Forgive and Forget

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If someone does you wrong, keep in mind that everybody makes mistakes. Forgive and forget. No one wants to be around someone who constantly makes them feel guilty…”

“Okay. We are done.” So Ra helped Shin Hye to sit on the chair after she has done the ultrasound for her. Shin Hye was already 3 months pregnant; her stomach was slightly round but not big.

“Is my baby okay?” Shin Hye asked with a worried tone. “Although the bleeding wasn’t a lot but you told me to look for you if there was any unusual pain or bleeding. I came here the first thing this morning.”

So Ra looked at the ultrasound report and her brows furrowed slightly. After a while, she looked up at Shin Hye. “Is this the first time?”

Shin Hye nodded.

“Did you have any ual with your husband before the bleeding or a week before?” So Ra asked with a serious tone.

Shin Hye shook her head with her eyes slightly widened. “We… before the bleeding no. I mean we did but not before the bleeding and not this week. He was busy and I was tired and…” She paused as she bit her lips. “But since I’m pregnant, we have been very careful. I-I mean… he was very gentle and I didn’t feel any unusual pain or…” Shin Hye stuttered in embarrassment. She felt her face started to blush now.  

So Ra laughed softly. “Calm down and don’t worry. I just need to check. I told you already. ual during pregnancy does not harm your baby. You just have to be careful.” She looked down to the report again. “Is there any strong cramp or pain in your lower part abdomen or anywhere that make you feel uncomfortable?”

“Not really. Everything was fine except for the bleeding yesterday. So Ra-ah, please tell me honestly what’s wrong with me. As you know about my mother’s history, I’m quite worried.” Shin Hye asked nervously.

So Ra sighed. “Don’t worry too much. Bleeding during pregnancy is common especially during the first trimester, and usually it’s no cause for alarm. But because bleeding can sometimes be a sign of something serious, it's important to know the possible causes and that’s why I need to do an ultrasound for you just now. I didn’t find anything abnormal, so let’s just presume nothing for now. I’ll give you some medication for that and make sure you call me if there is any more bleeding, okay?”

Shin Hye sighed as she nodded.

So Ra narrowed her eyes at Shin Hye. “I bet you didn’t tell Min Ho about this.”

“No, I didn’t. He will freak out if I did. And I don’t want him to worry. He thought I just come here to have lunch with you.” She said softly.

So Ra nodded. “I understand but it would be better not to hide it from him. He is the father and he has the right to know about it. He might be overly protective sometimes but it’s just because he love you and care about you.”

Shin Hye sighed. “I know.”

“Okay. So do you need me to accompany you for lunch later because if you need you have to wait for quite long. I still have a lot of patients waiting for me.” So Ra said with a weak smile.

“It’s alright. I can eat myself. Don’t worry.” Shin Hye assured her with a smile.

 

“Shin Hye.”

Shin Hye turned around when she heard someone called her. Her eyes were widened with surprise when she saw Lee Soon Jae and Kim Hee Ae. She flashed them a warm smile as she bowed at them politely.

"What a surprise to see you here. What are you doing in the hospital?” Lee Soon Jae asked.

“I-I was…”

“Omo. Shin Hye-ah. Are you pregnant?” Kim Hee Ae cut her of as her eyes looked at Shin Hye’s stomach.

Shin Hye smiled at them awkwardly as she nodded. “3 months.”

Lee Soon Jae and Kim Hee Ae laughed happily as Hee Ae held onto Shin Hye’s hands. “Is everything okay with the baby? Why Min Ho didn’t come with you?” She asked with concern in her eyes.

“Don’t worry. The baby is healthy. I’m here to look for my friend actually. She is a doctor here. That’s why Min Ho oppa didn’t come with me.” Shin Hye explained.

Lee Soon Jae nodded. “Since you are pregnant now, I guess he treat you better now.”

Shin Hye looked at him, surprised. Then she recalled the fight in his house during his birthday. “He is very good to me. We are very happy together.” She assured him with a smile.

“How’s Min Jung? Did she give you any problem staying with both of you?” Hee Ae asked nervously.

“She is very good too. Don’t worry.” Shin Hye said.

“It’s good to hear that. Oh yea, it has been a while since you come to our house. Why not you and…” Hee Ae was cut off by Lee Soon Jae.

“Hee Ae-ah. You know he don’t like to come. Don’t force them.” Lee Soon Jae said as he shook his head at Hee Ae.

Shin Hye felt a sudden sting of dilemma looking at them. She can understand their feeling. They must have missed Min Ho and Min Jung very much. But at the same time she knew Min Ho will be very unhappy if she says yes now. When she was still thinking about what to do, Lee Soon Jae’s cough sound startled her. He was coughing very hard and loud. She naturally walked to him and patted his back.

“Si-abeoji, are you alright? Your cough seems very serious.” Shin Hye asked worriedly.

“He has been coughing for months already. If not because I force him this morning, he don’t even want to come to see the doctor today.” Hee Ae said.

“So what’s the doctor say? Is it serious?” Shin Hye asked again.

“Minor lungs infection. Have to take some antibiotics.” Hee Ae shook her head and looked at her husband.

“I’m alright. Just some cough. Don’t scare the young people.” Lee Soon Jae smiled at Shin Hye. “Don’t worry. I’m okay. Did you drive? I need to rush back to the office already and your si-eomoni is going back home. We can drop you off if you don’t mind.”

Shin Hye nodded and smiled politely to him. “Thank you so much.”  

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Lee Soon Jae’s driver was fetching Shin Hye home after he dropped him off at LST. The awkward silence in the car make Shin Hye felt uneasy. She stole a sideway glance at Kim Hee Ae who was looking outside the window. She took a deep breath before she turned to her.

“I heard that you were working with si-abeoji last time. You are not working in LST anymore?” Shin Hye asked softly, breaking the silence.

Hee Ae looked at her and smiled. “Not anymore. I stopped working after I married him. At that time Min Ho and Min Jung was still a kid. I need to spend more time to take care of them. But after Min Ho completed his high school, he went to US, leaving only Min Jung with me.” She looked down and chuckled sadly. “As you can see, both of them don’t really like me. So after few years, Min Jung went to US too with her brother.”

Shin Hye saw a glimpse of sadness crossed her eyes. Whenever she talked about Min Jung, she has that kind of expression that makes people feel sad for her. She doesn’t understand why and she doesn’t dare to ask either.

“Although Soon Jae oppa didn’t say anything, but I know he missed them a lot. He might not be a good father but deep down in his heart, he felt so sorry for them, especially Min Ho. He hates his father and me for his mother’s death.” Hee Ae continued. She looked up at Shin Hye again.

“I know it was my fault. I’m the one who destroyed his family. He should hate me. But Soon Jae oppa is his father. I really hope one day he can forgive him.” She said sadly. “But then something happened to his company. No matter how he tried, he couldn’t find a way to solve it except looking for your father. We knew we were very selfish for forcing him into this marriage but we knew you are a great girl. You will treat him well.”

Shin Hye sighed as she looked at Hee Ae. “The problem was not I’m a great girl or not. It’s whether he was willing or not. What Min Ho oppa want was very simple. He wants his father to respect him and don’t do anything behind his back or go against his will. Even though he hates him for what he did to his mother but deep inside his heart, he still loves his father. If not, do you think he will agree to this marriage? What si-abeoji did to his mother was a past. It’s too late and no one can undo anything now. I think, what Min Ho oppa really need is a sincere apology from him.” Shin Hye let out a soft smile. “Min Ho oppa wasn’t as cold as you think. He just needs time and he is very understanding. I believe he will forgive his father one day.” 

Kim Hee Ae held Shin Hye’s hand and let out a sigh of relief. “Although it was a mistake to force Min Ho to accept this marriage but looking at you now and listened to what you have said, I think there was at least one thing that we did right. We found him a perfect wife. Looking at your smile every time you mention his name, I’m sure you love him very much.”

Shin Hye looked down with a smile, blushing. “I took quite a long time to melt this iceberg.” She whispered.

“Iceberg?” Hee Ae asked curiously.

Shin Hye looked at her and shook her head with a soft laugh.   

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Min Ho was busy with his office work in his room and didn’t realize Shin Hye was sitting in front of him, staring at him for a long time. He looked up and met her gaze. He put down his pen as he leaned back against his chair and crossed his arms.

“What are you looking at? I know I’m handsome but it’s kind of creepy if you keep looking at me like this.” Min Ho said teasingly. He then narrowed his eyes at her. “You’ve been acting very weird since you came back from your lunch date with So Ra last week. Are you okay? Is our baby okay?” He asked in a worried tone.

Shin Hye averted her gaze as she tried to think of something to change the topic. “Of course everything is okay. We were just having lunch that day. But…” Should I tell him?   

“But what?” Min Ho asked.

Shin Hye turned back to Min Ho and asked carefully. “Oppa. Will you be free this coming Saturday?”

“Wae?” He asked again.

She rubbed her nape before she took a deep breath. “I was thinking… it has been quite a while since the last time we go… home.”

Min Ho tilted his head in confusion. “Go home? You mean your father’s house? You want to go back? Of course I’m free. We can go back together.” He smiled at her.

“No. Not my house. I-I mean… your father’s house.” She stuttered nervously. She felt her heartbeat raced when she saw the smile on Min Ho’s face faded.

He let out a heavy sigh before he leaned forward and took his pen. He looked down on the file he was working just now without looking at Shin Hye. “I’m not free.”

“You just said you were free a while ago.” Shin Hye said. She heaved  a sigh when Min Ho didn’t reply her.

“I bumped into your father and your… I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter