07

Nobodies

A couple weeks after that incident, BTS started to get closer with Hana. They’d always bump into her at random moments. Every time they met, Hana would always feel happy. She felt as if she wasn’t that lonely anymore, even if they just greeted each other or smile at each other.

 

One thing BTS still hasn’t figure out is why they don’t see her when they return from school. They’re practically neighbors, but they’ve never seen her around the area. Was it true she lived there? Why isn’t she returning home? Well, the answer to those questions is work. Hana works at the local coffee shop to waste a couple of hours and earn her own money. She took the job because it wasn’t hectic and no one from school ever visited the café because it was too far from school. She has a close friend named Shin Ah, who’s 2 years older than her. They’re practically sisters in the café, but Shin Ah’s too busy to meet together outside of work. That’s another reason why Hana loves her job.

 

At around lunchtime, Hana had nowhere to go since Nurse Park wasn’t around. She decided to walk around the school and avoid any interactions with her classmates as possible. She wasn’t in the mood to hear insulting remarks about her orphan status or how ugly and fat she was. If she did, she would probably attack them and earn another week of afterschool detention.

 

When she passed the music studio right before the clinic, she heard a couple of voices. Her curiosity got the best of her and forced her legs to walk inside the room and take a peek. She placed her ear close to the door so that she can hear the voices again. The voices were rapping and she liked it. They weren’t rapping about girls or drinking, but they were rapping about life. They were rapping about how the world is such an unfair and cruel place. Honestly, they were rapping about the truth and Hana liked it.

 

Hana stood up and slowly opened the door. Although creaking noises were heard, the rapping didn’t stop. Hana popped herself inside the room and saw 2 guys rapping their hearts out. One had a grayish colored hair and the other one dark chocolate hair. Both of them seemed familiar, but Hana was too forgetful to figure out who they were.

 

When the guys had stopped rapping, Hana subconsciously clapped her hands, surprising the two guys. They turned around as saw a familiar face looking right at them.

 

Song Hana? Yoongi asked.

 

Hana, who finally realized what she did, felt embarrassed.  She nodded her head at his direction.

 

Ah, yeah. I’m really sorry for disturbing you guys… it’s just that your rap was amazing! I couldn’t resist myself from eavesdropping. Hana said.

 

Namjoon widened his eyes, not believing what the girl said. He couldn’t believe that someone like her would actually like it. Everyone else said that it was terrible, but she was the only one who liked it.

 

Y-You liked it? Namjoon stuttered.

 

Hana smiled at him and nodded. She did really like it. More like love it actually. Not a lot of artists sing or rap about the world and the truth.

 

You guys should make a group and share that song to the world! Artists like you are rare in this world. Hana said as walked closer to them.

 

Both Yoongi and Namjoon looked confused.

 

What does she mean by us making a group? We already debuted! We’re ex-idols. Doesn’t she know? Or were we not as popular as we thought we were?

 

Hana, do you know who we are? Or were? Namjoon asked.

 

Am I supposed to? Hana replied.

 

Yoongi and Namjoon looked at each other.

 

We’re from BTS. Bangtan Boys? Yoongi explained.

 

Is Bangtan boys like a group or something? Nice name by the way. Hana replied.

She really doesn’t know us… has she been living under a rock? They both thought.

 

Before they could say anything else, the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch.

 

Oh, that’s the bell. See you guys later! Hana said as she walked out of the studio.

 

When school ended, Hana didn’t feel like going home. She casually walked to the dance studio beside the music studio and threw her bag to the side. It’s been a long time since she visited the dance room and danced. Dancing was a hobby of hers and she would dance to relieve unnecessary stress.

 

She opened her laptop and picked a random song to dance to. She clicked on the song No More Dream by BTS. Shin Ah had downloaded that song and couple of other BTS songs about a month ago. One day, Hana accidently clicked on it and listened to the song. She really liked them because the lyrics were really special and unique. They sounded like the rap she had earlier heard. She searched the song up on youtube a couple days after hearing it and found a dance cover. She learned the dance step by step and has almost mastered it. There were still some parts that she couldn’t do yet.  

 

Hana played the song and started to dance.

 

Meanwhile, both Jimin and Hoseok were heading out to the school gates when they heard their song playing from the dance studio. They were confused at why anyone would play their song, especially in this school. They decided to walk in and spy on whoever was listening to the song. When they walked in the studio, they saw s a familiar girl dancing.

 

Yah, isn’t that Song Hana? AKA neighbor Hana? The one who helped Kookie. Jimin whispered to Hoseok.

 

Hoseok ignored Jimin and focused on the girl. She was dancing flawlessly with fierce. She covered their No More Dream dance perfectly. It really surprised him that someone would still listen and even cover their dances. Hoseok’s feet started walking closer to the dancing figure, along with Jimin who followed along. They stopped walking when the girl stopped dancing.

 

Hoseok? Jimin? Hana asked the two boys that were standing 2 meters away.

Anyeong Song Hana! Jimin greeted cheerfully.

 

A-Ah, we’re really sorry for disturbing you. You’re really good at dancing! Hoseok said, flustering Hana.

 

Hana was embarrassed because someone saw her dance. She wasn’t really confident when it came to dancing in front of people. She was surprised that Hoseok would praise her for her amateur dancing skills.

 

Haha… It’s okay. And I’m not really that good at dancing. Still an amateur. Hana replied.

 

What do you mean amateur?! That was freaking awesome and flawless! Jimin praised.

 

Hana gave him a shy smile and looked down to hide her red cheeks.

 

Do you memorize the whole dance? Hoseok asked.

 

Uh, not really. There are still some parts that I don’t really know yet. Hana answered.

 

Which one? Hoseok asked as he crouched down.

 

Hana followed what he did and opened the video of the dance cover she was learning from. She clicked to the chorus part.

 

This whole thing. I’m a bit confused at that part there and that one. Hana said as she pointed at the parts.

 

Jimin and Hoseok watched the parts and quickly remembered them.

 

Ah, that’s easy! Let’s teach you! Jimin said as he helped her up.

 

Really? You would do that?? Hana asked.

 

Hoseok answered her with a nod and started to dance.

 

After 30 minutes of teaching Hana and dancing together, they were finally exhausted.

 

Oh, that was fun! We should do this another time. Hana suggested.

 

Sure! We’d love to. Just name the day and time. We’re always free. Jimin replied.

 

Hana took her phone out of her pocket and checked the time. It was already 4:48pm and she was almost late for work. If she was late again, she wouldn’t get free coffee.

 

Uh guys, I gotta go now. See you around! Hana said as she quickly stood up and packed up her things. She gave them a final wave before disappearing out of the door.