Nightmares

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“True love comes only once a lifetime. It suddenly knocks on your heart so when the right love comes don’t ever let it go because true love is better than first love…”

It was already 4am when Lee Min Ho looked at his watch. He was still reading the documents that Secretary Joon passed to him after the wedding banquet. He closed his eyes and massaged his temples. His eyes flipped opened almost instantly when he heard Park Shin Hye’s voice. But she was not there. He stood up and slowly made his way to the bed. Shin Hye was laying on the bed with a thick comforter covered her small body. Min Ho moved closer to the bed and found her eyes were still closing. Then he realized she was actually talking in her sleep.

“Eomma… eomma… I’ll take care of appa… but…… appa, please don’t go… don’t leave me alone… appa…” Shin Hye moaned softly with a pained expression on her face.

Min Ho sits down on the bed beside her as he leaned down closer to her. He gently wiped the sweat off her forehead with his thumb. He is very sure she was having a nightmare now.

“Oppa… Oppa… will appa become an angel too?... Oppa…” Shin Hye continued to moan as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Oppa? Min Ho knew that her mother passed away fourteen years ago but didn’t know she have a brother? Or is that her boyfriend she is calling? Is that the guy that keeps staring at her the whole night during the wedding banquet? He doesn’t look please whenever his gaze locked on Min Ho. But it doesn’t make sense for her to agree with this marriage if she already has a boyfriend. He silently smiled at himself. Then is it make any sense for him to married her? Doesn’t he have a girlfriend too? Because of his father’s company, he has to sacrifice everything for him. And this girl in front of him. He was very curious why is she willing to give him everything just for him to stay with her for a year.

“I’ll give my most precious daughter to you now. Please love her and take good care of her. Be good to her. She worth your love and your heart. Slowly you will understand why among so many people I’ll choose you.”

He remembered what Park Won said to him during the wedding ceremony. What was that supposed to mean? There are so many top corporations’ heirs in South Korea. Why Park Won want to choose him? Everybody knew his father’s LST Corporation was facing a big problem. As a successful business man like Park Won, he wouldn’t do such an unprofitable business. There were so many questions that Min Ho couldn’t understand. He sighed and without knowing why, he gently caressed a worried furrow creased on her brow. He can feel her smooth skin against his fingers as he slowly down to her cheeks and wiped her tears away. Shin Hye’s face slowly relaxed and was now sleeping peacefully.  

When he found her in the emergency exit, sleeping on the stairs just now, he suddenly felt a pang in his heart. The calmness on her face and the sadness in her eyes, that reminds him of the little girl he met fourteen years ago. But he knew they are not the same person. He sighed again.

Do I hate her? Min Ho asked himself silently, looking at her sleeping face. No. He doesn’t hate her. What right does he have to hate a kind person like her? Both of them were the victims of their family business. The person he should hate was his father, who destroyed his mother’s and his happiness. And he can’t deny that he hate himself too for dragging Shin Hye into this mess with him.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Secretary Joon was waiting for Min Ho and Shin Hye at the hotel lobby 9am sharp the next day. When they reached in front of PLE building, Shin Hye was surprised when Min Ho held onto her hand to walk in together with him. Park Won already in the office when they reached and he was smiling widely seeing their entwined hands.

All of them were now being seated in the conference room, having a welcome introduction for their new Managing Director, Min Ho. He was standing in the center of the room, giving his speech to all the staffs. Shin Hye’s eyes were locked still at him, admiring his confidence and leadership ability. Her father was right. Min Ho will definitely be the best choice to manage the company for him. She turned to her father when she felt his hand patted softly on hers.

“Appa is very happy. This man in front will surely take very good care of you. Look at him. I have confident he will bring PLE and the staffs to a better future.” Park Won said.

Shin Hye smiled as she nodded. She agreed that Min Ho will surely make PLE even more successful but taking care of her? It just left 364 days as he reminds her last night.

 

“From now onwards, this room will belongs to you. I was already half retired all these while and everything was temporary managed by Secretary Joon. He was a very capable assistant and you can always ask for his advice and help when you need anything. He has been working for me more than 20 years already.” Park Won said to Min Ho when they were in his office room after the meeting.

Min Ho smiled slightly as he nodded respectfully. “Yes. He already helped me a lot by giving me very useful information before the meeting today. I will learn a lot from him. Please don’t worry.”

“Appa. Min Ho oppa will know what to do. With Secretary Joon helping him, you don’t need to worry. You were so tired yesterday and you came to the office so early today. You should go back to rest now. Let me accompany you to go home now. Eo?” Shin Hye said as she smiled sweetly at her father.

Park Won smiled and her head gently. “The doctor and nurse will accompany and take care of me. Your responsible now was not only my daughter but also Min Ho’s wife. You have to take care of your husband. Today was the first day after your wedding. You should stay close to your husband. I still dun get it why you all didn’t plan for any honeymoon vacation and start work so urgently.”

Shin Hye looked at Min Ho briefly before turning back to her father. “Appa. You know I don’t like going vacation. I rather stay here with you. And Min Ho oppa will be very busy with all the takeover works. We can always have another plan in the future. I’m going home with you now. Tonight onwards I won’t be staying with appa under the same roof anymore. What can I help if I stay here? I know nothing about business. I will only disturb Min Ho oppa.”

“Silly girl. Every woman has to leave their home and follow her husband. I cannot stay by your side forever. The one who will accompany you for the rest of your life is Min Ho.” Park Won said.

Min Ho sighed uncomfortably when he heard what Park Won just said. His heart felt uneasy when he saw Shin Hye looking at him, helpless.

“And you have to learn from Min Ho. I know you are not interested in doing business but you have to learn and assist Min Ho in the future. Don’t be silly. Appa is tired and need to sleep at home. I can’t accompany you even if you come home with me. You stay here with your husband. Okay? I’m going off now.” Park Won continued.

Shin Hye sighed and nodded in defeat. Min Ho bowed respectfully at Park Won as he made his way to the door. After he left, Min Ho turned to Shin Hye. “If you don’t want to stay here, I can ask the driver to fetch you home. If you want you can go shopping or go anywhere you want?”

“Home?” Shin Hye asked.

Min Ho averted his gazed as he cleared his throat. “I mean our home. Secretary Joon already arranged people to move all your belongings there yesterday. The apartment is very near to your father’s house. So you don’t need to worry. Every morning I will fetch you back to your father’s house first before I come to work.”

Our home. Shin Hye smiled when she heard that word coming out from Min Ho’s mouth. Although it’s not a forever home but at least in this one year, that was their home.

“Is alright. I don’t have anywhere to go. If you don’t mind I can stay here and I promise I won’t disturb you. I think it will be better for me to go back together with you tonight.” Shin Hye said softly, looking at him expectantly.

Min Ho felt it was hard to look away from her gaze when she was looking at him like that. He gathered all his energy and turned away from her, walking to the study table. “If you don’t mind being bored staying here, you can stay.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter