Watermelon

A Heart Made of Ice

You can't face Baekhyun right now. After crying infront of him, makes you embarassed and caught off-guard. You just looked away from him while sitting on the swing.

Baekhyun is looking at you with concern. You just cried infront of a person and you never liked it. Not one bit. Baekhyun sighed as he let you be. This girl is so complicated...

You bit your bottom lip as you thought over things. Im giving him a chance but Im not opening up to him. You side-glanced at him and noticed his quiet face. I should give him a chance... I started all of his curiosity anyways. You took a deep breath before directing your gaze ahead again. 

"It happened 2 years ago..." You started. 

Baekhyun snapped his head at you with wide eyes. Is she...finally.. opening up to me? But Baekhyun didn't muttered a word but listened. 

"I was so happy back then but an incident happen made me change into a heartless girl."

 

You began telling him about you having a boyfriend when you were 16. You sometimes inhale and exhale when you find yourself lost in your memories but Baekhyun is there to hold your hands.

You told him how inlove you were to your boyfriend and how he taught you many things. You felt like your world crumbled down when he sent his cronies to you and what hurted more is when he is cheating you with another girl. You said all those things without emotions, but deep inside you are crying helplessly.

 

Baekhyun's eyes and ears are all open to you. Baekhyun felt this tightening feeling when your boyfriend cheated on you and how you almost lost your ity.

He felt like he needed to protect you. Baekhyun wanted to hug but he's afraid that you might push him away like last time. You finished with a soft sigh then looked at him. 

"Thats me." 

"I.. didn't know that you went through alot of things like that... I---"

"You don't need to pity me. Just... now that I've talked you about my secret, don't ever tell this to anyone or you'll be dead meat." You sternly eyeed him.

Baekhyun nodded solemnly. There's is no way he's breaking your trust.

"I won't. And it also explains why you're wearing an outfit like that.." Baekhyun pointed on your outfit. You looked at your outfit then raised a brow at him.

"Yes. I played with my Katana earlier." 

"Don't you feel cold?" Baekhyun frowned at you as he worriedly gaze at your bare shoulders. 

 

Honestly, you felt a bit cold because of afternoon wind. You didn't even realized that you're with him for hours already.

You were about to say no when a cold wind brushed against your shoulders making you shiver in your place. Baekhyun smiled before taking off his jacket and draping them around you.

You looked at him with a mixed-emotion gaze. Once he finished, he sat back on the swing again.

"Thanks..." You whipered.

"You're welcome. " Baekhyun said with a smile. You can feel something running or flying around your tummy when he smiled. He smiled around you so many times yet this is the first time you felt something like that around him. 

 

 

SILENCE...

 

 

Only the rustling trees can be heard.

 

"Say... " Baekhyun blurted again making you look at him too. 

"What was your boyfriend's name by the way? You haven't mention him. Im sorry If Im asking about it."Baekhyun sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"His name was... "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Luhan." You breathed out. It looked like its easy to say but for you, its hard. Saying his name makes you puke or punch the wall. Baekhyun nodded

"Oh... And one more thing.." He looked at you again.

"What?"

"Can you smile?"

"No."

"Come on~ Im going to give you a lollipop!" Baekhyun pouted and tried to do some aegyo.

While you remained unmoved but you can't deny how cute Baekhyun was. You gulped then looked away.

But Baekhyun was so stubborn and walked infront of you then kneeled down. Your eyes rounded when placed his fingers in your lips and tugged it upwards gently making you 'smile'.

Your eyes narrowed then pushed his hands away. But Baehyun was still in a daze, even though you didn't literally smile. He thinks you are beautiful. He smiled then reached for his lollipop on his pocket.

He took you hands and you were about to pull away when he placed a watermelon flavored lollipop. 

"Wha---"

"Here." Baekhyun beamed. You eyed the lollipop as if its the most interesting thing on earth. You gave him a questioning look. Baekhyun shurgged. 

"Even though you really didn't smile, I guess you deserved it." 

You just blinekd at him then at the lollipop in your hand. You don't know what to say, its just candy but for you its something...special. 

"Thanks..." You mumbled only for you to hear. Baekhyun smiled then stood up. 

"Come on I'll take you home."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun walked you infront of your house. He bid you a sweet goodbye before skipping away.

You just looked at his figure then took the lollipop out of your pocket then stared it. You let your fingers unwrap the sweet. You popped the treat in your mouth. Its just a candy but it feels something more than that. 

Slowly a small smile began litting up your face. 

That day was the day when you decided your favorite flavor of candies. 

 

 

 

Watermelon