu.

 

"Alright, as i was saying......." the manager continued after being stopped abruptly by Woo Hyun and L who entered the room.

 

The members was paying full attention to his words apart from Sungyeol.

 

He was still upset over the fact that Di Young is ignoring them.

 

*Something is going on..*

 

 

.

 

.

 

 

Di Young reached her main door, she paused for a few seconds before pushing open the door.

 

The house was as empty as ever.

 

*If only i have a sibling...things will be much better, i will have someone to talk to when im bored, someone to fight playfully with, someone to tease when something happen, and someone to share my feelings with when i'm feeling down.. if only...* She thought as she put away the snacks she have bought along with Woo Hyun and L.

 

Returning into her room, she packed her bag for school the next day.

 

 

 

-The next day.-

 

 

 

"DI YOUNG!!!! BIG NEWS!!" Mi Na shouted as she ran towards Di Young along with Seun Hee and Eun Ra.

 

Di Young turned and saw them.

 

*What news will there be at this point of time?*

 

"What news..?"

 

"Competition!... Challenge!...." Seun Hee said, out of breath.

 

Di Young looked at them confusingly and said, "But... what has it got to do with me?"

 

Eun Ra gave Mi Na the obviously-she-hasn't-been-taking-note-of-the-notice-board look.

 

Di Young asked again, Mi Na then explained to her that she(Di Young) will be competing against Jin Hyun while she(Mi Na) will be competing against Mi Ra.

 

 

 

 

The teachers signed them up without letting them know.

 

The whole purpose of this was because their teacher thinks that they have got the potential to sing and dance, hence, the moment the registration form is up, the teachers grabbed 2 piece each and scribbled on their names.

 

"W...what!?" She shouted in disbelief.

 

Seun Hee and Eun Ra just nodded to show that what Mi Na said earlier on was true.

 

Di Young's spirits dampened.

 

Without a word, she went back into the classroom.

 

 

 

 

*Why must this happen to me??.. just why.. I'll never win her..how...?* 

 

 

--

 

Do you think that she'll win/back out from/lose the competition?

There will be more things for her to handle later on.... i've thought of 2 evil plots :X

You'll know soon!

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASE! <3 I LOVE YOU SO MUCH READERS! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! <3333