05

Nobodies

Hana carried Jungkook all the way from the taxi to the 8th floor. The taxi driver gave her weird looks when she got out, but she ignored his stares. The elevator was broken, so she needed to use he stairs. There were times when she would almost drop Jungkook or bump his head to the railings. Hana tried to stop his wounds from bleeding by ripping parts of her uniform and covering it tightly with rubber bands.

 

When she unlocked her apartment door, she quickly ran to her bedroom and threw Jungkook on the bed. Her face was red and she panting harder than usual. She quickly took out her medicine box and swallowed 2 tablets to ease the pain. As she walked towards Jungkook’s lifeless body, she could see that the blood didn’t stop oozing out. She took out her medical kit that was under her bead and took couple of stitches.

 

My medical skills are paying off after all. Hana thought as she started to stitch Jungkook’s wounds.

 

After 3 hours, Jungkook woke up, his head hurting like hell. He slowly stood up and looked around the room. The room was similar to his, but it was green instead of brown and there were lots of books. All he remembered was that a couple of seniors beat him up until someone saved him. He was unconscious right after and had no idea where he is now and how he got here. As he took a step forward, he fell right instantly due to the massive pain on his chest.

 

When Hana heard a big ‘thud’ coming from her room, she quickly turned of the stove and ran to her room. Her eyes traveled down to the man who was lying on the floor as he groaned in pain. Hana walked towards him and helped him up. Slowly, she pushed him back down on the bed and shook her head. Jungkook, who had his eyes closed, opened them to reveal a beautiful girl standing before him with a worried expression.

 

Aish, this kid! Don’t you realize you’re severely injured? God! Your wound’s open again! Hana exclaimed angrily as she grabbed her medical kit again.

 

Jungkook kept his eyes on Hana’s face as he tried to figure who she is. A sudden realization hit him.

 

Song Hana-shii??? He asked, finally making out who the beautiful girl was.

 

Hana looked at the boy, confused to why he knew her name. Although he did look familiar, Hana couldn’t bring herself to remember who he was.

 

Ne, and you are? Hana asked, as she pushed the boy down and started stitching the wound.

 

Jungkook couldn’t answer because of the strong pain. He kept his eyes shut and gripped the hem of the pillow. When Hana was done, Jungkook opened his eyes again.

 

I’m Jeon Jungkook. You know, the golden maknae. He answered.

 

The golden what? Hana asked, not understanding what he meant.

 

You know, from Bangtan boys. We are bulletproof? No more dream? Boy in luv? Jungkook said.

 

Hana shook her head in reply. Jungkook was a bit shocked that she didn’t know him. Wasn’t their group famous? Or was she living under a rock? And why is she so nice to him?

 

I have no idea what you said… but okay. Hana said, still confused.

 

Hana put the medical kit back under her bed and helped him up. She slowly and gently hugged his waist and pulled him forward. Jungkook, who was flustered by Hana’s touch, remained silent and still. She carefully walked to the living room and gently placed him on the sofa. Jungkook’s face was already red by now and his heart was beating faster than usual. Hana looked at boy and noticed his red face. She quickly placed the palm of her hand on his forehead to check if he has a fever.

 

Jungkook-shii, are you sick? Your face is red, but you’re not warm. Hana said, pulling her hand back.

 

Jungkook just shook his head to reply, earning a shrug from Hana. Just then, Jungkook’s stomach growled, which made his face even redder. Hana just chuckled and returned to the kitchen.

 

I know you’re hungry Jungkook-shii. I made both of us dinner so just wait a bit. Hana yelled from the kitchen.

 

Jungkook looked to the small digital clock beside him and widen his eyes at the time. It’s already 7pm and hid hyungs are probably wondering where he is. He shoved his hand in his pocket and found his phone. He quickly took it out and saw 30 miss calls from each hyung and at least 50 messages. Before he could call them back, Hana returned with 2 bowls of rice, a pot of chicken soup, a bowl of kimchi, and a big plate of sweet and sour pork. Within seconds, he already forgot about his hyungs and focused on the food in front of him.

 

You made this all by yourself noona?! He excitedly asked.

 

Hana was amazed at the injured boy in front of her. Almost every part of his body is in pain, but he’s still smiling. Seeing his smile made her smile even wider.

 

Of course! And why are you calling me noona? We’re not even close. Hana replied, earning a frown from Jungkook.

 

Ever since you stepped in here with food in your hands, we became close. Jungkook smiled.

 

Hana chuckled at his adorableness and handed him a bowl of rice.

 

How do you know I’m older than you? Aren’t we in the same class? Hana asked.

 

I’m 2 years younger than you noona. Me and my hyungs were placed in the same class this year. Our eldest, Jin hyung, is 2 years older than you. Jungkook explained as he stuffed his face with food.

 

Hana made an ‘O’ face and nodded.

When were you born noona? And where are your parents? Why aren’t they home? Jungkook asked as he took a sip of water.

 

I was born on September the 14th 1994. My parents are far away from me right now. Hana replied, frowning at her last statement.

 

They must be busy huh? Working outside the country. Jungkook replied.

 

Hana again chuckled at his innocence and adorableness as they continued enjoying their meal. Somehow, her heart started to hurt as she remembered her parents.

 

After they ate and cleaned the dishes, Hana handed him a spare change of clothes. It belonged to her dad, but since Jungkook was practically covered in blood, she wanted him to change. She doesn’t know why, but she feels comfortable around Jungkook. Hana always wanted a little brother.

 

Jungkook-ah, aren’t your hyungs worried that you’re not home? Hana yelled to Jungkook who was in the bathroom.

 

Seconds later, Jungkook slammed the bathroom door open and ran to the sofa. He quickly grabbed his phone and called his hyung.

 

Jimin hyung! Sorry I didn’t call you back! Some seniors attacked me and Hana noona saved me. Yeah, Song Hana. Pick me up? Sure! I’ll text you Hana noona’s address okay. bye!

 

Hana wondered how Jungkook could be so bright. She saw sincere happiness, not the fake one she’s used to everyday.

 

Noona, what’s your address? Jimin hyung wants to pick me up. Jungkook asked.

 

Oh, the apartment’s called Nan Cho Condominium. It’s near a big 24 hour supermarket called Si Jung. Hana replied as the TV.

 

Jungkook widened his eyes and smiled widely. He ran to Hana’s side and grabbed her hands.

 

Noona! We live here too!!! We live on floor 8, room 809! Jungkook exclaimed excitedly.

Hana stopped what she was doing and widened her eyes. She too broke into a smile.

 

Well, high there neighbor! You’re currently in room 808! Hana said cheerfully.

 

Jungkook’s smile became wider as he stood up and jumped. Unfortunately, he forgot that he was injured and fell down. Hana pulled him back before his head touched the table.

 

Jungkook-ah, be careful. You’re still injured remember? Hana said, earning a smile from Jungkook.

 

Sorry noona. I’ll tell Jimin hyung and Taehyung hyung to come over. Jungkook said.

 

Orenji?