The Wedding

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Life is like a piano. White keys are happy moments and black keys are sad moments. But remember both keys are played together to give sweet music…”

“Are you for real?” Lee Jong Suk widened his eyes in shocked. He scoffed in disbelief before glaring at Park Shin Hye who was sitting in front of him in his office. “Yah! What kind of stupid agreement is this? You want to me to prepare this kind of contract for you? Forget about it!”

Shin Hye didn’t say anything but just looked at Jong Suk with her beautiful big eyes. As always, Jong Suk will never be able to stand her pitiful gaze.

“Yah, Park Shin Hye. Stop looking at me like a pitiful puppy. I wouldn’t help you. If your father knows about this, he will definitely get a heart attack.” Jong Suk said.

“That’s why I need your help. You know I don’t have many friends. And you are the only lawyer I know.” Shin Hye said softly as she looked down.

Jong Suk let out a long sigh. “Shin Hye-ah. You know this is something very serious. How can you give everything to him just because he agreed to marry you for a year? Who he thinks he is? He is the one who needs help now, not you. What are you going to do after one year? Sign the divorce paper and give him everything?” He took a look on the list Shin Hye gave him just now and glared at her again. “Cannot interfere his personal life? What the hell is that?”

Shin Hye sighed softly and said, “He already have a girlfriend.”

“So now you are telling me this jerk is going to marry you for your money, the duration of this fake marriage is one year and he will continue to date his girlfriend. And you agreed to that. Really?” Jong Suk asked in disbelief.

He couldn’t denied when he heard that she was going to get married, his heart was aching like hell but he will still give her his blessing if she found someone who really love her. They have been friends since they were kids and he was very sure Shin Hye knew that he likes her since very long ago. But he knew deep inside her heart, there was a person that nobody could replace. But now she is telling him that he is marrying a jerk that only loves her for her money.

“Why him? If you just need a man to be your father’s son in-law and your husband, I can always help. For your information, I’m a man too. Why? Why not me?” Jong Suk sounds playful but he knew he was trying to hint it to her that he can be her husband too, he is willing to be her husband without needing any contract, any duration or money. 

Shin Hye looked a bit shocked but later laughed at him softly. “Because I always treat you as a brother. Because a brother will not marry his sister. Because you are not in my father’s candidate list. Because you are a lawyer and not a business man.”

Jong Suk looked down and laughed at himself. Just a simple 4 “because”, she indirectly told him that he don’t stand a chance at all.

“Please help me. I really need him to manage my father’s company. I don’t want my father to worry about the company and don’t have any time to rest even with his condition now. I know all these are ridiculous to you but I have confident. Lee Min Ho is not what you think he is. I trust him.” I’ll never forget that warm gaze and the courage he gave me fourteen years ago. Shin Hye said as her eyes was looking at Jong Suk, pleading.

Jong Suk let out a defeated sigh. “I can help you to prepare the contract but why must you transfer all your PLE’s shares under his name now? You can do it after the contract end. If you give it to him now, who knows he will keep his promise or not.”

Shin Hye smiled. “Sooner or later those things will belong to him. If my father thinks he is the one who can take over the company, I trust my father.”

“If Kang So Ra knows about all these, I’m going to be a dead meat.” Jong Sok said.      

“Don’t tell her. She will kill me too.” Shin Hye said worriedly.

“How long you think we can hide this from her? She will be back from UK next week. And you are going to tell her you are getting married and the wedding is next week. Let’s see how you going to escape that scary stare from her super big eyes. I still don’t understand why she wants to be a doctor instead of a lawyer. She will definitely be a successful lawyer.” Jong Suk shook his head.

Shin Hye laughed softly when she heard what Jong Suk said about So Ra. Three of them were childhood friends but Jong Suk and So Ra was 3 years older than her. Their parents were PLE’s business partner and always came to her house when they were still kids. Jong Suk was a very playful but smart guy. He always took good care of her and protects her from anything. She knew the way he looked at her was different but she chooses to ignore it. She doesn’t want to hurt him when she doesn’t feel the same. So Ra was a very strong and independent girl. She will never give up on anything she does. Maybe because of that strong personality, Shin Hye always felt safe being with her. Among 3 of them, she was the useless one. She knew nothing except her precious violin.

“Is it really had to be this rush? The wedding is next week.” Jong Suk continued.

Shin Hye smiled weakly. “For me, it’s because my father doesn’t have much time. For him, the faster it starts, the sooner it will end.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye was nervous as she sat in front of the mirror looking at herself in her wedding gown. She was sitting alone in one of the room in the church waiting for the wedding ceremony to start. Her heart was pounding fast and hard. She knew this whole marriage was just a fake one but a part of her, she still felt a little excited because she is marrying the man that already stayed in her heart for fourteen years.

She almost jumped up when Kang So Ra came in. She walked towards Shin Hye and stood behind of her. She flashed her a warm smile while looking at her through the mirror. “You looked very beautiful.”

Shin Hye smiled weakly and reply, “Thank you.”

So Ra leaned nearer to her and asked. “Are you alright? The ceremony will start very soon.”

“Yes. I’m just nervous.” Shin Hye said softly as she looked up at So Ra. “Is everyone arrived already?”

“Do you mean is your groom arrived already?” So Ra . Shin Hye immediately looked down at her dress and sighed. Nothing can hide from So Ra. Yes, she was worried whether Min Ho will actually come or not.

“Don’t worry. He was already there talking with all the guests. I bet all the girls in the church were dazed by his handsome look today. Is this the reason why you agreed to this ridiculous arrangement?” So Ra asked again.

Shin Hye looked up at her, doesn’t know how to answer. She was right. This marriage was ridiculous and it’s a joke. “Jong Suk oppa told you everything?”

“You know he couldn’t hide anything from me. I know you did all these because you love your father so much but does it worth it? The man out there, he doesn’t love you.” So Ra asked, sounded serious and worried.

Shin Hye looked at So Ra before her mind brought her back to the day at the hotel.

 

“So when you want to get married?” Min Ho asked coldly.

“As soon as possible. My father’s condition couldn’t wait any longer. I hope you can understand.” Shin Hye answered softly.

Min Ho nodded as he said, “Okay, how about next week? Once we sign the paper, I want to immediately report to work at PLE.” He knew she couldn’t wait. Same goes to him. He needs to save his father’s company too.

“It’s fine for me. I’ll get the marriage contract done by this week.” Shin Hye assured him.

“Another thing. I don’t want to stay with your father after we get married. But at the same time I won’t force you to stay with my family too.” He said.

Shin Hye widened her eyes. “But I have to take care of my father. And I’ve been staying with him since I was born.”

“I have an apartment nearby your house. Both of us will stay there and don’t worry. During the day you will have as much time as you want to accompany your father. I’ll come to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter