Selfish or Love?

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PS: Before you read this, I would like to warn that this chapter contains sad contents which many might find disturbing or emotional. If you are not comfortable with it, please skip the chapter. Thank you.

“Anyone can give up; it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand that you fell apart, that’s true strength…”

“Min Ho. What happened? I received a call from So Ra saying Shin Hye was admitted. Is Shin Hye okay?” Lee Jong Suk was running as fast as he could and his heart almost stopped when he saw Lee Min Ho sitting outside the ward, buried his head onto his open palm. He sensed something was not good. He took a look at Lee Min Jung who was sitting few chairs away from Min Ho, looking terrified and tears was rolling uncontrollably on her face.

Min Ho slowly looked up at Jong Suk. “I don’t know. So Ra is checking on her now.” He took a deep breath. “She fell down and she was bleeding.” He said weakly as he closed his eyes and massaged his temple. The picture of the blood streaming down Shin Hye’s leg makes his chest tightened and hard to breath. His heart was hammering wildly inside.   

Jong Suk pursed his lips as he took a sit beside Min Ho and patted his arm softly. “She will be okay. So Ra won’t let anything happen to her.”

All three of them stood up at the same time when they saw So Ra opened the door. Her face looked serious and the gaze she gave Min Ho makes his body trembled.

So Ra let out a sigh before closing the door behind her. She walked to them and looked at Min Ho.

“How’s Shin Hye? How’s the baby?” Min Ho asked in a worried tone.

So Ra bit her lips. “They are okay… for now.”

Min Ho’s eyes widened and his breathing became heavier. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“I’ve done a scan on her and… we found a cyst in her uterus. The size is about 2cm and it looked solid. There is a risk that it’s not a cyst but a tumour. And this explained why she was having bleeding previously and now.” So Ra explained.

“Previously? You mean she was having bleeding before this? But she didn’t tell me.” Min Ho asked.

So Ra nodded. “She had a minor bleeding at her 12 weeks but at that time I couldn’t find anything abnormal during the ultrasound. Maybe the cyst size was too small at that time but it’s visible this time.” So Ra sighed again. “Having cyst during pregnancy is actually quite common and it doesn’t harm both the adult and baby. But what worries me is that a cyst doesn’t look solid and there is possibility a tumour that Shin Hye was having. As you know tumour can be benign and malignant, which mean cancerous. We already took some sample to test and we will know it by tomorrow morning. Although the test wouldn’t tell us whether it is benign or malignant yet but at least we can know it’s a cyst or a tumour.”

Min Ho face turned pale as he averted his gaze at Shin Hye’s room.

So Ra patted softly on his shoulder. “Don’t worry too much. Let’s wait for the report tomorrow. It might not be as bad as what I think.”

“Can I go in to see her now? Is she okay with the whole situation?” Min Ho asked worriedly.

“Yes you can. I explained everything to her and she looked calm. But you know her. She keeps everything in her heart.” So Ra said as she narrowed her eyes. “Stop looking like it’s the end of the world now. You will only make it worse if you show her your worried look like this. She needs our support. Arasso?”

Min Ho took a deep breath before he looked at So Ra. “Okay.”

So Ra nodded as she opened the door.

Shin Hye was lying on the bed when all of them stepped into the room. She flashed them a warm smile as Min Ho walked to her and took a seat by her bedside. His face contorted when he saw how pale she looked. He lifted his hand and caressed her cheeks. “Are you okay?” He asked in pain.

Shin Hye nodded softly and gave him a weak smile. “I’m okay. Our baby will be okay too. Don’t worry.”

Jong Suk and So Ra took a look at each other and sighed silently.

Min Jung was standing at the corner, far away from Shin Hye’s bed. She wanted to walk closer but she dares not to do so. She bit her lips, trying to hold her tears.

Shin Hye saw her and she looked at Min Ho again. She knew Min Ho must be blaming her for the incident in the house just now and Min Jung must be very scared. “Oppa, since I’ll be staying here for tonight, can you help me to get some stuff at home?” She asked, trying to find an excuse to ask him leave so she could talk to Min Jung.

“I can ask someone to get it for you. I want to stay here with you.” Min Ho said stubbornly.

“How can other people know where I put my stuff? You just need to make a ride back and come back after that. They will take care of me when you are away. Eo?” Shin Hye convinced him.

Min Ho sighed as he nodded. “Okay, I’ll come back as soon as I can.”

“Hmmm. But don’t speed. Drive carefully.” Shin Hye said with a sweet smile.

She turned to So Ra and Jong Suk after Min Ho was gone. “I’m alright. I already disturbed both of you for a long time tonight. So Ra, I’m sorry to call you back to the hospital so late. Jong Suk oppa, please help me to send her back, okay? Min Jung can take care of me while waiting for Min Ho oppa.”

Min Jung was looking at her in surprised but nodded her head when both So Ra and Jong Suk stared at her. So Ra walked over to Shin Hye. “I know you have something to talk to her. If not you won’t find an excuse to make Min Ho to leave. I’ll go back with Jong Suk first. Don’t worry too much and rest well tonight. I’ll come back tomorrow morning.”

Jong Suk gave her a warm smile before he stepped out from the room with So Ra. Shin Hye turned to Min Jung who was looking at her in fear. She let out a soft laugh. “Why are you standing there? Come here and take a seat.”

Min Jung looked down, unsure she should go near her or not.

“Can you help me to get a glass of water? I’m thirsty.” Shin Hye said, finding a way to make her come nearer.

Min Jung immediately walked to the bedside cabinet and poured a glass of water. She then gently helped Shin Hye to sit up as she took the glass and passed to her.

Shin Hye took a sip of the water and put it back at the side cabinet. She took a breath before looking at Min Jung.

“I’m sorry…”

Both of them said the same words at the same time. Shin Hye smiled. “You first.”

Tears started to roll down Min Jung’s cheeks. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to push you just now. It was my fault to pull the necklace and I didn’t think straight. I shouldn’t behave that way especially when you are pregnant. I almost kill you and the baby. I’m very sorry.”

Shin Hye held onto her hand. “I know. It’s just an accident. I didn’t blame you. And I’m alright. The baby is alright. It’s not even your fault.”

“No. The doctor said we have to wait for the report tomorrow. It might be a tumour that was in your uterus.” Min Jung said worriedly.

Shin Hye looked down at her stomach as she sighed. “But it has nothing to do with you. I will… we will be alright.” She said, trying to convince Min Jung and at the same time trying to convince herself. She looked up at Min Jung when she heard her crying harder now. “What happened? I told you I’m alright.”

Min Jung shook her head as she swallowed hard. “Why must she be my mother? I hate her so much for causing eomma death and stole away our appa. But now oppa was telling me that woman is my mother.”

Shin Hye felt her heart ached looking at her crying like this. She held Min Jung’s hand and gently placed on her stomach. “Can you feel the heartbeat? I don’t know how to explain to you but having a baby inside of you feel so amazing and magical. The bonding and the intense attachment that develops between the mother and the baby, that’s what makes the relationship special. That was how your mother felt too when she was having you in her stomach. No matter what happened in the past, it was the elder’s fault and the hatred or sadness shouldn’t pass it down to you or Min Ho oppa.” She wiped Min Jung’s tears away with her thumb. “I know it’s not easy to accept the truth. But if the truth can get you back a father and a mother, you should be grateful.”

Min Jung looked at her hand on Shin Hye’s stomach. She then looked up at Shin Hye. “I admit I did hate you when oppa was forced to married you but after I saw what you did for Hye Sun eunnie, I don’t hate you anymore. I know you are a good person but… but… I was too stubborn to admit it in front of you. Looking at you bleeding at home just now, I really feel so scared. I’m very sorry.” She said sincerely.

“Is that really so hard to accept your fault and make an apology?”

Both Shin Hye and Min Jung turned to the door when they heard Min Ho’s voice. He slowly made his way to Shin Hye and sit at the side of the bed. He put his hand on both of their hands. He turned to Min Jung as his other hand her head gently. “Don’t you think it’s happier and more peaceful to live together like this? All of us care for you. You are the one who was making it hard on us.”

Min Jung bit her lips and looked down. “I’m sorry.”

Min Ho let out a long sigh. “I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t have said those things just now. Alt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter