A Painful Past

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There are things that we don’t want to happen but we have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go…”

Park Shin Hye opened her eyes slowly with the sunlight seeping through the window warming her face. It took her a moment to adjust her vision to the light. But her eyes were now widened in shocked when her vision was restored completely. Is that Lee Min Ho’s sleeping face she was looking at now? Their face was only inches away and she can felt his warm breath fanning on her face. She tried to move but then she realized Min Ho’s arm was wrapped tightly around her waist. She bit her lips nervously as she closed her eyes and tried to recall back what happened last night. She remembered Min Ho found out about the sleeping pill last night. She broke down completely and was crying uncontrollably. But did he say he likes her? Shin Hye opened her eyes abruptly and looked at his peaceful sleeping face. Did he really say that? Is it because she looked vulnerable and he was just saying that out of pity? She doesn’t know. And he wants her to sleep with him in his room from now onwards. That’s why she was on his bed now. 

 

----------

“What are you doing standing there? Come in.” Min Ho said as he walked towards her, who was standing at the doorway of his room, looking at him.

Shin Hye looked down as Min Ho was now standing in front of her. Her heart was pounding very fast when he held her hand in his and pulled her into his room as he closed the door behind them. He pulled her over to his bed and seated her on it. He then squatted in front of her as his hand reached out to touch her cheek and caressed it gently.

“Did you eat anything for dinner?” Min Ho asked softly.

She nodded her head. “Jong Suk oppa brought me some porridge and I ate a bit.” She doesn’t know why but she sensed his expression changed a little when she mention about Jong Suk. She cleared to break the awkward silent. “He was around this area and he was worried that…”

“Hmmm… I know.” Min Ho cut her off before she could finish what she wanted to say. He was not interested anything about Lee Jung Suk especially when it has something to do with Shin Hye.

“Are you tired? Do you want to sleep now?” he continued to asked.

Shin Hye looked at him with her lips slightly parted. She wanted to tell him she is tired but afraid to close her eyes. “Are you sure I’m not disturbing you? I can sleep in my…”

“No. You are not disturbing me. You will disturb me more if you sleep alone in that room. I have to force myself to work until late at night to make sure you sleep peacefully without having any nightmare. Now that you are sleeping in my room, I don’t need to go into your room every night like a stalker.” Min Ho cut her off again. “Wait for me here.” He smiled as he stood up and walked to the door.

After 10 minutes, Min Ho came back into the room holding a glass of hot milk. He hand it over to Shin Hye and sits beside her on the bed. “I know it wouldn’t help you much but I think it will make you sleep better.”

Shin Hye was speechless and she can feel her tears were threatening to fall. She took a glance at him before she took a sip and then a bigger gulp of the milk.

Min Ho smiled widely when he saw her finished up the milk as he took the glass from her and put it on the bedside table. “Sleep now.” he said as he gently pushed her to the back and laid her flat on the bed. He pulled the comforter up to cover her. He gently brushed her hair away from her face and slowly leaned his head down, planted a soft kiss on her forehead. “Good night.” He whispered as he looked at Shin Hye with a smile.

Shin Hye was still stunned at what had just happened. Her gaze followed Min Ho who was now walking towards the switches and off all the lights, leaving only the dim light exuded from the small lamp on the bedside table. Her whole body tensed up when she felt Min Ho climbed up on his bed from the other side, laid down beside her. She began to breathe unevenly when she felt his warmth besides her. She abruptly turned to her right side when she heard Min Ho laughed. Her heart almost jumped out from her chest when her gaze met his. He was leaning so close to her and was looking straight at her. She held her breath and her body went stiff when Min Ho lifted his hand up to touch her cheek.

Min Ho smiled as he caressed her cheek very softly. This was the first time he shared the same bed with her but he don’t hate it. He like the feeling of having her so close to him. He like to breath in her sweet scent. He slowly trailed his fingers to the side of her eye. He caressed it softly with his thumb. “Don’t be afraid. I’m right here. Close your eyes.” He whispered softly.

Shin Hye immediately felt warm hearing his magic-like words. She nodded as she closed her eyes slowly.

----------

 

That’s how Shin Hye fell asleep last night. She doesn’t remember having any nightmare. She felt fresh and clear now. No headache no dizziness. And she didn’t take any sleeping pill last night. She looked at Min Ho as a small smile curved on her lips. He was my sleeping pill last night. She slowly lifted up her hand and her hand trembled slightly as she traced his eyes, the tip of his nose, his soft lips and his powerful jawline ever so gently that it was like the touch of a feather. This was the first time she looked at his face this close. His handsome features make her heart fluttered.

“Do you like what you see?”

Shin Hye gasped in shocked when Min Ho’s eyes flipped opened and looked steadily at her. She quickly pulled her hand from his face but he was faster. He held her hand firmly in his grasp, bringing her hand up to his lips and kissing it softly.

“Good morning.” He said in a hoarse voice. He smirked when he saw Shin Hye’s face turned red in blush.

“G-Good m-morning.” She stuttered, trying to fight her nervousness and embarrassment.

Min Ho laughed softly at her cute expression. “Did you sleep well last night? I think I had a good one. Someone didn’t cry and scream from her nightmare. I guess sleeping here with me worked very well.” He let go her hand and moved to her cheeks as he caressed it softly. “You looked better today. Less pale.”

Shin Hye looked away from him and her face was burning even more now. But then, her eyes suddenly widened and looked at him in shocked. She quickly pulled herself to a sitting position and turned to the clock. “Oh my god. It’s 9am already. Oppa, you are late to work.” Without waiting for him to response, she stood up urgently but her hand was pulled by Min Ho. She lost her balance and fell on top of him. Her eyes widened even bigger now, her cheeks flushing in deep red. She felt his arms wrapped around her waist and their lips were just an inch apart. She tried to pull away but he tightened his arms around her.

“I-I’m sorry.” Shin Hye apologized as she tried to even her breathing.

Min Ho chuckled softly. “Don’t need to feel sorry because I’m quite enjoy the feeling of you on top of me like this.” He was sure teasing her will be his new hobby from now on. He loves seeing her nervous and blushing face.

Shin Hye was dumbfounded for a moment with her lips parted slightly. She let out a startled gasped when Min Ho abruptly turned her over with her back laying on the bed and with him on top now. He looked deep into her eyes as his hand brushes a few strands of hair from her face.

“I’m taking a week off from work.” Min Ho said softly.

“A week off?” Shin Hye asked in surprised. But then she averted her gaze, knowing why he did that. “Because of me?” she asked again softly.

“You are the main reason and there are few places I would like you to go with me.” He replied.

Shin Hye turned her gaze back to him and looked at him questionly. “What place?”

Min Ho looked at her seriously before he answered. “Places that contained sad memories.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Min Ho stopped his car at a cemetery as he took the bouquet of white lily that they stopped by the flower shop to buy just now. He then turned to Shin Hye and smiled. “Let’s go.”

Shin Hye looked at the cemetery outside the car window and took a deep breath. She squeezed her own hands trying to stop herself from trembling. Although this wasn’t the same cemetery that her father’s funeral was held but it still scares her. She was startled when Min Ho opened the car door for her. She has no choice but to go down.

Min Ho sensed her body trembled as he held her hand in his. He looked at her and assured her with a warm smile.

They were now standing in front of a grave, no photo but were engraved with the name of “Song Eun Mi”. Min Ho leaned his body

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter