Sweetness of Love

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A little jealous is healthy in a relationship. It’s always good to know that someone is afraid to lose you…”

“Where is the butterfly necklace that your mother gave you?”

“I lost it.”

Park Shin Hye was sitting at the dressing table in front of the mirror and looked at the necklace hanging on her neck through the mirror. She was still wondering why did Min Ho lied about the necklace whereabouts. Or did he really forget about giving it to the little girl he met 14 years ago? If he really did forget about it, which mean he don’t even care about that little girl at all. Shin Hye sighed. Just thinking about it already makes her heart ache.

She looked at herself through the mirror again. Park Shin Hye, you shouldn’t be greedy. She should be grateful with what Min Ho has done for her today. She never thought he had a painful past and he was willing to share his story with her.

Shin Hye curved her lips into a soft smile. He said he likes her and willing to become her walking sleeping pill. That was the sweetest words she had ever heard before. But her smile faded slowly when she looked at the necklace. She touched on it softly and sighed. She then stretched her hands to the back of her neck and unbuckled the necklace. She took a last look on the necklace before she opened the dressing table’s drawer and placed the necklace inside.

“What are you doing there?”

Shin Hye jumped up from the chair and was startled by Min Ho who was standing at the doorway holding a glass of milk.

“I… I was just looking through my phone.” She lied as she quickly took the phone on the dressing table. She smiled awkwardly at him.

Min Ho chuckled as he walked towards her and pulled her out from the room.

Shin Hye was now sitting on Min Ho’s bed, drinking the milk while Min Ho was looking through some files at his study table. There must be a lot of works pending because of me. After she finished the milk, she slowly walked towards his table and stood there silently looking at him.

Min Ho looked up at her and asked, “Finished the milk already?”

Shin Hye nodded. “Are you sure taking a week off is okay? Secretary Joon was calling you non-stop the whole day. If you are busy you can go back to do your work tomorrow. I’m alright to stay at home alone. I can play my violin, I can listen to songs, I can read books or I can look for So Ra or Jong Suk oppa.”

Min Ho sighed when he heard the name that annoyed him. “You are right. There are a lot of works waiting for me to do in the office but I can still do it at home. I can still instruct them to do their work through the phone.” He said as he stood up and walked to Shin Hye. He gently her head and smiled. “I can be your audience when you play your violin, I can listen to songs with you, and I can do my work when you read books. I’m fine to go with you to look for So Ra” But not Lee Jong Suk.

Shin Hye smiled as she nodded. They were both startled when Shin Hye’s phone rang. She quickly walked to the bed and answered the phone.

Shin Hye: Yoboseyo.

Jong Suk: Yah! Park Shin Hye. Do you want to die?

Shin Hye bit her lips in confusion. She doesn’t understand why Jong Suk was shouting at her.

Jong Suk: If not because I called So Ra just now, I didn’t know you are trying to kill yourself with sleeping pill.

Shin Hye let out a smile.

Shin Hye: I’m not trying to kill myself. I’m just having some sleepless nights so I thought it could help me to sleep better.

Jong Suk: You thought?! And why you couldn’t sleep at night? Is that fake husband of yours torturing you?”

Shin Hye: Oppa, what are you talking about? Min Ho oppa…”

She stopped mid-sentence and looked up at Min Ho’s direction. He was looking at her but quickly averted his gaze when Shin Hye looked at him. Shin Hye continued, trying to lower her voice.

Shin Hye: He is very good to me.

Jong Suk: Are you sure? Are you sure he is good to you not because he want to get any advantage from you? Do you know you can actually end the contract now since your father already… I’m sorry.

Shin Hye bit her lips and she knew what Jong Suk was trying to say. He was right. They don’t really need to wait until a year for the contract to end. Since her father already passed away, they don’t need to act anymore. She turned to Min Ho, who was now working on his laptop. Is everything he told her today was real or just because he was pity for her? She doesn’t know and dare not to find out.

Jong Suk: Shin Hye… Shin Hye… I’m so sorry. Are you still there?

Shin Hye: Yes. Oppa, I know what you mean. But don’t worry about me. I’ll be okay. Eo?

Jong Suk: Hmmm… oh yeah. I know you might not be in the mood now but do you remember it’s So Ra’s birthday the day after tomorrow? She told me not to remind you but I guess a small little celebration for her maybe can cheer you up too. What you think?

Shin Hye: Oh my god. I almost forgot about it. Of course we have to celebrate for her. We did it every year. I’m okay.

Jong Suk: Great. We will decide later on the venue. I’ll call you again. Good night.

Shin Hye smiled as she nodded.

Shin Hye: Okay. I’ll wait for your call. Good night oppa.

Shin Hye put down her phone and turned to Min Ho. Should I ask him to join us for So Ra’s birthday? She smiled as she walked towards his table. But her smile slowly faded when she saw his expression. The warmth on his face was totally gone now.

“Who was that?” he asked in a cold tone.

“Jong Suk oppa.” Her voice quaked. She took a deep breath before continued. “He was just checking on me and he asked about So Ra…”

“Sleep now.” He cut her off as he stood up and walked to the switches and off the lights, leaving Shin Hye standing there in confusion. He made his way to the bed and threw himself on the bed.

Shin Hye was shocked with his sudden change of mood. She slowly walked to the bed and lay down. She carefully looked at her right side and found Min Ho was not facing her but turned his back to her. Shin Hye sighed silently as she closed her eyes.

After a while, Shin Hye opened her eyes again. She turned to Min Ho again and he was still facing the other side. She bit her lips in worried. She lifted her hand up, wanted to pat his arm but she stopped at mid-air. Her eyes wavered and don’t know what to do. She was very confused and don’t understand why he acted so cold towards her in a sudden.

Shin Hye gasped in shocked when Min Ho turned around and grasped on her hand. She was too deep in her thoughts and didn’t know her hand was still hanging mid-air. Her eyes widened when she saw Min Ho was now glaring at her.

“What are you doing with your hand hanging like this? Wanted to hit me?” Min Ho asked.

Shin Hye shook her head as she parted her lips slightly. She wanted to ask why he was angry but nothing came out. She just looked at him with her big eyes.

Min Ho let out a deep sighed. With her looking at him like this, all his anger was now disappeared. When he heard her conversation on the phone just now, he knew it was Lee Jong Suk. He doesn’t know why but his blood was boiling and wanted to throw her phone away.

“Why are you not sleeping and looking at me like this?” Min Ho asked again.

“Because I couldn’t sleep.” She bit her lower lip nervously. “Are you angry with me?” She asked very softly.

“Yes.” Min Ho said, still glaring at her.

Shin Hye looked at him worriedly. “What did I do?”

“I hate it when you talk to that annoying lawyer friend of yours.” Min Ho said through his gritted teeth.

“Meo?” Shin Hye was even more confused now. She let out a startled gasped when Min Ho suddenly pulled her over to him and their face was now only an inch apart.

Min Ho looked into her eyes and slowly shifted his gaze to her lips. “You heard me. Don’t make me repeat the second time.” He said dangerously as he touches her soft lips with his thumb.  

Shin Hye tried to steady her breathing but she felt like the world was spinning when Min Ho leaned forward and pressed his lips on hers. He nibbled and softly on her lower lip. She shut her eyes very tightly and she gripped tightly on his cloth. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter