Trauma

Dark Paradise

“You’re walking funny.” Tao said with concern in his voice. “Are you not feeling well?” he approached me carefully as I walked into the kitchen. No I wasn’t feeling well. I never knew I would feel this sore after last night. I nearly fell to the ground when I got off the bed. I came down to prepare breakfast for Kris and I. I left him upstairs asleep on the bed. Some of the guys were already in the kitchen preparing their breakfast or munching on pieces of fruit.

“I’m fine.” I told him with a smile. I was feeling better than when I first woke up.

“Yeah I’m sure you and YiFan are fine. You guys were much more than fine last night. Right?” Chen smirked as the rest eyed me before it all clicked in their heads. Tao turned red as he realized what transpired between YiFan and I last night the rest smirked or made smart- comments involving us. I felt my face heat up and head drop in embarrassment. This was not something I wanted to discuss with them or let them know about!

“Alright. Alright guys that’s enough. Leave the girl alone.” Suho came to the my rescue. “Go back to your room I’ll take you both some breakfast when it’s done.” he smiled his motherly smile to me. I smiled and nodded back to him, “thank you” I said as i made my way back.

I walked back into the room to find Yifan still sleeping under the bedsheets. He looked so peaceful and angelic as the morning sunrays traced his perfect features. I ran my fingers across his tattooed arm. I remembered witnessing all the wondrous ink mixed with his battle scars create a beautiful artwork across his body.

My tracing seemed to be awakening him because he began to stir in his sleep,but the stirring turned into violent movements in the bed as if he was struggling in his sleep. He seemed to be having a nightmare. I began to shake him in hopes of waking him up and freeing him from the horrible dream. I was startled when his eyes shot open staring into oblivion, and his body stilled.

“O-oppa, are you-” my breath was cut short as his hand gripped around my neck as he sat up in the bed. I grasped onto his wrist trying to remove hand from around me all the while trying my best to stay alive. He began to shout in Mandarin then in Korean making it hard to follow exactly what he was saying. His eyes were focused on something across the room.

“I’m going to kill you!” he screamed out to noone in particular as he shoved me away causing me to fall on the floor with a loud thump. I quickly gasped for the sweet oxygen I had been deprived from. He got up from the bed and quickly put his sweatpants on. “Where is it?! How dare you lay a finger on her! It’s all going to stop now!” he yelled across the room rummaging through the tall dresser by the door.

“What are you talking about?” I asked now crying. He threw the lamp that sat atop it at the mirror facing him. Both objects clashed against each other shattering across the floor. He didn’t seem to find what he was looking for in the dresser so he pulled it down blocking the door in complete rage. He began shouting again in Mandarin as tears began to form in his eyes. He began to walk towards the window, so I quickly got off the ground and rushed to him before he could cause more damage.

“Hey, stop it! Tell me what’s going on!” I yelled as I grabbed ahold of his arm. Wrong move. He flung his arm completely back handing me in the process. I felt the sting of the contact as I stumbled backwards. He began to march towards me danger emitting through his eyes. I soon heardbanging on the door.

“What’s going on in there?” I heard Suho ask from the other side of the door. Yifan grabbed ahold of the other lamp and flung it towards me thankfully I ducked in time for it to miss me and break against the door. Suho’s banging got louder as I heard him try to push the door open with no luck the dresser was in the way. I had ran out of space to retreat into when Yifan grabbed a fistful of my hair using it to propel me across the floor. I landed in the middle with a loud thump. I groaned as my body made contact with the wooden floor. I heard more voices outside the door as it began to open just a crack.

“Stop it!” I screamed as Yifan turned me over on the floor his body now towering over me.

“Yah! Yifan!” Suho screamed as his face was now visible through the door. He began to speak in Mandarin, but Yifan was not hearing anything as he lowered himself to me reaching out for my neck again.

“Why won’t you die?” he whispered through gritted teeth as his hands took over my neck again. My vision blurred as I felt myself slowly losing control of the world around me. His body was suddenly pried off of me by  some of the EXO members. Everything was still a blur as I tried to recover. I heard Suho scream orders to them, “Get Yixing to him fast!” His legs were flailing as he screamed while they dragged him away from the room.

Suho helped me sit up on the floor as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders as an attempt to calm me down. “What happened?” I looked into his eyes as I cried. He simply frowned before pulling me off the ground to sit on the bed.

♚♚♚

“PTSD?” I questioned Suho.

“Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Yifan suffers from it. Actually he’s not the only one, but he has gotten a lot better over the years, but it’s always around this time that it strikes with a bang. Yixing is usually the one that can bring him back to reality.” he explained to me. “He won’t remember anything that just happened when he regains his consciousness. Everything that just happened was a memory to him. He was reliving it in his brain you, unfortunately, you were at the wrong place at the wrong time. He wasn’t trying to purposely hurt you in anyway.”

“What caused it?” I questioned him. Was I ready to know what hurt him so bad to cause this mental disorder? I wasn’t sure, but I was willing  to find out.

“He’s had a tough life. The toughest amongst all of of us in my opinion,” Suho sighed. “But it’s his story to tell not mine.” he said getting off the bed.

“Wait!” I stopped him. “Can you at least tell me how you guys got involved in...in…”

“The drug business?” He arched an eyebrow rubbing the nape of his neck. I nodded in response. “That’s a long story that can be told another time. I hear him coming.” He said nodding towards the door. “Don’t be harsh on him. He didn't mean anything, and he won’t remember anything.” He smiled pitifully before exiting the cleaned up room.

As soon as the door closed it reopened to reveal Yifan with a puzzled look. “What was Suho doing here?” he questioned

“We were just talking.” I smiled at him and went to embrace him in a tight hug. He seemed a bit surprised, but soon returned the hug and kissed the top of my head. He was back and that was all that mattered “I love you.” he confessed surprising me with an unknown feeling within.  

Afterword

Hello lovely readers I hope you guys enjoy this. I know the wait for Kai's apperiance may seem unbearable, but just trust me that he will appear at just the right moment, and his character will be worth the wait. Also, the teaser I teased before should be up within the next two chapters :) I love how analytical your comments can get! I love thelong ones especially, so thank you very much for continuing to inspire me to continue the story! Also I can't believe Dark Paradise has 20 upvotes and 92 subscribers! THANK YOU! :D As always please comment, upvote, and subscribe.

Much love, DG <3