Should I?

A Heart Made of Ice

Once you got home from school, you sped off to your mother's office not bothering to greet the maids. You just can't wait to talk to her about your dilemmas about what happened today at school.

You bit your bottom lip as you knocked on her door. 

"Umma?" You called. 

The door opened revealing your mother. Mrs.Kim smiled as she opened her arms for you.

You smiled as you entered her arms, hugging her. Mrs.Kim gently pulled away, gesturing for you to come in.

"How's school, my dear?" Mrs.Kim asked, while leading you to the couch. You sighed as you sat down on the couch. You just nodded to her question.

"Its alright.." No its not. Mrs.Kim noticed something off with her daughter.

You were biting your bottom lip and fiddling on your place;hesitating whether to tell it or not.Mrs.Kim placed her news paper down and interwined her fingers.

"I know your look when something is bothering you. What is it Eunhye?" Mrs.Kim interrogated.

You looked at your mother's face before sighing out loud.Mrs.Kim looked at her daughter with curiosity. 

"Umma...there's this boy..." You started. 

" Im listening. " Mrs.Kim urged you to continue

"He's new at our school. He wanted to be friends with me even though he doesn't know who really I am!I often yelled at him but all he showed me was a smile.I even... slapped him because he's interfering my buisness and you know how I hated that, but he just.. asked me to eat some ice cream with him...with a smile.And even though I told him that students feared me, He just won't stop! he kept on telling me that we are friends and he'll do anything to get me out of my shell. Umma, I don't want to get hurt anymore. Earlier, he talked to me asking me to give him a chance..." You gulped, remembering that moment.

" Continue.. " Mrs.Kim found that boy kind of interesting and she's secretly thankful that her daughter met someone like him. 

"He wanted me to trust him, Umma! But I refused, Im afraid of getting hurt again! I don't want to be the Eunhye who is weak on her past life.I want to be who I am right now. I don't know what he's real motive is, but I think he wants me to change.." 

"Umma.. what will I do?" You asked your mother.

Your eyes were full of hesitation and confusion. Mrs.Kim knew what you,her daughter had gone through.And she can't blame you. It affected you so much. 

"Come here Eunhye-ah.." Your mother cooed, opening her arms again for you. You hugged her without hesitation. You loved being in your mother's arms. 

" Eunhye.. my dear.This boy you are talking about, I think he's serious about what he had said earlier.You slapped,yelled and pushed him away but he never gave up.I know he's serious about being friends with you, by the way you told me about him..." Your mother trailed on. 

Shes...right. But I am so afraid about getting hurt.. You thought as you listened to your mother.

"Every human here in this planet deserves a second chance. A chance to forgive, a chance to be happy and a chance to....love, only the strong one can forgive,forget,smile and live. I know you got hurt alot from the past but you don't need to hold on that memory forever...you can start by letting it go and learn from it. Live another fresh life, smile and just enjoy. And I don't believe that you changed Eunhye-ah.." 

You looked at your loving mother with glassy eyes. Mrs.Kim smiled at her daughter and caressed her face.

"Look at you. If you changed fully, you won't be here. In my arms and talking your problems with me. You thought you changed because now you treated other people coldly and unwelcomed. But I know you didn't...I know that there's still some hidden spot on your heart. You're just afraid to show it, afraid that people might take advantage of it. I understand you my dear but I tell you..." 

Mrs.Kim gently turned your now tear-stricken face to her direction, you're now facing her. 

"Opportunity knocks only once.Why not grab it? maybe this is the right time for you to unlock your heart again. Hm?" 

Umma is right. I've locked myself for so long that I lost my emotions for the others.You wiped your tears as you finally smiled to your mother.

Mrs.Kim smiled too, hugging her daughter tightly.

"Give him a chance, If you're ready. " Mrs.Kim winked at you.

You chuckled then stayed at her arms for awhile, letting her words process on your brain. You bit your bottom lip as you thought about Baekhyun. 

Should I? 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day. As usual, you are still the cold and scary student that everyone feared. But after a long decision last night, you came up with a conclusion. You just barged in to your classroom with a blank face.

You placed your bag on your desk, glaring at everyone who is staring. You walked out again. I should go...see him. You mentally bit your bottom lip.

You looked around the hall, you don't know Baekhyun's classroom so you need to ask someone. You sighed.

You saw a girl standing by her lockers, fixing her things. I'll ask her. You walked towards that girl and tapped her shoulder. The girl quickly looked around, her eyes rounded and bowed to you respectfully. 

" Where is Byun Baekhyun's classroom? " You asked her with monotonous voice.

The girl's eyes widen, shocked that their Queen would look for someone. She nervously stuttered, trying to have an eye-contact with her.

" H-He's...at c-class B 4-3... "

" Thank you. " You said without emotions before walking away with her. The girl's eyes widen when she heard her say 'thank you' but decided to shrug it off and continue on her way to class.

 

You entered classroom B 4-3 and stood on their platform. Everyone stopped what they are doing and looked at you. Baekhyun was there and was surprised to see you. He looked at you with eyes and gaping mouth. Is she looking for me? 

" Where is Byun Baekhyun? " You asked in a loud voice. Everyone quickly pointed to Baekhyun who is looking around and pointing to himself. 

" Me? "

" Yes, you. Come with me. NOW. " You ordered and walked out of the room. Once you're out, Everyone sighed, happy that you're out of the room.

But some looked at Baekhyun with confused and surprised eyes. Why would their cold hearted queen wanted to see him? Baekhyun just grinned then hurriedly walked out. Zelo, who is their classmate too, shooked his head to him.

" How could you still grin when the Queen called you? you're in deep trouble. "

" Aniya. " Baekhyun chuckled before walking out or the classroom, following you.

 

 

 

 

" Aish.. he's taking so long.. " You muttered under your breath. You were leaning behind the lockers waiting for him. 

" Eunhye! " 

You snapped your gaze to the person who called you. You pushed yourself from the lockers and eyed Baekhyun, who is panting. Baekhyun gripped  his knees to steady himself. You rolled your eyes. 

" You...needed..to..see..me? " Baekhyun said in between breaths. You nodded.

Once Baekhyun finally, regained his posture. He looked at you with an eyesmile. You looked away, can't handle his...bright attitude. 

" So~ you needed something? " 

You cleared your throat then looekd straight on his eye. " A-about yesterday.. " .. did I just stutter? Baekhyun's grin expanded when he heard you stutter. Now she's stuttering! thats new! 

" Yeah~ " Baekhyun leaned forward. You blinked at him before stepping back. You placed your index finger on his chest and pushed him away. Why is he leaning close? 

" I..I..d-decided-- "

" Yeahh~ " Baekhyun teased, leaning closer to you. You glared at him before finally pushing him away. Baekhyun just chuckled before patting your shoulder. I just loved teasing ya, Eunhye~

" Aish! can you stop that! "

" Arasso! Now what is it you wanted to tell me? " Baekhyun asked, a bit serious now. You took a deep breath, closing your eyes for awhile before opening them. Okay.. I just hoped I won't regret this.. 

" I... "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Im giving you a chance. " You blurted out, once you said that. You found yourself in Baekhyun's arms. Your eyes widen and felt blood slowly creeping on your cheeks. WHAT THE ?! HE CAN'T JUST HUG ME! 

You pushed him away and gave him a glare but Baekhyun was too happy to care about your glare. He can't believe that you're giving him a chance. Baekhyun gave you a happy smile. But this smile was a different one. 

" I knew you would give me a chance! I promise we will be bestfri---- "

" Aniya. " You stopped him. Baekhyun's eyes widen. 

" Bwo? but I thought... "

" You have to earn it. " You shrugged. Baekhyun's eyes widen and his jaw dropped on the floor. But his face suddenly change, turning from a happy to a confident one. He looked straight at your eyes and smirked. 

" I'll earn your friendship even if it takes a forever. Just so you know that, Kim Eunhye. " And with that, Baekhyun left you, going inside his classroom. 

Leaving you alone in the hallway, you gulped. I made the right decision right?