A New Life

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A baby is something you carry inside for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart till the day you die…”

Song inserted in this chap: My Dear by Park Shin Hye (credit to owner)

 

“I’m… pregnant.”

Lee Min Ho froze as soon as he heard the word pregnant. He looked at Park Shin Hye with his eyes widened in shocked.

Shin Hye felt her hands trembled when she saw her husband’s expression. She wasn’t sure it’s because of the pregnancy that caused her emotion become so unstable. Tears started to welled in her eyes. She bit her shaking lips as she looked into his eyes. “You don’t like children? You don’t want to be a father? You don’t want to have a baby with me? You don’t want…” She paused when Min Ho suddenly pulled her into a tight embrace. She can feel his heart was pounding so fast and hard against their chests.

Min Ho was panting very heavily and the unusual speed of his heartbeat was making him having trouble to breath. He was trying to rewind the word in his mind that Shin Hye just said a while ago. Pregnant. He wasn’t sure and couldn’t believe what he just heard. He pulled back slowly as he looked deep into her teary eyes.

“Can you please repeat what you just said?” he asked with a worried tone.

Shin Hye looked extremely puzzled. “I-I said… you don’t like…”

“No. Not this one. The one before this.” Min Ho cut her off.

“I’m pregnant?” Shin Hye repeated the words carefully.

Min Ho closed his eyes as he took a deep breath. He then flipped his eyes opened again and cupped her cheeks. He was smiling like an idiot now. “Oh my god. You are pregnant. Are you sure? How sure? So Ra is an obstetrician right. Have you seen her yet? Should I call her now?”

Shin Hye was now laughing looking at his reaction. “Oppa, please calm down, okay?”

“Calm down? How can I calm down? My wife is pregnant and I’m going to be a father.” He said excitedly but he was then startled when tears rolled down her cheeks. “Why are you crying?” He asked worriedly.

“Because you looked so shocked when I told you I’m pregnant just now. I thought you don’t like it.” She said as she wiped her tears away.

Min Ho tucked the strands of hair behind her ear. “I’m shocked because I’m too happy and don’t know how to react. I never thought of it at all. It was really a big surprise. But are you sure you really pregnant? Have you seen the doctor yet? Why you only tell me now?”

Shin Hye took the white stick that Min Ho still holding and looked at him in amusement. “Thermometer? Really? This is a pregnancy test kit. Can you see the two red lines here? One line is not pregnant, two lines is pregnant.” She explained to him. “Oppa, this is kind of basic knowledge. You nearly got me into a heart attack just now.” She chuckled as she shook her head.

Min Ho pouted his lips like a kid. He took the stick from her and studied it thoroughly and looked back at Shin Hye. “You sure this thingy are reliable?”

Shin Hye smiled. “I’ve already make an appointment to see So Ra tomorrow morning. It’s not 100% of course but I have been having morning sickness since I came back home.”

Min Ho nodded as he caressed her cheeks. “Even if this time is a mistake, I’ll make sure it will happen soon.” He smiled as he saw Shin Hye’s face turned red with blush. He leaned forward to kiss her but before that, he pulled back slightly. “Can I kiss you? Will I make you throw up again like just now?”

Shin Hye laughed out loudly before she pulled him over by his necktie and kissed him passionately.       

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” Kang So Ra was laughing so hard and loud, holding on her stomach. “Yah, Lee Min Ho. Thermometer? Seriously? Oh my god. You really made my day. How old are you again? I wonder how you lost your ity.” She was still laughing.

Min Ho bit his lips real hard, trying to control himself not to kill So Ra who was laughing annoyingly in front of him. “Can you just get over that ity thing? Are you sure you are a doctor because you don’t talk like one. And for god sake, this is a hospital and this is your working place. Can you at least be more professional? How can I trust you with my wife and my baby in your hands?” He turned to Shin Hye, who was also laughing softly. “Can we change to another doctor?” He asked his wife in frustration.

“I’m afraid not. I’m the only female obstetrician in this hospital. And with your overly-jealousy attitude, I’m sure you will break whoever hands who touch your lovely wife. Of course you can find other female obstetrician in another hospital but the sad truth is, although I annoyed you so much but you still trust me very much.” So Ra said in a very confident tone.

“Aishhh…” Min Ho scoffed annoyingly. Shin Hye and So Ra both laughed at his reaction.

