Followed

Dark Paradise

It was half past midnight when I felt the bed get lighter on his side the first time. I feigned sleep as I sensed him leaving the room only to open my eyes to see him closing the room door with the utmost care as to not awaken me. He returned in the late hours of the morning. This began to become a reoccuring thing for a little over a week. I wanted to know what he was doing, and where he was going. Every night I wanted to follow after him, but every night I would stay in bed because I was afraid. Afraid that I would follow him and witness a new side of him that I no longer wished to associate him with, so I stayed put. I’d stare into the darkness of the room just waiting for his return, but never knowing where he went and how he spent that time.

♚♚♚

My body collapsed atop of his, and our uneven breathing was in sync. I slowly rolled off of him to lay on the other side of the bed. He pulled me closer so that his bare chest was up against my , and I let myself melt into his body. He began to run his fingers along my stomach as if playing the piano with one hand. I loved the way our bodies perfectly coincided with each others, but there was one thing on my mind that I needed answers to.

“Why do you leave?” I finally asked not looking at him.

“What do you mean?” he nuzzled his head into my shoulder.

“You’ve been doing it for about a week now that I’ve noticed. You get up and leave in the middle of the night, and later return. Why? Where do you go?” I felt his body tense up behind me before it relaxed again. My premonitions were true. He left because he was doing something he didn’t want me to know about. “Are you going to be keeping me in the dark again?” I swear I sounded like a nagging girlfriend demanding answers, but I hated not knowing.

“Look at me.” he sighed untangling his arm from me, so that I could turn to face him. “When business calls I can’t ignore you know that very well."

"What's going on?"

"Ah nothing really it has already been dealt with anyways."

"Tell me." I said,but it came out more like a question. He looked a bit annoyed, but nevertheless he told me.

"Some guy was caught trying to sell some of our information to Sunny’s side, and he was caught stealing merchandise from us too. I like to deal with traitors myself especially if the information he was going to give out was about you. Why so curious anyway? You plan on taking over the business one day?” he smirked. "Wouldn’t be such a bad idea though to teach you some stuff. At least how to use a gun. I bet you've never even held one." He began teasing, but my mind was all over the place after he shared this new information.

"What exactly was he saying to Sunny?"

"He didn't say anything. He was caught when he was still setting a price for the information. He won't be saying anything anymore anyways. I cut out his tongue the first night, and..."

"Stop!I don't want to know." I cut him off. The venom and glee in his eyes when when he began speaking of what happened was bone-chilling. “I shouldn’t have asked.” I turned away from him again. “Let's just go to sleep.” I had trouble sleeping. Thoughts kept running through my head like did this whole thing make sense. The more I told myself “no” the more I tried to find logic as to why it was right. I mean he did the things he did to defend my safe being right? If that man wasn’t caught what exactly would have happened to me?

♚♚♚

I felt a strong hand begin to trace patterns across my back and stomach. “Good morning to you too.” I giggled as I turned to face him. Hints of the sun just barely escaping through the curtains. He greeted me with a sleek smile running one hand through my messy hair.

“Good morning beautiful.” he bent his head down and kissed my shoulder. “Mmm you smell good.”

“Oh my gosh you creep. Get away from me.” I giggled as I pushed his shoulder away from me causing him to laugh. “What you seemed to really enjoy it last night.” he commented. “Oh my gosh stop it!” I pulled the covers over my face to hide the embarrassment. It must have been really comical because he laughed more. “Yah. Stop laughing at me.” I uncovered my face to give him a death glare.

“Mmm it’s a lot more fun when you’re feisty.” he winked as he lifted himself above me. “Oh my gosh! I’m gonna go take a shower before you try anything else.” I said pushing him off me with a devious smile playing on my lips. “I just might join you.” he said as I walked into the restroom purposely letting the blankets fall off my body so he could see. “You tease!” he yelled as I turned the water on.

♚♚♚

“Wow you did a good job covering that bright Ronald McDonald hair yours, Superstar.”

“Look Byun Baekhyun you better stop right there while I’m being nice or I’ll have to smack some sense into that hollow head of yours.” I teased raising my and in the air causing “oohs” and “damns” from the spectating men in the living room.

“So you and Yifan going out on your “normal” date today?” Stephanie asked removing Chanyeol’s long legs from the coffee table before settling herself beside him, and he extended his arm around her frame. They just about made one of the cutest couples I had ever seen. The night he asked her out was quite comical, and still a vivid memory. He barged into the dining room while we ate, stood directly in front of her one hand on his waist the other pointing at her, and then he blurted, “Let’s date!” Little did he know she had just taken a spoonful of soup into , and his confession startled her, so her soup exploded out of and all over him. The room fell silent as we all watched the scene unfold before us. A disappointed, embarrassed, and soaked Chanyeol exited the room like a dog with it’s tail between it’s legs, but everything got sorted between the two and here they were now.

“It’s a good disguise Minji. No one will be able to tell you’re 2NE1’s maknae.” she smiled giving two thumbs up in approval. I sure hoped so. I put on my usual disguise when I wanted to go out unnoticed I just added bigger sunglasses and hat, and a wig so I could ensure no one saw me out and about with Yifan. We would have a normal date today walking around the city like an other couple would on a normal day. Soon Yifan himself came out with his own disguise. No fancy suit or flashy accessories to adorn him just some plain ripped jeans a long elbow sleeved white shirt to cover his tattoos, some Ray Ban sunglasses, a beanie, and a clothed surgical mask.

“Ugh you couples make me sick.”

“Quit being so sour Baekhyun.” Stephanie said. “Maybe you should try finding a good girl to keep your bitter self company.”

“Nah, I’m good it’s hard finding girls like you that are already in the business, and are okay with what I do. And it’s very hard and complicated to keep a relationship with someone like Superstar, but I mean if you’re close to any one of those SNSD girls I wouldn’t mind.” he smirked directing his request to me which I scoffed to. This guy seriously had no shame.

“You ready?” Yifan asked to which I smiled in response. “I can hardly see you with those fly glasses on.” he laughed

“Hey! Looks who is talking. I can’t see any of you.” I teased back as we walked out of the house, and boarded into his black Bentley.

“You wanted normal. This is the best I could do, and I can’t promise we can do this often, so you better enjoy this.” he said as he drove the car towards the highway that would take us to Hongdae

“I know.” I replied. “And I want you to know I appreciate it.”

He parked his car a little further away from the busy streets, so as not to seem suspicious to the crowd. His bodyguards parked around his car, and other places. I was happy to see them in casual clothing, so they wouldn't stick out in the crowd. They gave Yifan an earpiece, so that they could communicate with him at any time.

When we finally arrived to the busy streets of Hongdae it felt like we were any other normal couple. We held hands as we walked through crowds of people, we ate delicious street food, we shopped at little local shops, we even went to watch the latest movie together. Everything seemed to be going perfect  until he said, "We're being followed."

"What?" I asked him. He began walking a little further behind to make it seem like we were not together.

"Don't look back at me." He instructed. "I'm going to make the next right turn into the alley up ahead. I want you to go into that home decor store up ahead. Nod if you can see it." I looked ahead, and saw the little store at the end of the row, so I nodded. "Good girl. Okay go in and do your best to get rid of them” Wait! What? Me? “If you can’t try inviting them to the small house, and later come to the big house. I’ll be waiting till four. If you don’t come by then I’ll leave. I’m still going to have people around you so don’t get scared. I’m turning now.” Right he had okayed me to bring the girls over to the small house. This house was a few kilometers away from the real house, and it was connected through an underground tunnel. The small house would serve as the scapegoat for the real house. I looked down at my clock it read 3:20 pm. The closer I got to the shop the less people there was, and the louder the footsteps behind me got. I went through the first isle of cute decor when I heard my name being whispered.

“Minji...Minji” I carefully looked up to where my name was being mentioned, and sighed a huge breath of relief when I saw two of my unnies. “Yah. It is you Maknae. I didn’t believe Dara when she said she thought she saw you.” Bom unnie said. “You’ve surely stepped up your disguise.”

“Are you shopping for your house?” Dara asked to which I nodded yes to. What a small world I thought to myself. “I want to help.” she smiled. She began asking lots of questions about the house, and I knew the answers to very little of them. I had been in the small house twice that I could remember. The first time was when Yifan showed me the place I would bring family and friends over. It was very plane and not yet decorated. We walked through the tunnel from the big house to the small house.

“Can we finally go over?” Bom pouted. Her hurt face hurt me. I had neglected them enough. It was time to spend time with them.

“Yeah of course.” I smiled. “How about you girls come over for dinner?” I told them.

“Can we have a sleepover?” Dara asked excitedly.

“Umm yeah sure!” I responded.

The girls came over around six in the evening. They were amazed by the home decor, and the size of the house. I had informed Yifan of what was going on, and he didn’t seem delighted by the idea because he would have to leave to China in the morning, and I’d be leaving to Indonesia the next day, so he would have wanted to spend the night with me. In the end he said okay. Stephanie helped me make a delicious dinner which the girls enjoyed, and we spent the night eating, watching movies, and talking. It felt nice having a girls night with them. One topic, however, made me feel a little uncomfortable.

“We should set Minji up on a blind date.” Dara commented while we ate which caused me choke on my drink.

“Yeah you’re twenty and still haven’t been kissed! Who knows maybe the guy we have in mind will even go a step further, and take your V card.” Bom wiggled her eyebrows at me which really didn’t help my choking case.

“Bom we’re eating!” Chaerin scolded. “Look at her. She’s not ready to deal with any of that. Poor thing is choking at the mention of a kiss!” Oh gosh if only they knew. This night would be long.

♚♚♚

“Just be careful ok?  I’ll be there as soon as I can.” he said through the phone.

“You don’t need to worry.” I reassured him.

“No I do. You’re stepping into his territory. I have little to no influence in Indonesia. Some of the guys and I will get there as soon as we can, but we need to be careful. As soon as Sunny’s people get wind that any of us have stepped foot into his territory it’ll become a bloodbath, and now he knows you’re someone of importance to me. So, I’m sure the moment you step off the plane he’ll have someone watching you. I don’t want to scare you, just always be alert. Don’t go out alone, just don’t go out unless it is absolutely necessary. Just wait till I get there. Try not to go out if not necessary. There'll be no sightseeing this trip. Do you... Yah why are you laughing?”

"Yes Umma" I joked, but he did not find it funny at all.

"Minzy I'm not joking. None of this is funny, so you shouldn't be laughing." He spoke in a very serious tone.

"Okay sorry." I turned serious too. "I got it don't go out unless necessary, watch my surroundings, and wait for you to arrive. I have to go now we're about to board the plane." I informed him.

"Okay I'll see you as soon as possible. I love you Minzy."

"I love you too."

Afterword

Sorry for the wait, but life is busy. My goal is to finish the story by the end of this year we'll see how that goes. lol Ok so here is a chapter I tried making it fluffy, but I don't know if I achieved it. I wanted some happines before things go South real quick. Please anticipate the next chapter! Thank you for 100 subbies!!!! I am extremley grateful that you all continue to be interested in the story. As always pleas comment, subscribe, and upvote :) 

Much love, DG