Confusion

Dark Paradise

“I don’t think I can anymore.” he responded. He looked into my eyes and seemed to inspect my features carefully. I could feel myself burning up with insecurity. I had never been in such close and intimate proximity with the opposite . His scent was intoxicating. I would have completely drowned in his eyes if it wasn’t for a spontaneous interruption.

“Yah! I hate to interrupt the moment, but we’ve got a flight to catch.” we both turned to face the redhead I remembered from the bar. Kris let me go and raised his middle finger towards the other guy. In return he laughed and said. “I love you too! Now let’s get going you love birds.”

“Right let’s go.” Kris said grabbing hold of my hand and pulling me with him towards the car. Flight? Love birds? Let’s go? Everything was happening so quickly that by the time I snapped back into my senses we were only a few feet away from the car. I rapidly unhooked my hand from his.

“I’m not going anywhere with you!” I exclaimed rather defensively. He pinched the bridge of his nose, closed his eyes, and sighed heavily before turning towards me. “Look we don’t have much time the jet leaves in three hours and it’ll take two to get there. You’re going to China right? Well so are we, and if you don’t leave with us right now you won’t make it to China at all this time.”

“What are you talking about?” I said rather confused. My flight to China left in two days with my members and all of our staff.

“Call your manager.” was his response, and I did just that.

“Oppa?” I said when he answered the phone.

“Ah Minji!” he sounded frustrated and angry.

“What’s going on?”

“I called the airlines to confirm our flights, and they said there was no ticket purchased for you. I’m trying to book you a flight but they all seem to be fully booked. It’s looking like you won’t be able to attend the concert. I’m going crazy! I’m going to be fired!” he exclaimed. Was Kris behind this mess?

“Ah… oppa don’t worry I’ll meet you guys in China for sure. I’m going to call up a favor from someone I think can get me there.” I looked at Kris suspiciously. He had a triumphant smile on his face. I said my goodbyes to the manager even though he was a bit skeptical at first, but I reassured him everything would work out fine. So, he gave me specific instructions of where the hotel that we would stay at. Then he thanked me and that someone that would get me there. Why exactly I was entrusting myself to this stranger was beyond me.

“Well then… shall we get going now.” he extended his arm towards me like they do in those Disney movies when the princesses is escorted to her awaiting carriage. I had no intention of moving though. “I have nothing packed.” I stated the obvious.

“Ah well look what we have here.” he said rather sarcastically pointing at everything I had brought down from the room. I mentally slapped myself not only would I be indebted to him for taking me to China, but I would have to unwillingly accept hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise he gave me. “I’ll get you whatever else you need in China. Now let’s go.” He didn’t wait for another response from me because he grabbed me and forced me into the passenger seat before closing the door shut. I saw through the side mirror as Kris and his friend put all the gifts in the trunk of the car, and then we were off to the airport or so I thought.

We were on the highway for an unbearable 20 minutes of silence before one of us spoke up.

“Where are we going?” I asked as I noticed he didn’t make the turn to the airport. His friend rode in his motorcycle ahead of us as if leading the way.

“I don’t take public transportation.” He stated keeping his focus on the road.  “Why are you so hostile towards me?” he redirected our conversation, so I let it go.

“I don’t know you.” simple as that. How did he expect me to be around him?

“Fair enough,” he laughed “ so then ask me. What is it you’re curious about?”

“What’s your friends name?” I asked. I was genuinely curious. This was the second time I saw him and I had no idea his name. It seemed pretty rude on my behalf, but it was more rude on Kris’ behalf for not introducing us. Kris looked at me bewildered before he laughed and put his focus back on the road.

“So that’s what has been bugging you huh? I feel hurt.” he laughed and I couldn't help but laugh with him. Out of everything I was wondering  about this man I asked about his friend. “Chanyeol. That’s his name and he’s more of a brother than a friend. What else?”

“What do you do for a living?” I saw him stir in his seat and his smile fade away. He looked like he was thinking of the best way to answer this question. I wanted to know how he was able to buy such expensive things.

He never answered my question because he received a phone call and his face turned dead serious then he looked enraged. He spoke in Mandarin so I wasn’t able to understand anything he said. I did however understand all the English cuss words he said in between all the Mandarin. When he hung up the car sped faster on the freeway weaving in and out of lanes. Chanyeol appeared on the driver side and saluted towards us. Kris simply nodded and Chanyeol took no time in leaving us behind as he too began to move between cars in order get ahead. We took a sudden right at the first visible exit I gripped onto my seat because the speed we were travelling at was beyond dangerous.

“What’s g-going on?” I asked terrified at all the preceding events.

“We’re taking a little detour” he responded not bothering to look at me, and the car took another sharp right.

♚♚♚

We arrived at an open clearing in the middle of a forest. Awaiting us was a jet and some men guns! However, I wasn’t able to take in everything that was before us because Kris practically jumped out of the car then quickly opened my door grabbed a hold of my hand and pulled me out of the car seat. We practically ran up and into the jet in a matter of minutes still holding hands. On our way there Kris threw his car keys to one of the guys and said, “Trunk.”

The jet was rather spacious it could seat about 20 people, and it included a kitchen and bathroom. Occupying one of the seats was Chanyeol.

“Yah. I didn’t think you guys would make it.” he smiled at us mockingly. “Well sit down we’re taking off already.” He was right the jet began to move through the clearing and it lifted into the air. This whole time I was trying to catch my breath and process everything but it was hard to do so. The adrenaline was still pumping through my body. Kris walked me towards the back of the jet and we took the seats in the back. He must have seen the scared look on my face because his broke into a gentle smile.

“What just happened?” I spoke up.

“Nothing you need to worry about. Try and go to sleep we’ll be in China when you wake up.” He placed my head on his shoulder and wrapped his arm around me. I broke out into small cries. What just happened was too much for me to handle, but for some reason having his warmth shield me made me feel better. Soon I felt myself falling into slumber.

Afterword

Small little update I hope you all like it. Sorry for taking longer than usual to update. Next chapter should be up sooner. Are you all ready to find out what exactly he does for a living? Ready for Minzy to meet the rest of Exo? Stay tuned all that and more in the upcoming chapter(s). :) As always thank you for the support. Pease comment, subsribe, and upvote. YAY! for double digit upvotes! I have 10! Thank you! Thank you! 

Much love, D.G.