Coincidence

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just because you have a past with someone, doesn’t mean you should have a future with them…”

Kang So Ra was holding on to Shin Hye’s arm when they came back to Min Ho’s apartment. Shin Hye was looking around, checking whether Lee Min Jung is back or not.

“Stop looking already. Please stop worrying about that . Look at yourself. She was the one who make you become like this. She better come back when I’m still here. I’m going to teach her what is a real .” So Ra said in an angry tone as she helped Shin Hye to sits on the couch.

Shin Hye sighed and looked at her best friend. “Don’t say that. She is just angry because she feels like someone stole her brother. And it’s not her fault I became like this. You know me. I’m always clumsy when I’m in hurry. It’s just an accident.”

“Accident my foot! If she didn’t take your car then you wouldn’t take a taxi and won’t rush like crazy. If you are not rushing then you wouldn’t have this accident. I’m going to kill that Lee Min Ho.” So Ra almost shouted.

“But I’m fine. Please don’t tell Min Ho oppa about this. I don’t want him to fight with his sister again. He cares about his sister very much. It will break his heart.” Shin Hye plead.

“He cares about his sister then who care about you? You are his wife. A real wife. You gave him your first time and…” She stopped mid-sentence when she saw Shin Hye was now glaring at her.

“Yah! Kang So Ra. I shouldn’t have told you.” She said as her face was turning red now.

Before So Ra could protest, both of them were startled when Min Ho opened the door and rushed to the living room, looking extremely worried. He threw his briefcase at the side and quickly squatted in front of Shin Hye and his brows furrowed when he saw her ankle was wrapped with bandage. He gently caressed her ankle and looked up at Shin Hye.

“What happened? Why didn’t you call me? I almost have a heart attack when I saw So Ra’s message.” Min Ho said worriedly.

Shin Hye glared at So Ra briefly before turning back to Min Ho. “I’m alright. It’s just a minor ankle sprained. I know you have an important meeting today. I don’t want to disturb you.” She assured him with a warm smile.

“But how you sprained it?” He asked questionly.

“I just…”

“Thanks to your sister.” So Ra cut Shin Hye off.

Shin Hye glared at So Ra again.

“Min Jung? She did this?” Min Ho asked with his eyes widened.

“No, No. Don’t listen to So Ra. I was late for the meeting and I was running so I just fell down on the street. It’s my fault. I was careless. I’m sorry.” Shin Hye tried to assured him.

“Hmmm… maybe you would like to tell your husband why you were late.” So Ra cut in again.

Min Ho took a look at So Ra then to Shin Hye again. “You were driving yourself today and you supposed to park your car in the basement. How come you were walking on the street?”

“I…”

“Because she took a taxi instead of driving.” So Ra cut her off sarcastically.

“What? You took a taxi? But you told me you will be driving?” Min Ho raised his voice.

Shin Hye bit her lips and became speechless.

So Ra couldn’t stand it anymore. “Your lovely sister stole her car and my poor friend have to take a taxi. She was rushing and some idiot accidentally pushed her. Look at her leg. It was swollen like a pig leg now. Can you please take good care of your little sister and make her stay away from Shin Hye? She is too dangerous for her.”

“So Ra.” Shin Hye looking at her with a pleading gaze. She sighed before looking back at Min Ho. His face was now darken and looked angry. She touched his face gently. “I’m okay. Really.”

Min Ho took her hand, placed it on his lips and kissed it softly. “I’m sorry.” He whispered helplessly.

Shin Hye smiled as she shook her head. “It’s not anyone’s fault.”

So Ra chuckled. “You two love birds. I’m really speechless.” She stood up from the couch as she took her bag and made her way to the door. Before she opens the door she turned to Min Ho and sighed. “Your wife is a peacemaker. She won’t say a word even someone is torturing her behind your back. You should know your sister more than anybody. Today is only her ankle. What will happen tomorrow? I think you really need to do something. It’s only the beginning.”

“So Ra…” Shin Hye sighed. She knew So Ra is worried about her but she don’t want Min Ho to stuck in between her and his sister.

Min Ho stood up and turned to So Ra. “Thank you for bringing Shin Hye home. I’ll know what to do.”

So Ra shook her head. “You should thank the girl who sends her to my hospital.” She said before she opened the door and stepped out from the house.

Min Ho looked at Shin Hye in confusion. “What girl?”

“Yes. At that time my leg was so pain and I couldn’t even stand up. Luckily this girl helps me and sends me to So Ra’s hospital.” Shin Hye answered. “Ahh… I forgot to ask her number. I should call her personally to thank her or treat her for lunch or dinner. She was really kind. But I did ask her name.” Shin Hye tilted her head as she tried to recall the girl’s name. “Goo Hye Sun.”

Min Ho’s eyes widened in shocked. “What?”

“Goo Hye Sun. That girl’s name is Goo Hye Sun.” Shin Hye repeat. 

Min Ho felt a lump form in his throat when he heard the name Shin Hye just said.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“This amount of money is more than enough for you to settle all the problems you are facing now. You don’t have to hesitate.” He said.

She bit her lips, tried her very best to hold back the tears that was burning in her eyes. She swallowed hard before looked into his eyes. “Why do you hate me so much? I really love him.”

He laughed. “Don’t blame me. Blame your family background. Your father is a gambling addict and you have a brother who was locked up in jail. And not to mention your very ill mother. You need a lot of money for the hospital bill. I know you are a smart girl. You graduated from Stanford University with full scholarship, without anyone’s support. But your life was already tainted by your family.”

She chuckled sadly. He was right. Her life was already tainted by them. He was right; she needs a lot of money to take care of her mother. She had chronic kidney disease and need a permanent renal replacement therapy. And her father’s debt, she still has to pay for him. She looked at the cheque in front of her and took a deep breath before looking back at him.

“Even if I take the cheque now, do you think he will agree with the ridiculous marriage? I know him. He will not do what you instruct him to do. And he… loves me.” She said with an uncertain tone.

“You don’t need to worry. I have my way to make him agree with the marriage. As for you, do you really think he love you? Or he just feels pity for you? If you really believe that he love you, why is there uncertainty in your voice? Don’t waste your time and his time for a relationship that will not have a happy ending. Let him go and let him have a better future.” He said.

She let out a soft laugh. He doesn’t love me? After 5 years being together, he doesn’t love me? She sighed weakly before looking at him again.    

“Okay. I’ll take the money.” She said.

He smiled widely as he handed her the cheque. “Smart move. Keep your promise and disappear in his life as soon as possible.” He stood up from his chair, turned around to walk away but stopped when he heard her voice.

“Even if he doesn’t love me, he won’t love that girl also. No one could replace the one who has been staying in his heart for a long time. You are just creating another tragedy for that poor girl.” She said calmly.

----------

 

Another Business Marriage in South Korea. Lee Min Ho, the Heir of LST and the Billionaire Daughter, Park Shin Hye.

She looked at the newspaper cut that was dated few months back. She gently touched the photo on the newspaper and let out a weak sigh. It has been two weeks since she came back to Korea. She wanted to see him so badly but she doesn’t have the courage to do so. She forced herself to forget but 5 years wasn’t something that can just wipe off so easily. She doesn’t believe he have no feeling for her at all. It must have meant something after what they had been through together. She looked at the newspaper cut on her hand again.

 

“Have you called your husband? He will freak out you know.”

“Don’t disturb him. He has an important meeting today. I don’t want him to worry about me.”

“My name is Park Shin Hye. Nice to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter