I Love You

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Real love is always fated. It has been arranged before time. It is the most meticulously prepared of coincidences… -Dody Haris”

Lee Min Ho’s lips curved into a wide smile as he was watching the video Kang So Ra sent to him. He felt very proud watching how his beautiful wife playing her violin confidently. That’s why he has no worries about Shin Hye not be able to qualify into next round. Although he was not there but he knew it will be more meaningful when he sees the surprise smile on Shin Hye’s face later. He closed his laptop and put it on the couch. He looked around the living hall and smiled. There were tons of heart-shaped balloons flowing on the ceiling and a large “Congratulation” banner hanging on the wall.

Min Ho shifted his gaze to the small box on the coffee table. He leaned over and took the box. He opened the box slowly. He knew he owe her his mother’s butterfly necklace. That necklace was supposed to be given to her but since he already gave it to that little girl, he hopes this necklace could somehow replace it.  

The next problem is how he should give this necklace to her. Wear it for her when she don’t realize and surprise her? Wear it for her when she was asleep? Or hide it somewhere that she will found it herself later? Min Ho let out a soft laugh. He has never been this nervous and care so much for a girl. What did Shin Hye do to him? He gently touched the pendant on the necklace and smiled. After a while, he stood up and made his way to Shin Hye’s room. He walked to the dressing table and put the box on it. He was still thinking he should put it on top like this or hide it in the drawer. He chuckled at himself before walking away. But then he stopped. He turned back and walked back to the dressing table. He took the box and then opened the first drawer. He put the box inside but before he closed it, something caught his eyes.

Min Ho narrowed his eyes at the silver chain that was placed neatly in an open box inside the drawer. He could feel his heart was thumping unnaturally fast as his trembling hand reached for the necklace. He slowly took the necklace out and he bit his lips, hard. It was his mother’s butterfly necklace. The one that he gave to the little violin girl he found crying in the hospital 14 years ago. He grabbed the necklace tightly in his palm as he closed his eyes.

 

----------

Park Won: “Slowly you will understand why among so many people I’ll choose you.”

----------

Min Ho: “I didn’t know you play violin.”

----------

So Ra: “Stay with her when the time comes. Give her strength to stay strong because only you can do that. Give her the courage to continue to live like how you gave her before.”    

----------

Min Ho: “They left you not because you are a bad person. It’s because both of them was a kind person and the god…”

Shin Hye: “And the god chose them to become an angel. Although they are not be by my side anymore, but they will always look at me and protect me from the heaven.”

----------

So Ra: “One day you will be surprise how fate brought two of you together.”

----------

Shin Hye: “Where is the butterfly necklace that your mother gave you?”

Min Ho: “I lost it.”

----------

Min Ho: “Is this violin yours?”

Shin Hye: “Yes. My eomma found a very famous luthier from Italy to specially make this violin for me.”

-----------

Min Ho: “Who is your first love?”

Shin Hye: “A boy that I met 14 years ago.” 

----------

Min Ho: “Who is that boy you met 14 years ago?”

Shin Hye: “I’ll tell you when you give me your answer.”

----------

 

Min Ho opened his eyes as his chest was going up and down breathing heavily. “She was that little girl I met in the hospital 14 years ago.” He said to himself softly.

Without waiting for another minute, he put the necklace in his pocket and rushed to his room. He took his jacket, wallet, phone, car key and quickly made his way to the door. He couldn’t wait any longer. He has to see Shin Hye now.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

“You are the violin girl.” Min Ho said.

Shin Hye tilted her head slightly as she tried to understand what he was talking about. She smiled at him. “Of course I’m the violin girl. If not, what am I doing here tonight?” She asked softly.

Min Ho took a deep breath before he took something out from his pocket. He held it tightly in his hand and raised it up to show Shin Hye.

Shin Hye’s eyes widened as she gasped in shocked when she saw Min Ho’s hand was holding the butterfly necklace. She felt her whole body started to tremble as she slowly looked up at Min Ho.

“I was the boy you were talking about that you met 14 years ago.” He said softly. “And you knew it all along. Am I right?”

Shin Hye looked at the necklace and she can feel her tears were forming in her eyes. She swallowed hard and balled up her hands into fists. She was trying to hide this from him but finally he found it himself. She slowly turned her gaze at Min Ho and nodded. His face was pale and his eyes were slightly red. She wasn’t sure he was angry or shocked. But she was very sure she is now trembling in fear.

“When?” He asked again. “When did you know it was me?”

She bit her shaking lips, trying her best to hold her tears from rolling down. “The first time I met you in the hotel.”

Min Ho looked at her in disbelief. “The first time we met in the hotel?” He narrowed his eyes at her and shook his head slowly. “But how? It has been 14 years already. And at that time we only met for a brief moment. We were still kids. How can you be so sure that the little boy was me when we met in the hotel?”

Shin Hye looked down at his left hand that was holding the butterfly necklace. She slowly held onto his hand and pulled his jacket’s sleeve slightly up. She gently caressed on the scar as she slowly looked into his eyes. “It might be a brief moment for you but everything you said to me, the way you looked at me and the warm smile you gave me were already enough to engraved in my heart forever.” She said softly as her tears were rolling down her cheeks. She pulled his hand up and her tears dropped onto his wrist. She touched the scar with her thumb before looking back at Min Ho again. “I recognized you straightaway when I saw this scar. The crescent moon scar on your wrist.”

Min Ho looked down on his wrist and then looked back at Shin Hye. “The what?”

“I was too sad at that moment and by the time I realized I haven’t asked your name, you were already gone, leaving only this necklace to me. The only thing I saw was this scar on your wrist. Don’t you think the shape of this scar looked like a crescent moon? From that day onwards, I always call you crescent-moon oppa in my heart.” Shin Hye said as she smiled, more tears rolled down her cheeks.

Her gaze slowly met Min Ho’s when she felt his hand caressed on her cheek and wiped her tears away. She bit her lips harder now, trying to stop herself from crying when she saw tears were also welling up in his eyes now.

“Do you know how dangerous it is to married a man based on a scar like this? So many men in this world who might also have the same scar like me.” Min Ho smiled as he continued to caress her wet cheeks.

Shin Hye let out a soft laugh. “Then I must be very lucky to found the right one.” She looked down at the butterfly necklace that Min Ho was still holding in his palm. She slowly took the necklace as another tear rolled down again. “You gave me this necklace and make me think of you for 14 years. You told me this butterfly could help me to send my love to my mother. But at the same time, this butterfly already helped you to steal my heart for you.” She said as she looked into Min Ho’s eyes.

She closed her eyes when Min Ho pulled her by her nape and swooped in for a kiss. She returned the kiss as her arms slowly wrapped around his waist. More tears rolled down her cheeks. She tightened her arms around him and she wanted to savour this moment that she have been waited for so long.

After a while, they pulled away slowly and looked at each other. Min Ho took the butterfly necklace from Shin Hye’s hand. He then gently brushed her hair over her right shoulder and wore it on her neck. He touched the butterfly pendant before looking at Shin Hye again. “I kept my promise to my mother. I g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter