Danger

Dark Paradise

The house was filled with unrecognizable people and blaring music. Now I knew why they celebrated my coming of age yesterday because today they would celebrate the youngest EXO members coming of age in a very boisterous way. I looked out from the “VIP” area, which was just a section of the living room heavily guarded, into the eclectic mob of strangers colliding with each other to the beat of the music. Thankfully no one recognized or frankly didn’t care that I was 2NE1’s maknae or they were all heavily intoxicated to know. All EXO members were in attendance today, but none were with me in the VIP area they were all dispersed around the party. I did see Sehun walk upstairs sloppily kissing some girl must be his present. I hadn’t congratulated either one of the guys, nor had I even seen Kai when he arrived. That guy was a real mystery to me.

It seemed everyone was having fun except for me. It almost seemed as if I was put into a daycare. I was dropped off here in this secluded area, and was watched over by some of their bodyguards.It was a bit scary seeing them stand all big with high caliber guns attached to their arms. They were given strict orders to follow me everywhere I went. If I needed to use the ladies room I was to ask permission. I really hated it, but it was nearly impossible to get away from them!

“Yah! Superstar!” an intoxicated Luhan stood in between two of the bodyguards pointing at me.

“Yes?” I questioned the wobbling man.

“Why did you dress up if you're just going to sit there?! We both know you can move better than any of these girls.” he said while attempting to shake his hips resulting in a very comical scene. After I laughed he pouted as if he was offended. “Let’s dance superstar. Come on I like this song.” he took my by the hand as we began to move to the dance floor.

“Sir,” one of the guarding men blocked our exit “we have strict orders to not let her out of here.” I sighed and was ready to walk back to my seat if Luhan didn’t grip my hand tighter.

“Yah.” Luhan glared at the man. “Get outta my way.”

“But sir…”

“Move!” Luhan yelled at him, and the man followed orders to which Luhan smiled cheerfully at his triumph before turning to wink at me. “I’ll deal with Yifan later.”

It was a whole new world outside the VIP area. This party put all the YG parties to shame! The place was filled with so much ethnicities and the vibe in general was on another level.

“Show us what you got, Superstar.” Luhan grinned. The music began to take over me. My hips began to sway to the beat, and I felt my long locks brush against my back as I moved.

Luhan excused himself to get us some drinks for the second time. I was already feeling the buzz from the first drink this wasn’t good. Alcohol and I don’t mix too well. I stayed on the dancefloor dancing to the rhythm by myself. I didn’t care as long as I wasn’t in that godforsaken daycare Yifan left me in.

I was too consumed in the music that I didn’t notice hands sat atop my hips, and a body was pressed up against my back. I turned my head a little startled with the daring stranger. “Hello beautiful.” the handsome stranger whispered against my ear.

“What the are you doing?!” the indistinguishable voice of Wu Yifan wrang like a fire alarm. I turned to look at the trembling man glaring at us. I quickly removed the strangers hands from me, and I was soon yanked to stand behind Yifan, as one of his arms protectively shielded me.

“Awww come on now little brother didn’t father teach us sharing is caring?” the stranger smirked a really evil smirk that caused goosebumps to form on my skin.

“You have no business here Sunny. Leave.” Yifan warned. I noticed that the dancefloor had been pretty muched cleared except for a few expectators, and the music volume had been lowered. It was as if all guests present knew something serious was about to happen.

“Hmm I just wanted to visit. I haven’t seen you in years.” he pouted mockingly. “I got word you were in Korea. I was here for business just thought I’d stop by. Plus a little someone in a tight black dress caught my attention. Why are you hiding her? Is she of importance to you? Hello beautiful.” He said peering around Yifan to look at me. Yifan brusquely pushed him away from us.

“You ing touch her again, and I swear I’ll blow your brains out.” Yifan threatened as he held him by the collar. His whole frame was shaking from anger.

“You’re still just a helpless little boy. A charity case.” Sunny scoffed as he pushed Yifan off of him. “She looks like she needs a real man. I’d be more than happy to show you a great time.” he winked at me. Yifan waited no longer as he threw a powerful punch towards Sunny causing him to stumble backwards. Before he could cause anymore damage Suho and Luhan grabbed ahold of him. “Stronger. I admit that.” Sunny said wiping the trailing blood around his busted lip.

“Sunny let’s go.” a tanned man came up behind Sunny pulling him towards the exit. “We’re outnumbered here. You said you wouldn’t cause any trouble.” he seemed to whisper, but I heard him loud and clear.

“Get off of me.” Sunny brushed the man’s arms off of him. “I’ll see you around little brother.” he grinned that evil smile before leaving the room. When he was out of sight Yifan was let loose.

“What were you thinking?!” his anger was now directed towards me as he grabbed ahold of me by both arms. “And you three incompetent bastards.” he turned to face the bodyguards that were my babysitters.

“Sir…” one of them began with a terrified look on his face, but he had no time to finish. Yifan pulled out a handgun from his waistband.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Three shots were fired directly at the heads of the bodyguards before they lay lifeless on the floor. I screamed in utter shock at the preceding events. What was happening? The room began spinning to me. My body would have hit the floor if it wasn’t for a pair of strong arms that held me up. I tried to see the face of the man, but my vision went from black to blurry to black constantly.

“Yah!” I heard Luhan complain.

“Shut up Luhan!” Yifan screamed “I know it was you! You’re always going against my orders!”

“Yifan calm down.” I heard Suho try to cajole him.

“Let go of her Kai!” Kai? Ah we finally meet mystery man Kai, and what a way. I still couldn’t put a face to the name. I felt my body yanked from the arms into the recognizable ones of Yifan. “We’re leaving now.” he announced to the room.

“Where are you going?”

“You can’t take her like that. She’s in shock.”

“Get back here.”

I heard all of the EXO members scream behind us, as Yifan led the way out pulling me behind him with an arm.

“Get in.” he ordered as we stood in the passenger seat of his all black car.

“No.” I defied as tears rolled down my cheeks. This fairytale bubble I was living in had to burst eventually right? I mean what did I expect being with a criminal mastermind. “Get in!” he demanded. “I don’t want to be near you!” I countered his desire. He wasn’t about to argue because he forcefully put me into the passenger despite my kicking and screaming. As he walked towards the driver side I took it as my opportunity to run. I quickly opened the passenger door and made a run for the forest behind the house forgetting my heels in the process I ran barefoot for my life. I heard him scream profanities as I fastened my pace away from that monster. I heard him scream in Mandarin before I was too far away to hear anymore.

The darkness the woods surrounded me. My feet hurt from stepping on rocks and branches. I was sure that the soles of my feet were bleeding, not to mention my arms and legs from the whiplash of the branches. I stopped to catch my breath by a giant tree. I could see the city lights ahead. They were my goal once I got there I would be safe. I took one deep breath before I began to make my way to it, but all of a sudden I saw headlights begin to shine through the trees. They had found me. Just run. Run as fast as you can. You’re almost there Minzy. My inner voice repeated as the car engines got louder and headlights brighter. I took one step out from behind the tree and ran to the city lights. I heard screeches and changing of directions they had spotted me. My path was soon enlightened by headlights they were right behind me now.

I halted all of the sudden I was at the edge of a cliff. “No, no, no, NO!” I screamed completely defeated. I turned a half circle of cars were now surrounding me. I had two choices now jump of the edge to my death, or face whatever was coming for me. Men began to walk towards me and I was soon entrapped in the arms of one of the bodyguards. I kicked and screamed trying to free myself from him. A dark shadow soon appeared from behind the cars.

“Oh Minzy, Minzy, Minzy-ah” The dark shadow taunted as it walked towards me. Just by his voice my heart began to race in panic and something else that I refused to acknowledge. “Do you want to die?” he asked now standing before me. I looked up at him, but his question wasn’t directed towards me. Yifan was glaring at the guard that was holding on to me. To no surprise the guard let me go instantly.

He wasted no time and directed his attention back to me. He took my left arm in his hand, his grip on my arm became nearly bone crushing. “You don’t understand do you?” He looked me in the eyes. His eyes were menacing no sign of him being coherent,but a wave of anger and frustration washed over them.

“You can try and run and hide from me, but you see the world is mine.” He moved from in front of me so I could see the bright city lights as he extended his arm outwards towards the city before he blocked my view again with his body. He brought his other hand up to my face and caressed it. “I’m going to find you wherever you try to hide, and the more you run the more people will get hurt along the way you understand?” He pecked my lips. With his eyes closed and a frustrated tone he said, “I don’t want to hurt the people you love...” When he opened his eyes there was sincerity in them, he took the back of my neck and pulled me towards his lips as he began to kiss me passionately his grip on my arm never leaving us. I wasn’t responding the way he wanted because he let me go and sighed in deep frustration. His eyes were evil again. “But I will if I have too. So, you better start playing nice with me. or you’ll see just how mean and ed up I can be!”

His loud booming voice resonated through the grounds. I yelped as his grip on my arm became unbearingly painful. I would surely bruise from it. He dragged me to his all black Bentley and forcefully pushed me into the passenger seat. One of his guards blocked the door as he made his way to the driver’s seat. There was no escaping anymore. I had angered him, and I was going to pay.