What Is Love?

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s hard to wait around for something you know might never happen, but it’s even harder to give up when it’s everything you want.”

Fourteen years ago.

 

“Min Jung is your biological sister.” Lee Soon Jae said softly.

“No way. She was adopted. Eomma said she was adopted because she wanted to have daughter but she couldn’t get one.” The 13 years old Min Ho said urgently as he panting hard, couldn’t believe what his father just told him.

Lee Soon Jae sighed before looking at Min Ho again. “I’m sorry. We have to hide it from you because we don’t want you to hate us, to hate Min Jung. She is mine and Kim Hee Ae’s daughter.”

Min Ho took a step back and shook his head in disbelief. “Auntie Kim? Your secretary?” Min Ho closed his eyes, trying to clear his mind. He was only 8 years old when his parents brought Min Jung back. They told him she was adopted since his mother always wanted a daughter but due to her health condition she couldn’t get one. At that time Min Jung was already 5 years old. Is this means his father were already having an affair with his secretary before his mother pass away?

“This was the reason why eomma got depression, right. It was because of you and that woman. You killed eomma. You killed eomma!” Min Ho yelled at his father.

“No. What your eomma suffered was inherits depression from her family. Her depression already started long ago before I met Hee Ae.” Lee Soon Jae walked to Min Ho and held his hand up as he touched on his wrist. “Look at this scar. Your mother cut it herself with a knife when you were only 2 years old. She was already ill back then.”

Min Ho pulled his hand away from his father and stepped back. “Even if eomma was ill, you shouldn’t have cheated on her. And you still dare to bring your illegitimate daughter back to us? You must feel very satisfying to keep us in the dark all these years.”

“Your eomma knew about it. She knew everything. It’s just you and Min Jung. You were still small and Min Jung’s attitude, she wouldn’t understand all this. She still thought she was adopted. We can’t tell her yet.” Lee Soon Jae trying to explain.

“Appa, Oppa. What happened? Why are you two fighting?”

Min Ho and his father turned around together when they heard Lee Min Jung’s voice. Min Ho was even angrier when he saw Min Jung standing there looking at him. All these years he love her like his own sister although he though she was adopted. But now, after knowing she was his half-sister, the relationship between them indeed became closer but that feeling had become hatred. He glared at Min Jung before ran out from his father’s room.

Little Min Jung was frighten by her brother’s glare and quickly followed behind him. “Oppa, oppa. Wait for me.”

Min Ho ignored her and just ran as fast as he can. He wanted to run far away from this house, far away from his father and far away from his sister. Without thinking, he just ran straight outside from the house.

Min Jung was still chasing Min Ho from behind. This was the first time her brother ignore her like that. They were now running outside the neighbourhood when Min Jung saw Min Ho crossed the road without looking. She saw a car that was heading fast towards Min Ho and he was stunned, frozen when he saw the car was about to ran over him. Min Jung quickly ran to him and pushed him to the side.

“Bang!”

Min Ho felt someone pushed him hard and he fell on the floor. He turned around and found an unconscious Min Jung was laying lifelessly on the floor with a lot of blood surrounding her small body. He crawled over to her and patted softly on her face. “Min Jung-ah… Min Jung-ah… wake up. Wake up!”

He turned to the driver who standing beside them, looking very shocked. “Call the ambulance!”

 

Park Shin Hye felt very uncomfortable. She stole a sideway glance at Min Ho besides her but his face was cold and expressionless. She then looked at Min Jung, who was sitting in front of her. She quickly looked back down when she saw Min Jung glaring at her. They were all having dinner in the dining room in Min Ho’s house but the quietness was very frightening.

“Shin Hye-ah. This is the first time you came here and your si-eomoni doesn’t know what you like to eat. I hope you like the food we prepared.” Lee Soon Jae was the first one who broke the silence.

Shin Hye turned to her father in-law and smiled softly. “Don’t worry. I’m not a food picky person. Thank you so much for having me here tonight.”

Lee Soon Jae laughed as he nodded. “What a soft and sweet girl you are. I’m glad Min Ho has you as his wife. Please help us to take good care of him. His personality might be hard to get close but I’m sure he will treat you well.”

Shin Hye smile awkwardly as she looked at Min Ho who was eating very quietly, still looking very cold.

“How’s your father? I hope he is doing well.” Lee Soon Jae continued.

“His condition is considered stable at the moment. I hope the new medicine they are trying on him now could help.” Shin Hye answered softly.

Lee Soon Jae nodded and then turned to Min Ho. “Min Ho-ah. How about your work in PLE? Everything good?”

Shin Hye almost jumped in shocked when Min Ho suddenly put down his chopstick and looked at his father.

“Do you actually want to ask is LST’s problem being solved yet? Don’t worry. The moment I married the heiress of PLE, your company’s problem was already settled.” Min Ho said, his tone was calm yet stern.

“That’s the whole point. Oppa agreed to this marriage because he needs to help appa to settle his company’s problem. Not because he love you. He only wants your money. And your face is thick enough to sit here with us pretend that you are one of us?” Min Jung said angrily and glaring straight into Shin Hye’s eyes.

“Lee Min Jung. Stop talking!” Kim Hee Ae stopped her.

“Why? Everything she said was right. Didn’t you and abeoji sell me off because of money?” Min Ho turned to Kim Hee Ae and asked sarcastically.

“Enough!” Lee Soon Jae raised his voice. “I’m fine if you don’t respect me but please respect your wife and your eomeoni.”

Min Ho looked at his father and scoffed. “My eomeoni? Let me remind you the real Mrs Lee and my eomma already passed away long ago. She is just your legal mistress.” He said pointing at Kim Hee Ae.

Shin Hye widened her eyes as she looked at Kim Hee Ae. She looked down in embarrassed as Min Jung smirked. Shin Hye didn’t know that she was not Min Ho’s mother. Her heart was pounding very fast and she can feel her hands were trembling. Although she was very lonely after her mother passed away and her father was always busy with his work, but she live under a very harmony and peaceful environment. She never witnesses something like this before.

Lee Soon Jae sighed. “After so many years, you still couldn’t forgive me about this. I told you many times. Is not Hee Ae’s fault. We really love each other and the relationship between me and your eomma was like…”

“Was like me and Shin Hye?” Min Ho cut him off. “An arranged marriage?” Min Ho laughed softly before he continued again. “Because you love her, you insist to married her without thinking about my feeling. Because you love her, you hurt eomma and forced her to accept all this . Don’t you think you are very selfish? You can freely love the person you want but because you want to save your business, you force me to married a person that I don’t love. You want me to sacrifice and hurt the one I love just to save your company.”

“If that girl really loves you, she wouldn’t accept my money and leave you!” Lee Soon Jae raised his voice now. His face was so red in anger.

Married a person that I don’t love. Sacrifice and hurt the one I love. These two sentences were like a sharp knife stabbed into Shin Hye’s heart. She bit her lips very hard, trying to hold back the tears she knew is coming.

“Even if she does, do you think you have the right to interfere my personal life? You don’t love eomma because you were forced to married her and you knew how sad that was to be with a person you don’t love. Then why do you choose the same path for me?” Min Ho asked, his voice was painful.

Lee Soon Jae just looked at Min Ho, speechless. He doesn’t know how to answer him but his son was right. He was selfish. He can’t let his company fall and the only person who can help them was Park Won.

Min Ho shook his head and let out a long sigh. “You ruined eomma’s life. And now, you are ruining mine.”

“Oppa!” Lee Min Jung called out when she saw Min Ho stood up and maki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter