09

Nobodies

At around lunchtime, the teacher told Hana to carry 5 encyclopedias back to the storage room. This was her punishment for sleeping in class, again. As Hana walked towards the storage room, the pile of books blocked her view. She needed to trust her guts to navigate the storage room. Along the way, she bumped into a few doors, people, and even plants.

 

As she passed by a couple of rooms, a pair of arms suddenly grabbed the books out of her arms. Hana looked confuse and looked up to see who it was.

 

I’ll help you bring these to the storage room. Jin smiled.

 

Hana looked at him for a second, forgetting who the familiar face was. Slowly, she realized who it was.

 

That’s kind of you Jin, but I can carry them myself. Hana said, reaching out her arm to take back the books.

 

Jin stepped back and shook his head.

 

Oh really? It didn’t look like you could carry these books when you bumped into that pot over there. And not to mention that door! Your knee must’ve hurt. Jin replied.

 

H-How did you know I bumped into that pot and that door? Are you stalking me?? Hana gasped.

 

Jin quickly shook his head to deny it.

 

O-Of course not! Ms. Jang told me that I should follow you since she told you to carry these heavy encyclopedias! She felt guilty for letting a girl carry such heavy books. Jin quickly replied.

 

Hana didn’t believe him for a second and shrugged.

 

Fine, but at least give me a couple. I want to help! Hana insisted.

At first, Jin shook his head. But Hana was one second faster and took two books from his hand and quickly walked away. Jin chuckled at her trickiness and followed along behind her.

 

After placing the books back in the storage room, they both went on separate ways. Hana who kept saying thank you earned a hug from Jin. Hana then headed to the nurses office where she saw nurse Park playing some computer games.

 

Playing games on duty ey? Hana said, surprising nurse Park.

 

Omo! Don’t scare me like that Hana-ah! I thought you were the principle or something. nurse Park replied.

 

Hana let out a chuckle and sat on the sofa. She looked around the room and spotted a pair of sneaker near the bed.

 

It looks like you have company… who does those belong to? Hana pointed at the black sneakers.

 

Nurse Park looked to the sneakers and opened the logbook.

 

It’s one of the new transfer students. Kim Taehyung? Such a nice boy and a cute one too!  Nurse Park answered.

 

Hana’s eyes widened at the sound of his name and looked at nurse Park.

 

Why is he here? Did the seniors bully him? Beat him up?

 

Eonnie, why is he here? Is he injured? Hana asked.

 

Ani, he’s just not feeling well. Look at you Song Hana, asking about a boy. Do you like him? Nurse Park teased.

 

Hana’s faced turned slightly red and she shook her head.

 

Of course not! He’s just a friend… One of his friends got battened up by some seniors a couple of weeks ago. I thought the same thing happened to Kim Taehyung too. Hana answered.

 

Oh… So you’re worried about him? You must really like him. Nurse Park continued to tease.

 

Hana rolled her eyes in reply as nurse Park chuckled.

 

Meanwhile, Taehyung who’s been trying to sleep, hear everything. He blushed when nurse Park asked Hana if she liked him and was a bit disappointed when she called him ‘just a friend.’ But they just met a month ago, so it’s a big step for him to get a new friend. He was happy when Hana indirectly said that she was worried for him. Somehow, his heart felt warm.

 

Hana, can you help me take care of him? I need to go to the nearby pharmacy to get some extra gloves and tweezers. Just for like 20 minutes. If he wants to go back to class, tell him to drink the medicine on the table there. Nurse Park said as she pointed at the table.

 

Hana nodded in reply and took a magazine from the rack. Nurse Park then muttered a small goodbye and walked out of the clinic, leaving Hana and Taehyung alone.

 

Taehyung, who didn’t realize that nurse Park was gone, suddenly felt pain in his head.

 

Noona… My head hurts a lot. Do you have any medicine for it? Taehyung groaned.

 

Hana heard him and started to open her bag. She took out her medicine bag and grabbed a capsule from the case. Since she gets headaches often, she would carry the medicine around. It’s 10 times more effective than any other medicine she had tried before.

 

She walked towards Taehyung’s bag with a glass of water and opened the curtains, revealing a sleepy Taehyung. Taehyung opened his eyes and did a double take when he saw Hana.

 

Hana??!! He exclaimed.

 

Hana smiled at him and waved. Without saying anything, she pulled him to a sitting position and gave him the medicine.

 

Here, drink this. Your headache will go away. If you’re wondering why I’m here, Yoon eonnie had to buy some extra materials in the pharmacy. She told me to keep an eye on you while she’s gone. Hana clarified.

 

Taehyung nodded and drank the medicine. He then placed the glass of water on the nightstand beside him and leaned on the wall behind him. When Hana thought that the headache was gone, she turned around, only to be grabbed by Taehyung.

 

Hana turned around and frowned. Taehyung was squinting in eyes. His face looked pale and it looked like he was in deep pain.

 

Orenji, are you okay? Hana asked.

 

No reply.

 

Taehyung-ah? Earth to Kim Taehyung? Hana tried again.

 

All she got was a squeeze.

 

Hana felt bad and worried. The medicine she gave him hasn’t worked its magic yet. Without saying anything, Hana sat on the side of his bed and reached for his head. She was now laying half of her body on top of his as she massaged the side of his head. Hana’s grandmother would always do this when she had a headache. Hana was sure this could ease the pain.

 

Taehyung opened his eyes and was surprised at how close they were. Their bodies were already leaning against each other and their faces were 5cm apart. Hana didn’t pay attention at how wrong their position looked and kept massaging his head. Taehyung’s heart started to beat uncontrollably, but his head felt so relaxed. He let her massage his head for 3 more minutes before grabbing both of her arms and turning her around so that she was now under him.

 

W-What were y-you doing? Taehyung whispered in a husked voice.

Hana’s heart also started to quicken its pace when he said that. She avoided the deep gaze he gave her chuckled nervously.

 

I was j-just making your head feel better. That’s what my g-grandma used to do when I had headaches. Hana stuttered.

 

Taehyung softened his gaze and loosed his grip. His body felt weak and he leaned down on her. Hana’s face reddened at his sudden contact. She was literally sandwiched between the bed and Taehyung.

 

Hana-ah… My body feels so weak. Taehyung whispered.

 

Hana frowned again and brought her hand up to check his temperature. His forehead was pretty warm.

 

You’re having a fever Orenji. Some rest and food would heal it in no time. Hana said as she slowly slipped out of the bed.

 

She turned Taehyung around and covered him with a blanket. She went to the sink and put water on a towel. She squeezed the excess water and put it on Taehyung’s forehead.

 

You better rest for the remainder of school. There’s just 2 more periods left, so don’t bother showing up. You need to rest to heal, right? I’ll tell the teacher you’re sick-

 

But will you stay with me? Taehyung interrupted.

 

Hana was flustered by what he said and shook her head.

 

I can’t orenji, I have class. You’ll do okay on your own. Hana smiled.

 

Taehyung frowned at her.

 

How bout if I visit you after school? And bring your hyungs here? Hana offered.

 

Taehyung’s frown turned the other way around. He took out his pinky and nudged her to pinky promise him. Hana intertwined her pinky with his and mouthed an ‘I promise’ before heading out of the clinic. 

 

Hello guyss... hope you've enjoyed this story so far! Don't forget to subscribe and comment! Love you~ and thanks for supporting :)