03

Nobodies

When the guys arrived at the detention room, there was no one except for the teacher. He ushered them to come in and take a seat. As he stood up and counted us, his face turned slightly confused.

 

Why are there only 7 of you? There’s supposed to be 8 students in detention today. The teacher said.

 

We don’t know sir. We just started school today. Namjoon replied, trying his best to sound polite.

 

The teacher looked at him and nodded. He walked back to his desk and continued finishing some paperwork.

 

30 minutes had past and the guys were slowly falling asleep. Seokjin had to kick Hoseok and Yoongi so that they would stay awake. The teacher didn’t really pay much attention because he was also falling asleep himself. Suddenly, the door opened loudly and woke up everyone. Hana, who forgot she had detention, walked in the room, her face all red and sweaty. When she was halfway home, she realized that she had detention and ran back to school. She didn’t want to be suspended again.

 

Ms. Song! You are 30 minutes late! Do you know the rules?! The teacher stood up and yelled.

 

Hana cringed as his loud voice and covered both of her ears with her hands.

 

Geez, sorry. I forgot I had detention today. Chill. She calmly said as she walked to any empty seat.

 

Hana didn’t really notice the 7 guys who were starring at her and ignored the teacher’s loud remarks about her lateness. She slowly put her head down and closed her eyes. Hana didn’t really care about school nor she was scared of the teachers. She was just a careless guilt-free girl. Although her school records weren’t that great, her grades were perfect. Her grades prevented her from being expelled, and also the fact that she owned the school. She’s been suspended for a couple of times because of fights and tardiness, but she didn’t really care. Detention was also another way fro her to escape her boring old life and think.

 

The guys behind Hana couldn’t take their eyes of her. They already bumped into her 3 times today, and there was no way that it was a coincidence. Taehyung, who sat right behind her, was the happiest out of them all. He somehow felt a certain connection with her, but didn’t know why. He’s never met her before and he surely wouldn’t forget a face like hers. She was just so amusing in his eyes. The others also thought that meeting her 3 times wasn’t a coincidence, but didn’t really pay much attention to it. But they were still wondering why she wasn’t mean like the other girls. Why did she treat them ‘normally?’ Why didn’t she call them trash or pieces of useless nobodies? They were slightly confused.

 

After detention ended, Hana was the first to go out, followed by the rest of the guys and the teacher. She needed to hurry home because she needed to feed to work and feed the dogs beside her apartment. Everyday, at exactly 5:00pm, Hana would always feed the homeless dogs beside her apartment. Since pets weren’t allowed in the apartment building, she could only feed them. She would bring them to the groom from time to time or take them for a walk around the park. Her heart felt heavy whenever she was late.

 

Hyung, why do we keep meeting her? Taehyung asked as they walked to the bus stop.

 

I don’t know… it’s probably just a coincidence. Seokjin replied.

 

The real question is, why does she treat us so differently? Yoongi asked.

 

Yeah, she treats us like ‘normal’ human beings. She doesn’t call us names or curse at  us at all. It’s like she doesn’t even know who we were or what we did. Hoseok added.

 

What we were framed to do, Hoseok. We didn’t do anything, someone set us up. Namjoon corrected him.

 

The others responded with a nod and continued to walk briskly. When they were near the bus stop, they could see a see a figure next to the bus stop. She was wearing the same uniform as them and wore a simple navy backpack.

Hana on the other hand, was panicking. She didn’t care about work, she cared about the puppies. She was worried that they would die if she didn’t feed them on time. She didn’t want to loose the only thing that made her happy.

 

Where is the goddamn bus?! She muttered to herself, but loud enough for the guys to hear.

 

When she looked to the side to see if there was a bus coming, her eyes caught the orange dude and his friends that she saw before. They were also looking at her, so she gave them a small smile. They were taken aback by her actions and didn’t smile back, which saddened the poor girl. They realized the sudden frown on her face and panicked. Taehyung, who felt the guiltiest tried to smile back, but Hana was already looking the other way. Hana was surprised that they didn’t greet her back and thought they were rude.

 

They’re no different from the others. What a shame. She thought to herself.

 

When the bus finally appeared, Hana let out a big sigh and got in the bus. BTS followed behind her a they too let out a sigh of relief. Finally a bus came, and they were really tired. The bus was a bit crowded and there were limited seats. Hana hesitated to take the seat at the very back, but there wasn’t any seats left. Jimin, Jungkook, and Namjoon found a seat near the front. Hoseok and Yoongi found a seat near an old lady and at down. Seokjin and Taehyung went to the very back and spotted two empty seats, but both next to stranger.

 

A stranger and Hana.

 

Before Seokjin could step forward, Taehyung immediately took a seat next to Hana, leaving the empty seat next to an old man for Seokjin. Taehyung was happy that he got a seat next to Hana, since he wanted to know more about her. From the first time they met, Taehyung was intrigued by her. He wanted to get closer to her. Hana, who had her earphones on, simply didn’t notice Taehyung who was sitting beside her. Her head was filled with thoughts of concerns for the puppies.

 

Although Taehyung wanted to talk to her, he didn’t mind the silence. He was already happy that he sat next to a girl who didn’t push him away or cursed at him.

 

She ignored him, but Taehyung felt like she accepted him.

 

Hana’s stop was still far away and so was Taehyung’s. There were so many people going on and off the bus that it took longer than usual to arrive back home. Taehyung kept starring at Hana, who was starring out of the window. Their arms would brush with each other at times, which made Taehyung’s heartbeat fasten. Hana was simply in her own little world and didn’t feel it.

 

When the bus came to a sudden stop, everyone on the bus leaned forward, which made Hana’s phone fall on the floor. Taehyung who felt something on his foot, reached down and tried to grab the thing that rested on his foot. Hana who realized that her phone fell also reached down to find her phone. Before Hana could grab her phone, Taehyung got it first. He looked at the phone and wondered whom it belong to. He then saw that the earphone that Hana was wearing was connected to the phone he was holding.

 

Excuse me, I think you dropped this? Taehyung nervously said.

 

Hana looked up and accidently bumped her head. She let out a small cry and looked up. Without knowing, Taehyung’s hand was already rubbing Hana’s head. Taehyung realized what he was doing and quickly pulled back. Hana who was a bit crept out by is actions let out a small chuckle.

 

I’m so sorry Hana-shii. Taehyung quickly said as he covered his reddened face.

 

Ah, it’s okay orenji. And thanks for picking up my phone for me. Hana said as she took the phone out of Taehyung’s hand.

 

Orenji?

 

By the way, my name’s Taehyung. He said, trying to regain himself.

 

I know, you’re my group mate right? The one I bumped into this morning and the one earlier in detention right? Hana replied, smiling at him softly.

 

Taehyung was shocked that she remembered their encounters. The girl who forgot she had detention remembered their small little encounters.

 

Yeah.. but why did you call me orenji? Taehyung asked.

 

Oh, was it annoying? I’m sorr-

 

No! It’s okay! That has a nice ring to it. Taehyung quickly said.

 

He didn’t want to see her to frown again.

 

And sorry for not greeting you back earlier. We were just really tired. Taehyung lied, he didn’t have anything else to say.

 

Hana smiled at him and the bus came to the stop. She saw the sign of the street they were on and stood up.