Arrival

Dark Paradise

When I awoke I was sprawled across  the backseat of a car. I sprung up immediately  to an upright position behind the driver as I was unaware of my surroundings.

“Sleeping Beauty is awake.” the driver told the passenger. I rubbed my eyes to better my vision in the dark. I noticed the driver had reddish hair, which assumed was Chanyeol. The passenger turned to look at me “Hey.” Kris greeted  with a smile.

“Where are we?” I asked looking out the window into the darkness of the night. Far in the distance behind us I saw millions of city lights bidding us farewell as we drove away from them.

“We just passed Beijing.” Chanyeol answered me with evident excitement in his voice.

“What?! No, no, no.” I panicked looking through the back window. “My hotel is in Beijing we need to go back. I have the address in my phone.” I explained trying to look for my phone, so I could show them the address my manager sent me of the hotels location.

“Looking for this?” Kris questioned dangling my cell phone between his fingers. I tried to snatch it away from him, but to my dismay he gripped it in his hand away from me. He was teasing me. “I saw the address.” He informed me as he began to scroll through my phone. I was getting irritated with him. How dare he go through my personal things. “I saw a lot of interesting things actually.” He scowled at me showing me a picture I took with some of the YG male dancers when we were practicing for the AON tour.

“Give me my phone back.” I commanded and extended my hand towards him.

“Sure thing.” he said “I took the liberty to make a few changes and additions to it. Hope you don’t mind.” he winked. flabbergasted that he would not only look through my phone, but he also took the liberty to change things on it. I was quick to take it from him when he extended it towards me. “You’ll be staying with me until your unit comes. Your hotel doesn’t have you booked until tomorrow evening, so don’t argue with me.” His intense look he gave me when he told me that made me cower back into my seat. I quickly began to look at my phone so I didn’t have to look at him. The time read 2:05 in the morning.

“We’re here.” Chanyeol announced breaking our awkward encounter.

I looked out the front window we were entering a beautifully lit estate. The place was enormous! From what I could see it was a two story pension. Lined up diagonally in the front  were 12 all black luxurious automobiles. There were Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsches, Maseratis, and one very distinguishable Bentley.  

“Everybody here?” I heard Kris question Chanyeol. “For the most part.” Chanyeol responded as he parked the car inside a garage that was located a little further away from the house.

The walk to the front door was long. Kris held onto my hand tightly, and I allowed because I had grown tired of attempting to shake him off. On the way there I was able to appreciate the smaller things that would go unnoticed in the car ride. We walked upon a curving cemented path that was lighted by torches. The torches provided enough light to notice what seemed to be gardens on each side of the path. When we finally reached the entrance the house seemed ten times bigger than what it did through the car.

If  the outside was beautiful the inside was absolutely majestic. The moment you step in you were welcomed by a grand staircase, and circular opening on the ceiling which allowed the second floor to look down into the first floor. The dark rustic brown with hints of gold on the railing and hanging chandelier complimented the off-white walls perfectly.  On the wall there was an enormous painting that seemed to be created during the Renaissance. This place was definitely fit for a king and his royal family.

“Welcome back sir, sir.” A beautiful blonde, green-eyed foreigner greeted both Chanyeol and Kris. She spoke very good Korean for an obvious Western foreigner.

“Ah Stephanie! I missed you!” Chanyeol cheekily informed her in his broken English. I couldn’t help but smile at their interaction because Stephanie rolled her eyes at him before they both laughed.

“Sir,” she composed herself when she addressed Kris “everything you asked for has been prepared.” Kris nodded in response.

“Please show Minzy to her room then.” he commanded. “I’ll see you later.” he told me before him and Chanyeol retreated into another room.

“Come on. I’ll show you your room, so you can get some real sleep.” she said as she pulled me up the stairs with her. The second floor was just as beautiful. Stephanie led me to a door at the end of the hall. The interior of the room had a sort of rustic and modern look. Two completely different concepts, but this place meshed them up perfectly. “Umm the bathroom is through that door.” She said motioning towards the door. “I’ve also had some people bring things that might be of necessity to you, and well there in those drawers and the closet.” She smiled a genuine smile towards me. It was a bit awkward so I simply bowed in return. The most appealing object to me in this room, at that moment, was the queen sized bed located in the corner. Today indeed was a long day, and all I wanted to do was sleep even if I was in another man’s house. “Have a goodnight.” she said before exiting the room and closing the door behind her.

I decided to wash up before going to sleep thankfully I found some and an oversized t-shirt in the drawers that would do just fine for my slumber. After my 30 minute shower I exited my room to find a strange man awaiting me in the bedroom by the door.

“So you’re Yi Fan’s new girl.” he spat angrily.

“I’m sorry?” I asked quite confused. I was who’s girl? Who was he and why was he in my room acting so high and mighty.

“I don’t think you understand the gravity of the situation” he continued as he walked closer to me and I retreated backwards until I hit the edge of my bed. He, however,had no problem continuing to invade my personal space, so much so that I now sat awkwardly at the edge of the bed. “I don’t think Yi Fan quite understands either. Him bringing you here letting you see us and be near us is the most idiotic thing he has done.” he was fuming, but I remained just as dumbfounded with every angry word he spoke. “ I don’t like you. You seem to make Yi Fan lose his common sense. He doesn’t know what danger he has put EXO in by bringing you here! everything EXO has worked so hard for can come crashing down in an instant because of you! So, I’m going to set some ground rules for you because I doubt ing Wu Yi Fan has. You will not speak one word about us or the things you see when you are with us to anyone! If you do we'll find out, and trust me you don’t want to know the consequences of those actions. And a word of everything I just told you is a no-no to Yi Fan too. Do you understand?” he said through clenched teeth as he grabbed my chin forcefully so that I made eye contact with him. His eyes were dark just like every word he spoke. I was scared, and confused quite frankly. Wu Yi Fan? EXO? What was he talking about? Who was he?

The door knob to my room began to turn which caused him let go of me and back up. I also stood up straight at the edge of the bed. In the doorway stood Kris with a wash of emotions on his face as he eyed the man in the room with me.

“Baekhyun… What are you doing in here?” he said as I watched him clench and unclench his fist. Baekhyun put his arms up in defeat.

“Hey, hey, hey I was just welcoming her. Making sure she didn’t need anything.” he said feigning innocence. The change in his persona was bone-chilling to me. “Just offering my help. Right?” he questioned me. I rapidly shook my head in agreement.

“She won’t be needing any of your help so you can leave now.”

“Alright man chill I’m leaving now. If you need anything I’m down the hall.” he told me. If I needed help he’d be the last person I’d ask. Kris closed the door behind Baekhyun.

“He didn’t say anything offensive did he?” I shook my head no in response. “He can be very eerie about newcomers, but he has good intentions. Don’t take him to seriously.” We stood in the room in silence for a while.  The silence and the way way he was eyeing me up and down made me feel quite uncomfortable.

“Did you need anything?” I broke the silence.

“Oh yeah I brought these things.” he said opening the door and brought in the gifts he gave in Korea. “Alright well you must be tired I’ll let you sleep now.” He began walking out, but stopped midway and turned back to look at me. “You look nice in my shirt.” he smiled and left.

I lay in the dark room replaying all the events that happened up until this moment. There were a lot of things that didn’t quite add up to me. Two names kept replaying in my head as I lay in the bed Wu Yi Fan and EXO. Who were they? Surely the internet would know, so I grabbed my phone and searched the names. What I would come to find was shocking to say the least.

Afterword

Sorry sorry sorry I've been caught up in some things, but I should be able to get back into things now. Hope you guys like this chapter. The teaser below hint, hint on what exactly EXO does ;)Please comment, subscribe, and upvote. I'll be back real soon with the next chapter promise! :)

Teaser

19 Found Dead in Confrontation Between EXO and Rivals.

Wu YiFan and EXO Once Again Tops Forbes List of Richest Criminals.

EXO Shipment Captured at the Coast of Mexico.