11

Nobodies

After Hana apologized to Taehyung for the millionth time, he finally forgave her. They went on separate ways when they reached the bust stop. Hana had to go to work and Bangtan just wanted to go back home.

 

When it was around half past five, Bangtan was starting to get bored. They decided to take a walk for a while, but only around the area because it’s less crowded and less teenagers.

 

Hyung~ I’m hungry! Let’s eat somewhere.. Jimin whined.

 

Yeah hyung, I’m hungry too. Let’s eat! Jungkook added.

 

Seokjin looked around for some place to eat. It needed to be cheap and less crowded. Although they’re not idols anymore, the company still needs to fund them because of the contract. Their parents had basically disowned them, but they still had money from the company and from heir earnings. Bangtan made sure that they save the money so they won’t run out.

 

Not far from them was a small coffee shop. It was also a good place for them to eat since there’s not a lot of people around and it looks affordable.

 

How about that small coffee shop? Orchid’s Coffee House? Jin said as he pointed at the small coffee place.

 

Sure, why not? It’s looks simple and affordable. Yoongi replied.

 

The rest of Bangtan nodded and walked towards the coffee shop. The casually opened the door and stepped inside the coffee shop. There were around 15 tables inside and a couple of sofas. The place really looked homey and comfortable. There were also not to many people, mostly old people and a couple of teenagers who didn’t recognize them. They walked to the cashier and read the menu. There were lots of food and desserts to choose from, and not to mention coffee.

 

May I help you? The cashier asked.

 

Jin looked up and smiled at the cashier who smiled back.

 

Uh, can we have 2 kimchi jigae, 1 black noodle, 1 pork tangsuyuk, 1 odeng bokkeum, 7 portions of rice, 3 iced coffee, 2 bottles of water, and 2 caramel lattes. Jin ordered.

 

The cashier calculated everything while Jin told the others to sit on the sofa near the window.

 

Your total will 48,000 won please. The cashier said.

 

Jin took out his card and gave it to the cashier. She swiped it and waited for the receipt to finish printing.

 

Here’s your receipt. Please wait for about 10 minutes. The cashier said as Jin muttered a thank you.

 

Jin sat down beside Yoongi and looked around. He liked the simple yet homey look of the coffee shop. And how it’s not crowded made it even better.

 

Hana! 3 iced coffee, 2 bottles of water, and 2 caramel lattes! Shin Ah yelled at a sleeping Hana.

 

Hana woke up and yawned.

 

Got it eonnie. She said as she stood up and started making the drinks.

 

After Hana was done making all the drinks, she put them on a tray and walked towards the guys.

 

Excuse me. Three iced coffee, two bottles of water, and 2 caramel lattes. Enjoy. Hana said as she put down the drinks on the table.

 

All the guys looked up and widened their eyes.

 

Song Hana? Yoongi said as he looked at Hana.

Hana looked down and were as surprised as they were. She was wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans with an apron with the logo on it tied around her waist.

 

Hi? Hana replied.

 

Noona! We meet again~ Jungkook exclaimed as he hugged her.

 

Hana hugged him back and pulled away.

 

What are you guys doing here? She asked.

 

We’re having dinner. How about you? Taehyung asked.

 

Oh, I work here! It’s strange seeing people from school here. Hana replied.

 

So this is where you disappear to after school each day? Namjoon asked.

 

Hana nodded.

 

Yah! Song Hana! Food’s ready. Shin Ah called.

 

Arasso eonnie! Hana yelled in reply.

 

She gave them a small bow before leaving to get the food. She came back minutes later with a tray full of their orders. She placed them on their table and also placed their utensils.

 

Enjoy your food. And see you later! Gotta get back to work. Hana said as she walked away.

 

The guys waved at her and started eating.

 

Shin Ah, who’s been watching from a far, was curious to why Hana seemed so talkative to the boys. She knew who they were; she’s actually a  fan, but Hana talking to someone else is really weird. Especially at work.

 

When Hana was in the kitchen, Shin Ah took it as her chance to question the boys and get their signature. Although she knew about the news, she didn’t believe them. Shin Ah believed that someone had scammed them. She’ll always be an ARMY when nobody else is.

 

Excuse me, may I ask you some questions? Shin Ah asked as she approached them.

 

They all stopped eating and looked at her. Yoongi nodded and signaled her to continue.

 

How do you know Song Hana? And why is she talking to you? Shin Ah asked.

 

The guys took a moment to think of answers and looked at Namjoon to explain.

 

W-We know her from school. Namjoon stuttered.

 

He didn’t know how to answer the second question since he really didn’t know the answer. Shin Ah sensed the tension and chuckled.

 

I’m really sorry for asking you those questions, but I’m a close friend of Hana’s. It’s just weird for me to see her socializing with other people. And I don’t mean any harm whatsoever, I’m just a bit curious. Shin Ah said.

 

They all let out a small sigh before Namjoon continued.

 

Ah, I see. I don’t really know why she’s talking to us. Most people would badmouth us when they see us, but she treated us like human beings. And we like to meet her at random times. We like her company because she comfortable to be around. Namjoon explained.

 

Shin Ah made an ‘O’ face and nodded.

 

Well, Hana is quite dense. She usually hates talking to people, but I guess something about you guys made her okay with talking to you. She doesn’t know who BTS is or any other kpop related stuff. All she does at home is bake, eat, sleep. And please don’t think of me as one of those people who hate you, I’m actually a die hard ARMY. Shin Ah confessed.

 

The guys looked surprised and didn’t believe her.

 

You’re still an army? Even after the incident? Jimin asked.

 

Shin Ah nodded.

 

I don’t believe in that incident. You boys are too nice to do those things. Someone must’ve scammed you. Oh, I’m Shin Ah by the way. Shin Ah said.

 

They all nodded and felt encouraged by their words. Finally someone was on their side.

 

BTS also felt like becoming friends with Shin Ah was a way to get to know Hana better.

 

Shin Ah-shii, can you tell us some things about Hana? Like her family or personal life? She’s never really said anything about herself to us and we’d like to know more about her. Hoseok asked.

 

Um, sure. Hana wouldn’t mind right? Shin Ah asked.

 

The BTS members all shrugged.

 

Okay, so Song Hana is a nice an outgoing person. She has no siblings and loves being by herself. She loves reading and sleeping. She’s a good baker and hopes to open a bakery someday. She also wants to be a kindergarten teacher. She’s has a black belt degree in Taekwondo. Her favorite color is green and she hates chocolate. Shin Ah explained.

 

Bangtan took note of what she said and nodded.

 

Does she have any health conditions? And what about her parents? Jin asked.

 

Well, she does have some lung problems. She has asthma and gets sick really easily. Don’t ever let her overwork her heart. If she does, the red capsules in her bag will help. Shin Ah answered.

 

The guys were surprised at how sick she was. She looked perfectly fine to them.

 

About her parents, I can’t really say. It’s just that her parents died when she was at a very young age. Then her grandparents took care of her but died of old age as well. She blames herself for her parents’ death because she told me that if she wasn’t so selfish, they would still be alive. Every time I would tell her that it wasn’t her fault, she would smile and change the subject. She doesn’t really have anyone else in her life anymore; they’ve all been taken. Shin Ah said in a serious tone.

 

Shin Ah knew that Hana was sensitive about her parents’ death, but sharing it with BTS just seemed so right. If they could make her talk to them, they can fix her.

 

The Bangtan boys stayed quiet for a few minutes. They couldn’t believe how a person can still smile after going through hell.

 

Is that why the people at school call her o-orphan? Yoongi asked cautiously.

 

Shin Ah frowned and looked down. Her eyes were b with tears.

 

Yeah.. Hana gets called that a lot, but it never bothers her. She’s always smiling and making everyone else happy, when she herself is dealing with . It may look like she doesn’t care, but she does. She just pushes those things down inside of her and puts other first in front of herself. Someday, she her heart’s gonna be too full to push anything else down that she’s gonna break. And it breaks my heart that I can’t do anything about it. Shin Ah answered as a tear escaped her eyes.

 

The guys all looked down. Some of them had tears in their eyes, others tried to hold them back. But all of them were hit hard.

 

Ah, I-I have to get back to work. Please don’t tell Hana that I told you about her parents. She’ll kill me. Enjoy the rest of your food! Shin Ah said as she stood up.

 

She then wiped her eyes and walked away.