A Marriage Contract

The Temperature Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you know that tears are more special than smile? Why? Because you can give smile to anyone but you can only give your tears to someone who you can’t live without…”

“If both parties agree, this separation will come into effect immediately. Please sign on the separation papers in front of you.” Lee Jong Suk announced as he took a look at Park Shin Hye and then at Lee Min Ho.

Min Ho turned to Shin Hye who looked very calm as she took the pen and signed on the document. He closed his eyes, clenching his hands into fists, trying very hard to endure the pain inside his chest.

He sighed heavily. “Is this what you want? Is this what you want after what had happened between us this one year?”

Shin Hye turned to him, smiled. “Everything begins with a contract. This was what you requested. I just keep my promise.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

One year ago.

“Shin Hye-ah. Please don’t hate appa. This is the only thing I can do for you before I leave. I have to find someone reliable and have the ability to be the next heir of my company and take care of you. I’m sure this person would definitely capable on this and you will like him. ” Park Won said as he squeezed his daughter’s hand gently. They were in the car, on the way going to Lotte Hotel. He has invited Lee Soon Jae and his only son from the LST Corporation for dinner. Although it’s just a dinner gathering but deep in everyone’s heart, they knew it’s actually a blind date for their children.

LST Corporation was one of the top construction companies in South Korea but due to the wrong decision made by Lee Soon Jae in the latest investment, the company was now facing a serious downturn and financial crisis. Due to the company and also his health problem, his son, Lee Min Ho has no choice but to come back to South Korea to help his father. He just came back from US 3 months ago. However, in order to settle the company’s crisis, Park Won was the only chance they have now. He was the owner of PLE Corporation and also one of the top 10 richest men in South Korea. Lee Soon Jae knew that he was looking for a son in-law to take over the company because his only daughter has no experience and not interested in business. And everything was like fated when Park Won contacted him.

“Appa. I understand the situation now. As long as that person could help you on your business and you have more time to rest, I don’t care who he is. I just want appa to stay with me forever.” Shin Hye said softly with a warm smile.

“Haha… silly girl. How can appa stay with you forever? We all know very clearly about my condition now. I just want to make sure before I leave, I can find someone who love and take good care of my precious daughter.” He said as Shin Hye nodded. He let out a deep sigh. Shin Hye was a very kind and soft hearted person. She will never say no to anything. As long as other people are happy, she will agree with anything and say yes to anything. But also because of her personality, it worried him the most. She is too kind.

 

When they arrived at the hotel, Lee Soon Jae, his wife and his son already waiting for them. Shin Hye bowed at them politely before she took a seat in front of them. She stole a glance at the man in front of her while his father was busy talking with Lee Song Jae and his wife. His expression was cold and he didn’t look at any of them. His gaze was mindlessly locked in front of the glass. Shin Hye shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Lee Song Jae’s wife must have notice her uncomfortable.

“Mr Park. Why not we continue our chat at somewhere else and give more space to the young people? I’m sure our boring conversations make the children feel sleepy.” Mrs Lee said as she looked meaningfully at her husband.

Park Won took a look at his daughter and then to Min Ho. He let out a soft laugh and nodded. “Mrs Lee, I think you are right.” He turned to Shin Hye and asked, “You okay to stay here alone with Min Ho?”

Shin Hye looked up at Min Ho, who was now also looking at her. Her heart was pounding very fast as her eyes met his. She took a deep breath before nodded.

 

The room was dangerously quiet after Park Won, Lee Song Jae and his wife left. Shin Hye was looking down, trying to hold back her nervousness. She dares not to look at Min Ho because his gaze was painfully cold and scary.

But Min Ho was different. After his parents left, his gaze never left the girl in front of him. He wanted to use his eyes to understand and find out the answer. What was the reason that a girl like Park Shin Hye would need to get a husband through a blind date? She was undeniably beautiful. She has a pair of beautiful big brown eyes with long eye lashes, a small pointy nose and a pair of tiny pink lips. Her milky white and smooth skin and the way she smiles at her father just now make her looked exactly like an angel.  

“You agree with this arrangement?” Min Ho asked, breaking the silence.

Shin Hye was startled by his sudden question as she looked up at him. She can feel her body started to trembled when her eyes met his again. His gaze was deep and dangerous. She regretted looking up at him because when she take a clearer look at his face, she know she couldn’t take her eyes off him now. He looked very handsome. His eyes, his sharp and straight nose, his powerful jawline and his deep long dimple showed whenever he pressed his lips tight. His facial features looked perfect. But is that hatred she saw in his eyes?

“Why me?” Min Ho asked again, shook her off from her deep thoughts. He tried so hard to control his anger the whole night. He doesn’t understand. Why he have to betray his own life, his marriage just to save his father’s company? Is that the only choice they have now? Yes. Park Won and PLE Corporation was their only hope now. And the girl sitting right in front of him was the only choice he could take to save the company.  

Shin Hye took deep breath before she spoke. “My father said you are the most suitable candidate to manage the company for him and… take care of me.”

Min Ho clenched his jaw and closed his eyes, tried to even his own breathing. After a while, he flipped his eyes opened and looked at Shin Hye again. “If I agree with this marriage, what can I get?” he said with a low deep voice. The way he asked was like discussing a business deal with her.

Shin Hye smiled softly and asked. “What do you want?”

“I want to have full control on PLE Corporation’s cash flow. I might use the money to invest in another company.”

“I know nothing about business and the company operation. If we are married, you will automatically become the heir of my father’s company. You can do anything you like without the need to ask me.” Shin Hye said, very calmly.

Min Ho narrowed his eyes at her in disbelief. “Your father will agree with all this? He is the owner of PLE.”

Shin Hye looked down, her smile faded. She was trying to hold her tears when he mention about her father. “My dad is sick. The doctor said he won’t stay for long. The only thing I can do for him now is to get him a son in-law to take care of the company and me. I want him to leave without any regret and worries.” She bit her lips as she took another deep breath. Her world almost collapsed when she knew his father have lungs cancel final stage a month ago. The longest time he has was not more than 3 months. That was the reason why he needs to get her a husband so urgently.

Min Ho scoffed in disbelief. “Which mean I can own the whole PLE Corporation after marrying you?”

Shin Hye looked up at him. “Yes.”

“What make you think that I will agree with this?” he asked.

“I heard Secretary Joon said your company needed financial support urgently.” Shin Hye answered.

“And because of this reason, you think I’ll betray my marriage?” Min Ho scoffed again.

“It’s not a betrayal. I’ll try my best to become a good and responsible wife after we get married. I’ll do my best to make you happy, treat you well and you won’t regret in this marriage.” Shin Hye said, trying to convince him.

“I already have a girlfriend.” Min Ho said sternly.

Shin Hye’s eyes widened in shock. He already has a girlfriend? She didn’t expect this.

She silent for a moment before met his gaze again. “How about only one year?” Shin Hye asked expectantly.

Min Ho narrowed his eyes at her again. “What do you mean one year?”

“I’ll give you my money, my company in exchange for one year marriage. After one year, I’ll sign the divorce paper.” Shin Hye said. If her father was so sure he have the ability and capable enough to run his company, she willing to give him everything.

“Your money? Your company?” Min Ho asked again, in disbelief.

“I’m not a stingy person. Everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter