02

Nobodies

When Hana stepped in the gym, she knew by everyone’s eyes that she was late. The teacher came over to her and gave her a detention slip.

 

Late again Ms. Song? It’s the 3rd time this month. Coach Choi said as he walked back to the rest of the students.

 

Hana rolled her eyes and went inside the changing room.  She changed into her PE uniform and quickly headed out and joined the rest of the class.

 

Meanwhile, BTS had just arrived to the gym. They wee greeted by whispers from both the girls and boys.

 

 Do they know they’re late? How rude. One girl whispered.

 

Ex-idols don’t get special treatments. I hope they get suspended or just expelled. This school is too precious for trash like them. Another one said.

 

Although the girls meant for those words to be just whispers, BTS heard them loud and clear. The maknae, Jungkook, felt more uneasy and scared. The others just looked down and apologized to the coach.

 

We’re really sorry sir. We didn’t know where to go! Namjoon explained.

 

The teacher shook his head and smiled.

 

It’s okay kids. But I’ll have to give you slips though. You’re pretty late. The coach said.

 

BTS were shocked at the coach’s reaction. They thought that he would yell at them and humiliate them in front of the rest of the students, but they were wrong. Again, Taehyung felt hope.

 

That’ll be no problem coach. We’ll go and get changed now. Seokjin said as he smiled at the coach.

Hana, who was sitting far way from the rest of them, was merely confused. She doesn’t understand why the students here hate those guys so much without even knowing them. This made her hate the school more and more, the students especially. She would move if she had the chance to, but she couldn’t her parents own the school and wrote on their will for their daughter to graduate from their school. She didn’t want to disobey her late parents, so she attended this nasty school. Hana’s never regretted anything this much before in her life.

 

After PE had ended, it was time for their last period. For the whole time, BTS couldn’t stop looking at Hana, especially the maknae line. They couldn’t get out the fact that she helped them earlier. Hana on the other hand fell asleep for the whole class.

 

When everyone was seated in the music room, the teacher walked in with a smile on her face.

 

Good afternoon children! Today, I will assign you a group project that will be due 3 months from now. You will have all class periods to work on this project since it is worth 25% of your grade. I’ve already randomized you into groups, so don’t come to me and ask for a change. The teacher explained as she took out some papers.

 

Everyone in the room groaned and rolled their eyes. The teacher opened her computer and the overhead projector. On the screen, everyone’s name was in a group of four and there was a theme next to the names. Some students cheered and some students ran to the teacher to complain. Hana simply slept on her desk and half of Bangtan was quite happy with their group. Seokjin, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jungkook were in a group together while Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung was in a group with Hana.

 

The three of them had no clue, which one was Hana and they were scared that she would be just as mean and cruel as the other girls. They looked around and caught a girl sleeping on her desk. No one was around her and she seemed to be the only girl left. They then quietly approached the girl, careful to not make too much noise. Without waking her up, they jus starred at her as their heart rapidly pounded. They were nervous and were scarred. Taehyung, being the bravest out of the three, tapped Hana’s shoulders lightly. She wriggled around but didn’t wake up. This time, Taehyung poked her harder and she slowly woke up.  Her eyes scanned her surroundings and caught 3 handsome boys starring at her.

 

H-hey. Are you Song Hana? Jimin asked the sleepy girl.

 

Hana looked at him and looked away. Her eyes hasn’t adjusted properly so she thought it was one of her annoying classmates playing a prank on her.

 

Uhm, we’re your group mates I guess? I’m Jung Hoseok. And my friends over there is Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin. Hoseok greeted.

 

Hana, who had just realized that they were the new kids looked up and rubbed her eyes. She didn’t know what they were talking about and tilted her head to the side. Just then, Taehyung and Jimin realized that she was the girl from before, the one that bumped into them, the one that gave Taehyung a band-aid.

 

If you don’t mind, could you tell me what’s going on? I kind of fell asleep when the teacher was explaining… Hana said, embarrassed as she rubbed the nape of her neck.

 

Uh, we have a group project to do? The teacher hasn’t given us the details yet, but I think we’re going to sing or dance something since we have a theme and it’s music class. Hoseok answered.

 

Hana made a big ‘O’ face and nodded like she was interested. She then put her head back down and closed her eyes. Hana was too sleepy to do anything and she didn’t feel like doing anything. The guys looked around and saw everyone talking with their group and generally socializing. Their group was the only one who was quiet.

 

Okay kids, the task is basically to find a song that relates to your theme and perform it in front of the class. Instead of just copying the song, make your own version of it. you have about 5 more minutes till the bell ring. The teacher said as she began to pack up her things.

 

The guys went back to the others and sighed deeply.

 

Hyung, I think our group’s screwed. Jimin said as he rested his head on Hoseok’s shoulder.

 

We’re in a group with the girl who was nice to use earlier, Song Hana. Taehyung explained.

 

Seriously? She’s got a pretty name too. Seokjin said, earning a slap from the young ones.

 

Are you serious right now hyung? Jungkook said as he rolled his eyes.

 

Seokjin winked at him, making the others cringe.

 

Oh, remember we have detention right? Yoongi reminded.

 

The others groaned and sighed. All they wanted to do was go back home and sleep. They were tired of the continuous criticism and hate. Now, they had to waste 2 hours of their time doing nothing.

 

When the bell rang, BTS were the ones to go our first, followed by the others and lastly, Hana. As they were walking towards their locker, a group of girls started to crowd over her.

 

Hey orphan, how’s your day? Did your parents come back to life again? A girl named Min said, making the other girls chuckle.

 

Hana simply rolled her eyes and ignored them. As she took a step to the side, they followed her. When she turned the other way around, they followed her too. This irritated her a lot and she started to rub her temples.

 

Can’t you get the out of my way? Hana asked, glaring at them.

 

They were taken aback from her sudden comment, which made Hana smirk. She knew they didn’t see that coming and smiled at her sudden attack.

 

Excuse me? What did you say, loner? The girl beside Min asked. 

 

I asked you to get the out of my way. You have ears don’t you? Why don’t you use them for once? Hana replied, strongly shocking the girls.

Behind her, Bangtan was watching it all. They were new to school life and were amazed at the drama. The Hana they met 10 minutes ago was a sleepy Hana, not a fierce Hana. One of the girls was about to hit Hana, when Jungkook came to the rescue, along with Taehyung who was a second later.

 

Oh look who’s here, Jeon Jungkook. Min said as she eyes Jungkook from head to toe.

 

She told you to simply get out of the way, so can you stop making a scene and get out of her way. Jungkook said.

 

Oh, we’re so scared. One of the girls said.

 

We don’t take orders from ex-idols like you. Trash like you should be gone from this world! Min exclaimed, making the girls laugh.

 

Jungkook’s face turned red and held in his anger. Hana, who was surprised of the guy beside her, was annoyed by the girls.  

 

So why are you still here? Hana asked, again, surprising the girls.

 

The guys behind were also shocked that she would help them again. The girls didn’t have anything to say, nor did Jungkook or Taehyung who had their heads down.

 

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have somewhere else to be. So, by! Hana said cheerfully and walked away.

 

The sudden change of her mood shocked BTS and the girls too. Namjoon slowly pulled Taehyung and Jungkook away from the girls and walked to the detention room.

 

She did it again. She helped us again. Taehyung said in disbelief.

 

No one has ever been as nice to them as Hana, and they were grateful. Taehyung simply smiled, followed by Jungkook and the others.