Every End Is a New Beginning

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t start your day with the broken pieces of yesterday. Every day is a fresh start. Each day is a new beginning. Every morning we wake up is the first day of our new life…”

“The cut on her wrist wasn’t too deep but it was lucky someone called the police on time. Her main problem now is her mental condition. She was quite uncontrollable just now and we have to give her an injection to make her calm down. We tried to talk to her and asked her questions but she just kept very quiet. There might be a chance of depression she is suffering now. Try to talk to her and give her some mental support. If her condition worsens, we will transfer her to a psychiatrist.” The doctor explained.

Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Jung rushed to the hospital as fast as possible after Min Jung received the call from the police. Goo Hye Sun wasn’t conscious when they reached the hospital. A bandage was wrapped around her wrist and although she was sleeping peacefully now, her face looked very pale.

They were now standing outside Hye Sun’s room and were talking with the doctor on her condition. Min Ho let out a deep sigh after he heard what the doctor just said. “When will she wake up?” He asked.

“Let her rest and sleep for tonight. She probably will wake up tomorrow morning. You all can come back again tomorrow.” The doctor answered with a smile as he walked away with the nurse, leaving three of them looking into Hye Sun’s room worriedly.

“Oppa, will eonnie become like eomma? Eomma had depression too, she killed herself too.” Min Jung asked Min Ho.

Min Ho turned to his sister and her head softly. “Don’t worry. She won’t become like eomma. I won’t let her become like eomma. Okay?” Min Jung nodded, still looking worried.   

Shin Hye turned to the direction where Hye Sun was lying lifelessly on the bed. She remembered they were still talking in the coffee shop 2 days ago. She was still okay back then. I don’t have anyone anymore. That sentence was like a sharp knife stabbed into her heart. Is it her fault? She might be the one who trigger her suicidal attempt.

“Are you alright?”

Min Ho‘s voice shook Shin Hye’s off from her deep thought. She turned to him and smiled weakly. “I’m okay.”

“But your hand is freezing, your face is as white as paper.” Min Ho said in a worried tone.

Her husband was right. She doesn’t feel well. Her head was spinning very badly and she felt nausea. She didn’t have a good night sleep since the day she ran away to So Ra’s house.

“I’m just tired and worried about Hye Sun-sshi.” Shin Hye assured him with a smile. “Do you want to stay here with her? I think someone should take care of her tonight. In case she wakes up tomorrow, at least someone can talk to her and she won’t feel lonely.”

Min Ho’s brows furrowed and he sighed. He then turned to Min Jung. “Can you stay with Hye Sun here tonight? I think it will be better for a girl to take care of her.”

Min Jung glanced at Shin Hye and then turned back to her brother before she nodded. “Okay.”

He smiled and patted softly on Min Jung’s shoulder. “Call me when she wakes up. I’ll come again tomorrow.” He took a last look into the room before he held Shin Hye’s hand in his and walked away.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye stepped out from the bathroom after taking her shower. She looked around the room, Min Ho was not there. She opened the door and made her way to the living room. Min Ho was sitting there on the couch, looking mindlessly at the violin painting hanging on the wall. He looked tired and troubled. She slowly walked towards him and took a seat beside him.

“Still worried about Hye Sun-sshi?” Shin Hye asked softly.

Min Ho turned to her before gently pulling her closer towards him, wrapped her small body with his arms. Shin Hye was now leaning against his chest, listening to his fast and strong heartbeat. He kissed her hair and inhaled the sweet scent of her shampoo. Her scent always worked like a drug to him, making him addicted to it.

“Hmmm… I’m worried.” He whispered.

Shin Hye sighed silently. “She told me about the incident that happened to her 5 years ago. I think she still couldn’t let go and her mother’s death must have caused her become like this. She lost everyone, including you.”

Min Ho was quite surprised that Hye Sun told her about the incident. He let out a long sigh again. “This wasn’t the first time she trying to kill herself. She tried before 5 years ago. And that’s why I bring her to US with me. But how many times I can bring her to run away like that? That was a mistake. I should have helped her to face the problem instead. Not helping her to run away.” 

Shin Hye nodded lightly. “I heard Min Jung said just now that the police couldn’t contact her father. She still has a father?”

“Yes. But he is hopeless. He is a gambling addict. Hye Sun has helped him to pay his debts for countless times. He didn’t give a to his family.” He said with an angry tone.

“Did her father know about what happened to Hye Sun-sshi 5 years ago?” Shin Hye asked carefully.

“No. Nobody knew about it except for me and now you. Hye Sun has a very strong personality. She wouldn’t let anybody know something like this even if it’s her family. If not because I bumped into her that night, things will be totally different now. She might have already killed herself. That’s why I’m quite surprised when you said she told you about it. I think she was panic and quite desperate when you told her that you wouldn’t let me go. She thought she couldn’t live without me but actually she was just afraid to be alone.” Min Ho said.

Shin Hye bit her lips as the picture of her father’s passed away crossed her mind. Although she was alright now but it still hurt so much. Her father was still care and worried about her even in his last breath. Is there really a father that doesn’t care about their children at all? She was startled when Min Ho suddenly pulled her away. They are now sitting facing each other with his hands caressing her cheeks.

“You really alright? Your face looked very pale.” Min Ho asked worriedly.

Shin Hye flashed him smile. “I’m okay. Maybe I’m exhausted by the practice before the competition. I just need more rest.”

Min Ho nodded. “It’s very late already. I’ll go to take a shower first. You don’t need to wait for me. You go to sleep first, okay.” He said as he pulled Shin Hye up with him.

“Uhh… You go ahead. I need to drink some water first.” Shin Hye said.

“Okay.” Min Ho let go of her hand and made his way to the room.

After Shin Hye heard him closing the door, she quickly take her phone on the coffee table and made a call.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Hi Secretary Joon. It’s me, Shin Hye. I need your help.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Shin Hye. You sure you want to go in alone? Let me go in with you. It’s dangerous. You should tell Min Ho about this. If he knows you hide all this behind him, he won’t be happy.” Secretary Joon said to Shin Hye in the car.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be okay. I just want to say something to him then I’ll go. And please don’t tell Min Ho oppa. I don’t want him to worry.” Shin Hye assured him with a warm smile.

“Who is that man inside there? Why do you want me to check everything about him? He is a hopeless gambling addict. If not because of her daughter, I think the loan shark already chopped him into pieces.” Secretary Joon said.

Shin Hye let out a helpless sigh. “It will be okay. Don’t worry.”

Secretary Joon sighed. “Okay. But if you need anything, I’ll be waiting for you outside here.”

Shin Hye nodded as she opened the car door and stepped out.

 

She was standing in front of Hye Sun’s house as she knocked softly on the door but was surprised that the door wasn’t locked. She slowly pushed the door opened and stepped in carefully. The house was very small and the furniture inside was very old. A lot of empty bottles, empty lunchbox and other rubbish were scattered on the table and floor.

“Who are you? What are you doing here?”

Shin Hye almost jumped when she heard a man’s voice behind her. She turned back and saw a man who was in his sixties, standing behind her, looking curiously at her. Shin Hye smiled and bowed at him politely.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Park Shin Hye. Are you Mr Goo Min Shik?” She asked.

That man narrowed his eyes at Shin Hye as he nodded his head slowly.

Shin Hye let out a sigh of relief. Is really him. “You are Goo Hye Sun’s father, right? I’m her friend. I’m here to look for you.”

Goo Min Shik chuckled. “Look for me? Wae? She doesn’t even want to have anything to deal with me. She already ran away from this house for 5 years already. She doesn’t care even if I die on the street. She hated me for being poor and can’t give her what she wants.”

“If she really doesn’t care for you, do you think your debts can be settled?” Shin Hye asked softly. “You owed 50 million won from the loan shark. If not because of Hye Sun, who do you think will settle the debts for you?”

Goo Min Shik widened his eyes in surprised. He thought the loan shark really give him more time to find the money. He didn’t know it was Hye Sun who pay the debts for him.

“Do you know what she sacrificed in order to get the money to pay your debts and pay for her mother’s surgery? If not because you took away the money she gave her mother earlier, she wouldn’t need to find the money for the surgery again. Because of you, because of her mother, she sacrificed someone she loves so much in exchange to settle all the problems.” Shin Hye continued.

“She ran away from this house not because you are poor. She ran away because she was hurt and wanted to leave this place that had carved a deep scar within her and took away her dignity, something that never heals.” I was 5 years ago. Shin Hye’s heart ached whenever she recalled the words that Hye Sun told her. “She was admitted in the hospital 2 days ago. She tried to kill herself.”

“What?!” Goo Min Shik asked in shocked. “How is she now?”

“Doctor suspected she is suffering from depression. She was hiding herself in her painful past and doesn’t want to let go of herself. Her life was hard and miserable. And most importantly she thought she lost everyone and nobody cares for her.” Shin Hye said as she took a step closer to Goo Min Shik and looked into his eyes. “She was wrong. She still have you. You are her father.”

Goo Min Shi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter