First Encounter

Dark Paradise

My members encouraged me. As a matter of fact all of my YG family pushed me to demonstrate my skills on that small stage. 2ne1 had just kicked off our world tour in Seoul, and we all came to the club for the afterparty, the high from being onstage still intoxicated me. It was wearing off though, and the downfall . Facing four white walls and silence after witnessing an arena full of screaming fans wasn’t a pleasant feeling. So, I often enjoyed the after parties that we had. They kept me from feeling lonely.

I turned to face my company co workers. They all had huge encouraging grins as i walked to the small stage. I never quite understood their fascination for my dancing, but I really didn’t care that they always made me dance. I’ve always said dancing was my first love. But tonight my YG family wouldn’t be the only ones enchanted with my swift and y movements onstage.

He had been watching me the whole night. His eyes following my every movement. I don’t know how I didn’t notice him instantly. Even in the club full of people he stood out so much now that I think about it. Just by his mere presence you could tell he was someone of importance.

♚♚♚

My heart was racing, and my lungs were trying to regain oxygen as I walked down the small stage. I had just finished the much anticipated dance YG family had wanted. I achieved some high fives and smiles which made me feel proud, but everyone soon went back to their own conversations and dancing.

Ah. The loneliness of being the youngest. I thought. Sometimes I wondered what it would be like to get the attention my unnies did. They were always swarmed by handsome guys, but I on the other hand had very few admirers.

However, it wasn’t all bad because less attention meant more freedom. Managers didn’t have to follow me around to protect me from large crowds like the ones that follow Bom, CL, and Dara unnie around. There were also less eyes from the public on me because they mostly focused on my other members. I had more freedom yes, but having more freedom also meant being lonely more often. I had know one to share my independence with. I kind of like it like this though the thought of having eyes on me 24/7 was a thought that scared me.

I was 15 when I debuted, and I spent most of my adolescent years training in the YG center. I never learned what it was like to have the full attention of a boy. I never really experienced that full blown love between two people. I also longed for the warmth, affection, and attention only a man in love could give me.

I grew tired of watching everyone dance and chit-chat with each other while I was on the sidelines just watching. I wasn’t the jealous type, but that didn’t mean I didn’t get a bit frustrated at peoples lack of interest in me during our YG get togethers or any public event. My unnies always had some sort of attention. Chaerin unnie caught a glimpse at my pensive face. She motioned me to join her and the Kwon twins in what looked like what was going to become an epic dance battle.

I smiled back at her but shook my head no in response. I knew that Dony was trying really hard to get unnie to accept his date request, and I wouldn’t be in the way of it tonight. I motioned the act of drinking a glass of water to her, and I knew she understood I would be getting myself something to hydrate my body.

I walked behind the DJ booth towards the VIP bar entrance. Tonight only YG family was allowed to enter this bar, or so I thought.

I situated myself on the furthest stool at the corner of the bar where it was dimly lit, and ordered myself some water. Alcohol and I just didn’t mix well. As I sat there sipping my water my eyes wandered the small room no one was in here but me and the bartender. Once in a while someone would come in and out. This time a familiar face entered the room. Dara unnie came in looking for me.

“Omo Minji-ah,” she said teasingly “It seems your dance caught someone's attention.”

“What?” I questioned her confused by the information.

“Yeah these men, very handsome by the way, came up to us asking for you.” She said raising her eyebrows up and down. “Omo here they come” she said frantically.

I turned my stool to face the door and it was as if time slowed down.It was as if Greek gods had just entered the place. There was about five of them all very tall, handsome, and dare I say beautiful. They were dressed rather elegantly for a club. They had fitted slacks and button up shirts tucked into them. They all wore very expensive looking watches on their wrists, they wore the latest Louis Vuitton shoes, and not a single strand of hair was out of place. I swear it felt as if I was watching a Paris fashion show. I suddenly felt very self conscious about my own attire. These couldn’t be the men Dara was talking about right?

They seemed to walk in a V formation as they approached me. There were two blondes on the ends, and both had seemingly tanner skin than the other three men. Then there were the inner two men. One had red hair and the other had light brown hair. Then there was the guy in the middle of them he seemed to be the tallest and he had a dirty blonde hair color. It wasn’t quite light brown, and it wasn’t quite blonde either.

He must have caught me staring at him because his lips shaped into a smirk as he eyed me up and down. I don’t know what it was about the look in his eyes that sent shivers running down my spine. “Can I buy you a drink?” he asked.

“Oh no, no, no” Dara denied. “Minzy doesn’t drink alcohol.” He switched his gaze from me to unnie than back to me.

“Minzy…” he let my name roll off his tongue in such a sensual way that I felt chills throughout my entire body. Who was this man?

“Yeah, so I’m sorry sir but she can’t accept your drink.” my unnie voiced her opinion to him again. This time he looked at her a little frustrated at her constant comments. Then he looked over his left shoulder to the red headed guy before nudging his head towards Dara. The red-head moved from his spot and went over to Dara. He must have sweet talked to her because I heard her giggle behind me before he escorted her out of the bar, and then returned back to his spot. How could she have left me? I didn’t even know these guys!

“So, how about that drink?” He questioned again snapping my mental beating towards Dara.

“Ummm… I… ah… no” I shook my head. What the hell happened to my speech?!

They seemed amused at my loss for words because they all seemed to chuckle at me. I felt my face flush from embarrassment. I looked down at my hands that were placed on my lap to avoid their gazes. He grabbed ahold of my chin, and lifted my head so that our gazes met and smiled at me.

“My name is Kris by the way.”

Afterword

Alright so there it is the first chapter. Yes the main guy is Kris. Not many of you expected it right? Hopefully you guys enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Let me know what you all think so far. Please comment, subscribe, and upvote the story. I'd like to thank everyone who has already done so. It truly inspires me to continue the story. How will their story progress? Stay tuned. :)

Much love, D.G.