So Ra flipped opened the file on her table and looked at them. “Okay. Put aside the joke. Let’s come back to the main topic. It’s true; Shin Hye is 6 weeks pregnant. Congratulation.” She announced with a big smile plastered on her face.

Shin Hye smiled as she put her hand on her flat stomach. She looked at Min Ho when his gripped on her hand tightened. He was smiling too.

“Morning sickness usually starts at about six weeks of pregnancy which is now and improves at between 14 weeks and 16 weeks. If you have pain, a fever or bleeding during your pregnancy, comes to see me immediately. These symptoms may mean you have something other than normal morning sickness. Do not simply take any medication except for those that prescribed by me.” So Ra explained professionally.

“Then what can I do to help her? Any food she has to eat and can’t eat?” Min Ho asked.

“I would say try to avoid raw food and alcohol of course. First three months will be quite tough and dangerous. So try to be extra careful.” So Ra replied in a serious tone but after that a naughty smile flashed on her face.  “Apart from what I have said just now, there is one more and also the most important one I need to let both of you know.” She looked at Shin Hye and then to Min Ho. She leaned her elbows on the table and smiled cheekily. “No rough .” She said very softly.

“So Ra.” Shin Hye glared at her as she felt her face burning. She stole a sideway glance at Min Ho who was looking to another side, avoiding their gaze.

Min Ho cleared his throat to break the awkwardness. He then looked back at So Ra as he blinked his eyes couple of times, trying to find his voice back. “Y-Yah, Kang So Ra. Do you think I’m some kind of animal? What… what rough ?”

So Ra burst out in another laughter again. “Lee Min Ho. You can’t blame me for worrying on this one. Look at your beautiful wife. I don’t think you can keep your hands off her. I didn’t say you can’t have but just not a rough one.” She looked at Min Ho with a meaningful gaze. “You know, the one that happened in your bathroom is a big NO.” She pursed her lips trying not to laugh.

“Yah, Kang So Ra.” Shin Hye glared at her again with her face totally turned red now. She regretted telling her everything.

Min Ho closed his eyes, took a deep breath, trying hard to control himself. He turned to Shin Hye again after a while. “Are you sure you don’t want to change to another doctor? This one is really getting on my nerves.”

Shin Hye let out a weak smile as she gave another death glare to So Ra, who was now laughing very hard.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

“Where are we going? I’ve been driving for an hour already.” Min Ho asked as he took a brief glance at Shin Hye besides him.

“Just keep going. The GPS will let you know when we reach our destination. I already set the address in there.” Shin Hye said with a smile.

“Are you sure you are okay to travel in the car for so long? Do you feel nausea or dizzy? Hungry? Toilet?” Min Ho asked, looking worried.

Shin Hye giggled at him as she touched her stomach softly. “Oppa, please relax, okay?” Since you know I’m pregnant, you have been very tension in everything. I’m fine. The morning sickness is lessened and I’m getting better. Its 10 weeks already now. So Ra said everything is normal.”

Min Ho let out a sigh before he stretched his hand over and grasped her hand tightly. “Do we really need to go this far just to celebrate my birthday? This place is too far away from the city. If anything happened, how can we reach the hospital on time?” He asked as his brows furrowed in worried.

Shin Hye shook her head with a soft laugh. “Oppa, I’m really fine.” She took his hand and put it on her stomach. “And our baby is fine too. This is your first birthday that you will be celebrating it with me. I just want us to be alone and far away from anybody.” She said. “But Min Jung doesn’t look happy when we went out this morning. Are you sure you asked her already and she is fine with it?”

“Of course she wasn’t happy with it. This is also the first year she wasn’t celebrating my birthday with me. All these years, she will be with me during my birthday even when I’m in US with Hye Sun. But don’t worry about her. She have to learn that her brother is no longer belongs to her only. I’m also a husband and a father-to-be.” Min Ho said proudly.

Shin Hye bit her lips lightly as she turned to Min Ho. “How does Hye Sun celebrate your birthday with you in the past few years? Was there anything memorable?” She asked softly.

Pabo Lee Min Ho. Although your wife is perfectly good but mentioning your ex-girlfriend on a day like this is totally an idiot. Min Ho stole a sideway glance at Shin Hye. “Hmmm… not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter