The Violin Girl

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your first love isn’t always the first person you kiss, or the first person you date. Your first love is the person you will always compare everyone to. The person that you will never truly get over, even when you’ve convinced yourself you’ve moved on…”

“I’ll tell you when you give me your answer.”

Lee Min Ho was looking mindlessly at his computer screen as his fingers up to his lips, deep in thought. He finally understands what is the meaning of torturing now. Since that day they celebrate Kang So Ra’s birthday, Shin Hye has been very quiet and was ignoring him. The excuse she gave him was she is very busy looking for song for the competition and has to start practicing. Today will be the last night they stay in Park Won’s mansion and tomorrow will be the last day of his leave. He was very sure Shin Hye was still angry at him because of the Truth or Dare game. But what he wasn’t sure is whether she was angry because he didn’t answer the last question or because he wasn’t a . Pabo Lee Min Ho. Why are you so honest? You should just lie and say you are a . How can you answer that in front of your wife? Do you like that if she told you she is not a . Just thinking about that already make him wanted to punch anyone who might date her before. And that boy she mentioned on that night. She said she will only tell him who that boy is when he gave her the answer. She is clearly trying to get back at him.

Min Ho sighed as he closed his eyes and massaged his temple. Shin Hye was very different from any other girl. She doesn’t show her emotion to anyone. Her biggest strength is hiding herself in her own world. No matter how he asks, he won’t get an answer from her. He flipped his eyes opened and looked at his watch. It’s already 7pm. They still haven’t had their dinner yet. He shut his laptop off and made his way to the music room next door.

Shin Hye was still playing the violin when Min Ho stepped into the room. He doesn’t know what song was that but the melody is very soft and soothing. His lips slowly curved into a smile as he mesmerized her face. Her eyes were closed and looked very relax and free. She looked exactly like an angel when she was playing her violin. The lovely smile on her face enough to drive any man in this world crazy for her.

After the song ended, Shin Hye opened her eyes slowly and was a bit startled when she saw Min Ho standing in front of her. The smile on her face faded. She turned around to put her violin back into the case, without looking or talking to Min Ho.

Min Ho sighed as he walked towards her. He can feel his heartbeat racing when Shin Hye looked at him. Her facial expression was calm but cold at the same time. He took a deep breath and asked her carefully. “Are you hungry? It’s dinner time already. I can cook some…”

“No need. I don’t have appetite. I already asked the maid to prepare some porridge for me.” She cut him off coldly.

“Shin Hye…” Before Min Ho could finish, she already stepped out from the room. He let out a long sigh and ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“The project in China is still under discussion. In order to start the project, we have to get approval from their government and…” Secretary Joon stopped mid-sentence when he saw Min Ho was not listening to him and just looking at his phone mindlessly. “Min Ho… Min Ho…”

He was awake from his deep thoughts and looked up at Secretary Joon. “Yes?”

Secretary Joon laughed softly. “I thought after a week off, you will be better. But you have been back to work for a week already. You were constantly spacing out and I bet you didn’t listen to what I just told you. Are you okay? I thought Shin Hye is getting better already.”

Min Ho looked at him and let out a long sigh. “Secretary Joon. You have been working for Shin Hye’s father for so long and I’m sure you know Shin Hye quite a long time too.”

“Yes. Mr Park was very busy with his work last time and Mrs Park was ill. So I’m the one who usually take care of Shin Hye. I’ll fetch her to school and pick her up from her music school to her mother’s hospital every day.” Secretary Joon said.

“Great. Since you have been taken care of her for so long, I’m sure you know a good way to make her happy and stop being angry, right?” Min Ho asked expectantly.

Secretary Joon widened his eyes. “You mean Shin Hye is angry… with you?”

Min Ho chuckled at himself. “Not angry but very angry. She has been ignoring me since…” he stopped mid-sentence and sighed again. Since that damn game. Kang So Ra! He took a deep breath to control his frustration and anger when he heard Secretary Joon laughed loudly at him.

“I’m sorry but Shin Hye is angry? I’ve never seen her angry. Not even once. You must have done something really bad.” Secretary Joon said, tried to stop his laughter. After a moment, Secretary Joon let out a warm smile and looked at Min Ho. “As far as I know about Shin Hye, she is a very kind and a soft person. She doesn’t usually get angry at anybody. If she is angry with you, this mean she really care about you. And I think it’s normal for a couple to have some fights right.”

“The problem is we didn’t fight. She just ignored me and don’t let me cross the wall she built in between us. I don’t even have the chance to apologize.” Min Ho said in frustration.

Secretary laughed again as he shook his head. Mr Park will be very happy looking at Min Ho’s expression now. He doesn’t understand at first why Park Won need him to check on Min Ho all these years and insist want him to become his son in-law. They were just kids 14 years ago and Min Ho doesn’t even remember about that incident. How can Park Won be so sure Min Ho will fall in love with Shin Hye? Now he can slowly understand. Park Won believe in fate that brought them two together. He believed and has confidence in Shin Hye. Who can resist that sweet and beautiful Shin Hye? Even the cold Lee Min Ho was now all crazy about her.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

It was already 8pm when Min Ho came back. He sighed when he saw the apartment was dark as he switched the lights on. She is not home again. Since he started work this week, every night Shin Hye will not be at home when he came back and will only be back very late. She said she needs to practice violin with her teacher. But until this late? He threw his briefcase on the couch annoyingly and took his phone from his coat. His patience was now totally run out and he couldn’t stand the cold shoulder she is giving him already.

Shin Hye: Yoboseyo.

Min Ho: Where are you?

Shin Hye was silent for a moment on the other side and Min Ho took a breath, trying to control his emotion.

Shin Hye: I’m having a drink with So Ra.

Min Ho: Where? I’ll come to fetch you.

Silent again. Min Ho raised his voice this time.

Min Ho: I ask you where?

Shin Hye: Somewhere.

Min Ho closed his eyes and clenched his jaw. If she is now in front of him, he will definitely pin her against the wall and kiss her senselessly. He sighed defeatedly.

Min Ho: Are you going to make me look for every coffee shop in Seoul because if you still ignoring me like this I think I will. Please tell me where you are. I’ll come to get you. Please.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye put her phone on the table after Min Ho ended the call. She looked up at So Ra who was sitting in front of her.

“How? He is coming now?” So Ra asked excitedly.

Shin Hye bit her lips and nodded. “Do you think it’s a bit too overly this time? I’ve been ignoring him since your birthday. And he sounds like he wants to kill me over the phone just now.” She said, feeling uneasy.

“Yah, Park Shin Hye. If we don’t push him like this, he will never find out he is actually in love with you. Let him have a taste of his own medicine. He was even colder when he first met you.” So Ra said.

Shin Hye sighed. “But he said he needs time and he will give me an answer. I shouldn’t force him like this.” She then looked down on her cup. “Maybe he still cannot forget his girlfriend.”

“That’s what pissed me off the most. Are you sure it’s not some kind of lie? What stupid girlfriend is that who can let her boyfriend married another woman? I don’t believe that.” So Ra said angrily.

Shin Hye smiled at her weakly as she recalled that night Min Ho brought her back to his parents’ home.  

Min Ho: “You want me to sacrifice and hurt the one I love just to save your company.”

Lee Soon Jae: “If that girl really loves you, she wouldn’t accept my money and leave you!”

Shin Hye sighed again. She wasn’t sure they still keep in touch or not but she was sure he had a girlfriend before marrying her. But she can’t blame him at all. Everything was started with an agreement. He was very honest to her from the beginning. She was the one who came out with that one year contract.

“Are you angry when he said he wasn’t a that night?”  

So Ra’s question shook her off from her deep thoughts. She looked at So Ra, don’t know how to answer her. Was she angry? She doesn’t know. But she wasn’t too comfortable with that answer. Does every girl wish to be their man’s first one? She doesn’t know either. But she wishes him to be her first and last one.

So Ra sighed. “I know you don’t like it when his answer was no but seriously, a handsome grown up man like him, if he told me he is a I’ll think he is a gay. It’s a tricky question and I’m sorry. That question just slipped out from my mouth. Don’t be angry because of that. The most important thing is you have to make sure that you will be his last one.”

Shin Hye let out a small lau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter