It's You

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I cry for the time that you were almost mine. I cry for the memories I’ve left behind. I cry for the pain, the lost, the old, and the new. I cry for the times that I thought I had you…”  

Song inserted in this chap: It's You by IU & Sung Shi Kyung (credit to owner)

 

2 years later…

A soft and soothing violin melody was played by a beautiful young lady in a garden, surrounding by a lot of children. Every one of them was fully concentrating on her and was immersed into the beautiful song. The song stopped when a little girl walked to the young lady and pulled her dress softly.

Park Shin Hye smiled sweetly at the little girl as she kneeled down and looked at her. “Seo Hyeon-ah, you need anything?” She asked as she the little girl’s hair gently.

“Eunnie, what is that you are holding and playing? Why is there music came out from the wooden thing when you pull the stick on it?” Seo Hyeon asked curiously.

Shin Hye let out a soft laugh before she brought the violin to her. “This is called a violin. It’s one kind of a music instrument. When I have time, I’ll come here more often and teach you how to play, okay?”

Seo Hyeon nodded her head fiercely as she smiled sweetly and her. Shin Hye laughed again before hugging her.

“Shin Hye-ah.”

She let go of Seo Hyeon and stood up when she heard someone called her from behind. She smiled at the woman who was walking towards her. “Sister Emily.” She called.

Sister Emily handed her a glass of water with a warm smile. “Shin Hye-ah. Thank you very much for taking your time to come here. The children were so happy.”

“It’s actually my pleasure for coming over here. They were the ones who bring a lot of happiness to me. I love seeing their happy and smiley face. They are so cute.” She said as a smile plastered on her face, looking at the children.    

“I’m really glad they brought you so much of happiness. We really appreciate you for doing the charity concerto to collect donation for our orphanage home. The money will definitely help the children a lot.” Sister Emily said.

Shin Hye smiled. “I hope we can help too. We are still in the midst of looking for sponsor. I hope we can get good news soon. Oppa is meeting few of them today.”

“I heard someone is talking about me.”

Shin Hye and Sister Emily turned around to the voice talking behind them. Shin Hye flashed him a smile. “Hae Jin oppa.”

Park Hae Jin walked towards them as he gave Sister Emily a polite hug. “Hi, Sister Emily.”

“Hae Jin-ah. You are here.” Sister Emily said with a warm smile. “I’m really sorry to make you come back to Korea all the way from US. I know you have a very good life over there but the orphanage home really need help. I have no choice but to call you. The owner of our main sponsor that has been supporting us for all these years has passed away 2 months ago. The business was now taken over by his son and he refused to continue to support us. Without their helps, we couldn’t even pay for this house monthly rental, utilities and all others commitments. Although we only have 25 children here but without their support, they will lose their home.” Sister Emily said sadly, looking at those children who were playing happily in the garden.

Hae Jin let out a sigh before patted on Sister Emily’s arm. “Don’t need to say sorry. I was one of them who was staying here and was taken care by you once. Here is my home and you are my family. No matter what happen, I will try my best to help you and the orphanage home. I’m glad you call me. I can help to find a new sponsor and we already plan to have a charity concerto to collect some donation. He said as he turned to Shin Hye briefly before turning back to Sister Emily. “You see. I even brought my best student from my music school come back to help. We should thank her for coming with me.”

Shin Hye laughed softly. “Don’t say that. I’m just glad I could do something to help the children.” She turned to the children as her smile slowly faded and a glimpse of sadness reflected in her eyes.

Hae Jin noticed that but as usual, he didn’t ask. He has known Shin Hye for the past one and the half year and this expression has always appeared on her face. He didn’t ask and dare not to ask.

“So, how were the sponsors you were meeting today? Any good news?” Shin Hye asked.

He sighed as he shook his head. “None. But I’ll be meeting another one tomorrow. Hopefully that one can give me a surprise.”

“Good luck.” Shin Hye smiled.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye came out from the bathroom after taking her shower. She started to rub her hair with a towel as she walked to the door when she heard someone knocking on it. She smiled warmly at the old maid who was holding a glass of milk.

“Agasshi, I made you a glass of hot milk. It will help you to sleep better at night.” The old maid passed the glass to Shin Hye.

She took over the milk and put it at her bedside table. “Thank you, ahjumma.” She turned back to the old maid who was looking at her worriedly. She smiled. “Don’t worry. I’m okay.”

“But last night when I passed by your room, I heard some noise. Is agasshi having a nightmare?” The old maid asked.

Shin Hye averted her gaze as she let out an awkward smile. “I think I just had a bad dream.”

The old maid nodded. “Agasshi…” She paused as she felt hesitated. “Tomorrow is the day that doryeonnim will come here. He normally will come around dinner time. Should we hide your luggage somewhere else? He doesn’t know you are back to Korea, right?” She asked carefully.

Shin Hye looked at the old maid as her lips parted but unable to say anything. She turned to the children violin that was placed on the wall rack. “No need. Sooner or later, he will know that I’m back.” She turned back to the old maid. “Just tell him everything if he asks.”

After the old maid went out of her room, she let out a long sigh before she walked towards the wall rack. She wasn’t looking at the violin. She was looking at the butterfly necklace that was hanging at the wall rack. She took the necklace and put it on her palm. She gently touched on the butterfly pendant as another sigh escaped her lips. “After 2 years, I’m holding you in my hands again.”

----------

Shin Hye looked at her father’s mansion for a long time after she got down from the taxi. It has been 2 years since she left Korea. And now, she was back to this place again. All the memories that had happened in this big mansion were still clear in her mind. Although 2 years had passed but for her, it felt like just happened yesterday.

“Agasshi.”

The old maid was the first person Shin Hye saw when she stepped into the house. She put her luggage at the side as she ran towards her and gave her a big hug. “Ahjumma, I miss you so much. How are you?”

“I’m good. How are you, agasshi? You still look the same but… happier.” The old maid said as she held Shin Hye’s hand tightly. “You must be very tired after so many hours in the flight. Let me bring your luggage to your room and you can rest for a while before dinner.” She said excitedly as she quickly took her luggage and heading towards the staircase.

Shin Hye slowly stepped into her room. She looked around with a smile. Everything was still the same.

“Although agasshi was not here, I always make sure it’s clean and everything was still the same. I know agasshi will sure come back one day.” The old maid said.

Shin Hye turned to the children violin on the wall rack. She walked towards it as her smile slowly faded when she saw something sparkle on the wall rack. She walked nearer and her eyes were widened in disbelief when she saw a familiar necklace hanging on the wall rack. The butterfly necklace. She turned to the old maid. “Ahjumma, who put the necklace here?”

The old maid looked at her with a sad gaze. “Doryeonnim put it here.” She sighed. “Agasshi, he came here every week. He will stay in your room for hours, just looking at that violin. He never misses a day in these 2 years. The necklace was hanged here for 2 years already. There were few times I saw him tearing just looking at it. After you have gone, he lost so much weight. Doryeonnim really miss agasshi very much.”

A pang of pain thudded in Shin Hye’s chest. She took a deep breath, tried to ease the pain away and tried hard to hold her tears. Why is it still so painful after so long? She asked silently.

----------

A loud ring that came from her phone shook her from her deep thoughts. Shin Hye hang the necklace back to the wall rack as she quickly walked to her bed and took her phone. She smiled as she saw the caller ID.

Shin Hye: Yoboseyo.

Caller: How are you?

Shin Hye laughed softly.

Shin Hye: Everything is fine. Hae Jin oppa and I were busy looking for new sponsor for the orphanage home these few days. But no good news yet.”

Caller: Hmmm.

Shin Hye: Why are you calling me at this hour? It was only 6am in US. Miss me already? I was just away for 1 week. And you know I will need to stay in Korea for 2 months.

Caller: I’m just worried about you. So… does he know that you are back to Korea?

Shin Hye tightened her gripped on the phone as she bit her lower lip when she heard the word he. She let out a sigh.

Shin Hye: No. I guess he don’t know yet. I have not even told So Ra and Jong Suk that I’m back.

Caller: You are not planning to see them? And him?

Shin Hye: I’ll call So Ra when I’m not that busy. I need some time to prepare myself.

Caller: Hmmm. I just hope everything is fine with you over there. Bear in mind, there is always something you cannot avoid even you want to. When the time comes, just face it bravely. Eo?

Shin Hye smiled.

Shin Hye: I wonder how I survive if I didn’t meet you 2 years ago. Thank you.

Caller: Don’t be silly. Just make sure you are okay and come back in one piece. Okay. It’s very late over your side. You better sleep now. Good night.

Shin Hye: Good night.

Shin Hye ended the call and put her phone at the bedside table. She took the glass of milk as she looked at it, remembered that he will make hot milk for her every night last time. She sighed before she started to drink the milk.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

The lights in the PLE Managing Director’s room were still on when Jin Se Yeon stepped out from the elevator. She slowly walked towards the room and opened the door softly. She smiled as she saw the handsome young man was still busy working on his large study table. She walked over the table and took a seat in front of him. As predicted, he didn’t notice her at all. She smiled again.

“Do you know there are only 24 hours in one day? I don’t think you can finish all your works in one day especially you are managing a big organization like this.” Se Yeon said, breaking the silence.

Lee Min Ho looked up when he heard her voice. He was slightly startled but chuckled at her. “You are here. I didn’t notice you came in.” He took down his spectacle as he used his fingers to massage the bridge of his nose. “I have to read all these contracts before I have a meeting with the client this week. How I wish there are 48 hours in one day.”

Se Yeon laughed softly. “Oppa, do you know what’s the time now? We supposed to have dinner with So Ra and Jong Suk tonight.”

Min Ho took a look at his watch and looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter