Surprise

Dark Paradise

I sat in our Inkigayo waiting room thinking if last weeks events were actually true. The more I thought about it, them, him the more i thought I had just imagined it all. I tried confirming the events with Dara unnie, but she drank a little too much that night which caused her to wake up with a terrible hangover and no recollection of the night. Everything seemed so vivid in my mind though:

“My name is Kris by the way.” he smiled a gummy smile before letting go of my face, and extending his hand towards me. Well I was never one to be rude, so it took his large hand in mine. I was expecting a small handshake, but he brought my hand up to his lips and pressed them against my skin tenderly. My first instinct was to retrieve my hand from his grasp, but he just held onto to it tighter.

With his other hand he seemed to wave away his entourage. As if some unspoken code was said between them they dispersed. One of the blondes completely left the bar room. The other blonde and and light brown haired guys stood blocking the entrance to the room. The red-head on the other hand went to the opposite side of the room and exchanged words with the bartender.

Kris sat on the stool next to me still holding my hand in his. We were sitting rather awkwardly with our right arms crossing over us, so he reluctantly let go of my right hand. I was glad to have my hand back. I really wanted to excuse myself and hide within the comfort of my YG family. However, for my disgrace, the exit was blocked, so I had no other choice but stay put in my stool.

He ordered himself a bottle of Ciroc and shot glasses. I began to stir in my seat because alcohol always seemed to bring out the worst in me. He looked at me mockingly and said, “no alcohol right?” To my great surprise he ordered me a margarita and winked at me. I saw him take three shots of the alcohol while we waited for my drink, but he seemed unphased by them.

“Why don’t you drink?” he asked rather curiously sliding a shot towards me. I stood from my stool and he looked surprised and angry at my sudden movement.

“I don’t think this is a good idea.” I finally spoke up finding my voice, “I can’t be seen with you or any guy for that matter.I’m sorry but you’ll have to excuse me. In my line of work doing something like this meant a death sentence from the public and my company.” What would happen to 2ne1 and our world tour if they found out the maknae was in a bar with strange men she didn’t even know! He measured me up and down before laughing. What was so funny?

“Sit down” he commanded grabbing my waist and placing me back in my stool. This guy was really into touching! Our stools now faced each other, and he put his hands on each side seemingly locking me into my seat with his arms. His face inched intimately and uncomfortably close to mine. He never broke eye contact with me.

“There is one thing you should know about me Minzy. I’m not seen or heard about unless I want it that way.” His icy voice hit me hard, and the menacing look in his eyes scared me.

The “OOh's” and shrieks of excitement and joy brought me back to the present. Our manager with the help of other staff members were bringing in bouquet after bouquet of flowers, nicely wrapped gifts, and meals that could feed everyone in SBS.

Our manager handed a bouquet to each of my unnies, and then directed the rest of the staff in my direction each were holding about two bouquets. Five of them came and dropped off what they were holding in front of me. Another three came and dropped off bags of gifts. The remaining three set up the food on the table at the corner of the room.

“What is this?” I asked shocked. I was amidst a garden of delicate roses of various colors, daffodils, and red tulips.

“I don't really know,” my manager responded. “SBS called me saying the lobby was full of fan gifts for 2ne1, but when i got there most of the stuff was addressed for you from a certain K.” he said pointing at me. K? No? Could it be that this K was Kris?

“Aigoo, Minzy has a rich fan, marry him!” Bom teased me.

“Omo! There is a note!” Dara exclaimed pointing at one of the boxes as she raced towards. My facial expression must have been amusing because everyone fell into a fit of laughter. “Minji-ah…”

“Alright girls” our manger cut her off. “ that’s enough of this. It’s showtime now. We’ll figure out what to do with all of this” he pointed to all of the gifts. “Don’t forget we leave for China in two days.”

♚♚♚

The whole way home I was just thinking about the gifts and K. All these questions and connections kept spinning through my head. My manager informed me that he had someone drop off our gifts at the dorm already.

I went into my room and sure enough all the flowers and gifts were spread throughout my room. I sat on the floor next to the gifts and began to open the nicely wrapped boxes. To my utter surprise there were nothing but brand named items in all the boxes. There were multiple Michael Kors watches and the latest fashion trends from brands like Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, and Ferragamo. These clothes, shoes, and accessories seemed to be taken right of the catwalks of Paris and Italy.

As I extended one of the beautiful dresses out a piece of paper fell out. It was a letter that confirmed K was Kris. In the letter he informed me that he would pick me up at the back gates of the apartment complex at 9:00 p.m. sharp. I looked at my wall clock it was 8:30. I quickly stood up and put all the gifts back in the boxes. Even if I had never been gifted by things as luxurious as these I couldn’t accept them.

For one I rarely knew the guy and secondly I had to put a stop to this. This whole situation was ludacris absolutely crazy. I decided to meet him, but only to return the gifts and end it all once and for all. I began to make trips down stairs with as much of the things I could hold at once. By my third trip down and the last batch of gifts I noticed an all black car horizontally  parked in front of me. Kris stood leaning against the passenger door arms crossed on his chest. He was dressed casually in an all black attire and a pair of aviator sunglasses, and yet he managed to look like a Greek god.

“What are you doing?” he questioned me removing his sunglasses and furrowing his eyebrows.

“I’m returning all this.” I stated.

“Why?” he chuckled and gave me a smirk.

“Like I’ve said before I can’t be seen with someone. My job doesn’t allow this, and frankly I don’t think these are appropriate gifts for someone you rarely know.” I stated pointing between Kris and I. The whole time he just looked at me bewildered, and that damn smirk never leaving his lips. “It will greatly affect my career. Not to mention-”

“Get in the car Minzy.” he interrupted and opened the passenger door.

“I already said no. I just came down to thank you for this gesture, but I can’t accept this. So, I’m returning it all, and please refrain from doing anything like this again. I hope you have a good night. I’ll be leaving now.” I bowed towards him and began to walk away, but he had no intention of letting me leave.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. His force caused my body  to collide up against his chest. His arms entangled themselves around my body as he looked down at me. The close proximity allowed me to appreciate this mans beauty even more. He was breathtakingly handsome. How can someone like this be interested in someone as ordinary as me?

“You’re a strange woman you know?” he stated. “It just makes me want you more.”

“S-stop.” I said trying to get out of his grip.

“I don’t think I can anymore.” he responded.

Afterword

I hope you guys enjoy this update. The story is just starting and the plot is just unraveling ;) Thank you for supporting th story thus far. Please comment, subscribe, share, and upvote the story. Also, have you all listened to Taeyang's Rise album? I LOVE IT! I just recently purchased it and it is a musical blessing to my ears. He was the reason I got into Kpop, so I will forever be grateful towards him.