Face Off

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A true relationship is someone who accepts your past, supports your present, loves you and encourages your future…”

                                                                                                                          

“Wae?” Park Shin Hye asked when Kang So Ra kept her gaze straight at her. So Ra let out a deep sigh as she looked at Shin Hye’s phone on the coffee table. The phone finally stopped ringing. 8 missed calls. As predicted, her phone’s turn to ring now. She sighed again.

“Are you trying to torture him or something because if you are, I have a better idea. Ignoring his calls like this will only lead him to run over here and break my door anytime soon.” So Ra said.

Shin Hye bit her lower lip and looked down. “I just need some time away from him. And he doesn’t know where you stay.”

“Some time away from him? For what? His ex-girlfriend is in Korea now. You don’t know what she will do next. Running off like this will only give her chance to come in between both of you. You know your husband. He can be very cold like an iceberg but when it comes to woman…” So Ra stopped in mid-sentence when Shin Hye was looking at her, waiting at her next word. She cleared before she continued. “I mean… when it comes to you, he looked just like a puppy.”

“Are you trying to say his heart will be softened when his ex-girlfriend come back to approach him?” Shin Hye asked in a worried tone.

“No! That’s not what I mean. He told you very clearly he doesn’t love her. He just felt sympathy for her. Actually I’m quite confused. Why are you so angry? I mean… he told you the truth, right? Is not like he was hiding it and meeting his ex-girlfriend behind your back. I was quite surprised he told you everything. That idiot is very honest and because of that he always got himself into a deep . I pity him.” So Ra said as she chuckled, it reminds her about the ity incident.

“I don’t know. I’m happy he told me everything about their past but they were sitting in front of each other in the coffee shop today. And he acted like he doesn’t know her and treated her like a total stranger. Don’t you think it’s kind of scary?” Shin Hye felt very uncomfortable whenever she recalled their meeting this afternoon.

----------

“Nice meeting you, Lee Min Ho-sshi.” Hye Sun looked at Min Ho with an embarrass smile.

Min Ho lifted his hand and shakes hers lightly. “Nice meeting you too.” He said very softly.

Shin Hye pulled him to sit in front of Hye Sun and she took a seat beside him. “Oppa, luckily Hye Sun-sshi was there when I sprained my leg that day. She even wasted so much time sending me to the hospital.”

Min Ho let out a weak smile before looking at Hye Sun. “Thank you for helping my wife.”

Hye Sun forced an awkward smile as she nodded. “It’s nothing. I’m just glad Shin Hye-sshi was fine.”

“Hye Sun-sshi, you mentioned just now you came back from US a while ago, right? So, you graduated from US too?” Shin Hye asked.

“Hmmm.” Hye Sun uttered as she stole a glance at Min Ho.

Min Ho shifted uncomfortably as he looked out the window.

“You graduated from which university?” Shin Hye asked again.

Hye Sun was a bit startled with the question and blinked her eyes several times. “Erm… Stanford.” She replied very softly.

“Really? Oppa, you graduated from Stanford also right? Have you seen Hye Sun-sshi before? Maybe both of you were in the same year or same course.” Shin Hye asked excitedly.

“I don’t think so. I’ve never seen her before.” Min Ho answered very quickly as he sighed. He then turned to Shin Hye. “Should we go now? I still have some work to do at home later.” he said impatiently.

Before Shin Hye could answer, Hye Sun took her handbag and looked at her. “I think I should go too. I have forgotten that I need to run some errands. And thank you for the coffee. Goodbye.” She said with a smile as she stood up of the chair.

“Hye Sun-sshi.” Shin Hye called out when Hye Sun was half running to the entrance. She tilted her head in confusion. “She seems really in a rush. I haven’t even got her number yet.”

Min Ho let out a sigh of relief. He smiled at Shin Hye and held onto her hand. “Let’s go to have our dinner now. Kaja.”

----------

“You mean you won’t be angry if he told you about her on the spot? I think it will be even awkward, right? And I’m sure he was surprised too when he saw her.” So Ra tried to analyse the situation to her best friend.

“I’m not angry… I’m just…”

“You are angry. If not why are you hiding yourself in my house? Lee Min Ho is a very bad influence to you. You were a very calm person and you don’t get angry. See what he did to you now.” So Ra cut her off as she shook her head. She walked over to Shin Hye and sit beside her. “You know Min Ho is head-over-heels in love with you. That ex-girlfriend was his past. He wasn’t lying. He was just afraid. You will do the same too if it’s you. If you meet your ex-boyfriend I’m sure you won’t dare to tell him too.”

Shin Hye pursed her lips. “I won’t lie and… I don’t have an ex-boyfriend.”

“That’s the problem. It’s already unfair from the beginning. He has a past but you don’t. It’s kind of unfair for him. He don’t get to make a comparison.” So Ra said.

Shin Hye narrowed her eyes at her. “I thought you were my best friend but why do I feel like you are slowly becoming his best friend?”

Before So Ra could argue, both of them were startled by the doorbell, that pressed by someone very impatient and urgent outside. She glared at Shin Hye. “I told you he will come running here and crash my door if you ignore his calls.”

Shin Hye was panicked. “But he doesn’t know where you stay.” She whispered

“Do you really think your husband is an idiot? He is the Managing Director of PLE Corporation. You think he don’t have any way to find out an address of a small potato like me? He can always check with Secretary Joon.” So Ra whispered back. She shook her head and let out a deep sigh. She stood up as she walked to the door. She chuckled at herself when she saw the person standing outside through the monitor.

So Ra opened the door and leaned against the doorframe. “Hi best friend.” She said with a sarcastic smile.

“Why didn’t you pick up my call? Why she didn’t pick up my call? Where is Shin Hye? Did she come here? Is she alright? Why are you so quiet? Yah! Answer my question.” Min Ho asked nervously and urgently.

So Ra looked at him in disbelief. “Yah! Lee Min Ho. Did you count how many questions you asked me in one shot? Which one should I answer first?”

Min Ho was still panting as he closed his eyes, trying to control his emotion. He asked Shin Hye to call him when she reached So Ra’s house but he had waited for an hour. She didn’t call and didn’t even answer his call. All these were really driving him crazy. He opened his eyes and looked at So Ra. “Where is she?

“Inside.”

“Is she alright?” He asked again.

“No.”

His brows furrowed and his face turned pale. “What are you doing here blocking my way? Let me in.”

“She said she needed some time away from you.” So Ra said sternly.

Min Ho bit his lips and looked at her helplessly. He mouthed silently at her. “Please.”

So Ra sighed. She stepped aside and let him to come in. After she closed the door, she found Shin Hye wasn’t in the living room.

“Where is she?” Min Ho asked. He looked at the hallway when So Ra pointed her finger at one of the room.

“I thought you learn from your previous lesson.” So Ra crossed her arms and smiled.

“I just don’t want to lie. I can just shut my mouth up and keep everything from her to save myself from all this but I want to be honest with her. I know she was angry because I didn’t tell her that girl she met was my ex-girlfriend but I just need a little time to prepare myself before I tell her everything. She will freak out if I told her right away when she first told me about… Hye Sun.” He just doesn’t understand why she was so mad.

“She wasn’t angry. She was shocked and confused and… scared. Although she didn’t say it out loud but come on. You have a history with that girl. Both of you have been together for 5 years. And most importantly, she was your first.” So Ra explained but couldn’t help to smile at the last part.

He just looked at her; his brows were creased, unable to say anything. “It was complicated.” Min Ho whispered helplessly.   

“Then you should settle that complication first before you come to her.” She said seriously. “We don’t know when she will appear in front of Shin Hye again. If she does, it will only complicate the situation. All these were still new for her. Even though she was a very kind-hearted person but she is still a woman. Just look at your reaction when you know Jong Suk likes her and they don’t even have anything. You had 5 years history with that girl. I know you said you don’t love her but it must have meant something, right?”

So Ra chuckled. “She is jealous. Although she don’t know about it yet but she is obviously very sour over the fact that the time that girl spent with you was so much longer than hers. You just threw her such a big bomb and she don’t even have the time to digest yet, and then you was like, ‘oh yeah, that beautiful girl we met just now was my ex-girlfriend and it up’.”

“Do you think she will be okay? Give her some time to cool down. And her semi-final is next week. She need time to practice too. She will be fine staying here. I’l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter