What...?

A Heart Made of Ice

"Umma, can I skip my classes today? just today please." You said with tired eyes and lifeless voice. Mrs.Kim looked at you in worry and concern, she placed the dishes she's been doing earlier and faced you.

"Whats wrong dear?" Mrs.Kim asked, cupping your cheeks. 

Again, you cried the whole night because of Baekhyun. Now, you promised to yourself that you won't cry anymore... well, hoping you'll not cry anymore. You just weakly smiled at your mother then took her hands away from your face gently.

"Im fine umma. Im just...stressed?" You lied. Yeah Im stressed because of one certain person. 

Mrs.Kim studied you for awhile before nodding, patting your head.

 "Sure honey, just...take care of yourself. Arachi?" Mrs.Kim solemnly smiled.

You nodded then kissed her cheek goodbye. Walking down the hall and slamming the front door close. Mrs.Kim looked at the door before shaking his head.

"Complicated young love." Mrs.Kim sighed to herself.

 

 

 

 

 

As planned, you missed the whole school day. Some teachers walking on the hallway are giving you looks but didn't dare utter a single word to you. The hallways were empty and quiet, you assumed that everyone is on their classes.

You lifelessly dragged your body on the school auditorium. Why? you're planning on doing something. Something that will atleast make you relax and quit the reality for a bit of time.

You stopped infront of the door with a sign saying 'auditorium' in it. You twisted the knob and felt for the lightswtich on the wall beside you. Once you found it, you switched it open. Litting up the podium infront and you saw the piano. You tilted your head in wonder.

"I distinctly remember that this piano has a cover on it...?" But you shrugged. "Maybe someone used it..." 

You walked up to the stage and placed your bag on the piano chair, opening it and revealing a brown paper bag. You closed your bag took the paperbag with you to the backstage. 

 

 

You walked out of the backstage wearing a white long-sleeves and black leggings that reached until your ankles. Guess what? You're going to do ballet all day. Your mother taught you ballet by herself, she told you how relaxing it is.

You can let all of your bottled emotions out as you dance. You believed in her, but never tried using ballet in cases like this. Maybe today is the perfect time? You tied your hair into an updo and fished for your ipod on the bag. 

You decided to dance a song that suits your mood. I am alone, scared and regretful...Plainly, tired. You thought to yourself as you picked the right song for your mood.

 

 

You stood on your place and let the music get in your head, allowing yourself to go with the flow. 

 

Just let your body blend with the music and go with the flow 

 

You remembered that line. Baekhyun told you that when he asked you to dance with him. 

This is the reason why you kept yourself locked again. You're afraid to get hurt, scared to feel pain again. But what is life without pain? You can't live without pain, you agree. You began doing some smooth jumps and little spins, feeling the music sought in your body. 

I want this pain to end. Be with Baekhyun... was that so much to ask? You asked yourself. 

When Baekhyun started acting like a jerk to you. It felt so surreal or maybe you weren't expecting it. Baekhyun was a nice and sweet guy and you never thought that he has the ability to act like that. 

You blamed yourself for everything. You blamed yourself for shouting at him those words that would send your friendship in danger. But its too late to turn back. 

It happened already. 

When you're with Baekhyun, you feel like soaring up to the sky like an angel. You would find yourself trying hard not to smile when he's trying to make you smile. It feels different and thats the reason why you fell in love with him.

Talking about love, you questioned yourself whether to confess it to him or not. If your going to make a scale of 1 to 10 of not telling, you'll give 100. Because right now, you blew everything the both of you had.

How can I apologize If you kept on pushing me away...but I'm one to blame too. If I just appreciated your presence... You regretted for not appreciating the way he would try to talk to you. 

If you're in Baekhyun's place. You would've given up and get lost but Baekhyun didn't, he stayed by your side. Not letting go.

You did a simple pirhouette. 

But Baekhyun's face appeared in your mind making you lose your focus and stumble, spraining your ankle.

"Ah!" You yelped in pain as you felt tears threatening to fall again but you promised to yourself, you will never cry again so you held it back. 

 

 

"Eunhye!" Someone called. 

Your eyes rounded like saucers when you heard someone called you. Baekhyun...?But thats impossible! Im alone here, Im just hallucinating... You shooked your head.

But you're wrong. 

Baekhyun is really infront of you. Literally.

Actually, Bakehyun was there the whole time, he was sleeping on one of the chairs because he decided to skip classes too but then, he woke up when he heard someone's footsteps echoing on the stage. He was about to exit the auditorium when he found that its you but then, he stopped to watch you secretly.

Here he is.

"Aish! you should've been more careful you pabo!" Baekhyun said as he tried to check on your ankle. But your reflexes kicked in and immediatelly took your injured foot away from him.

"No. Its okay----"

"ARGGH! EUNHYE LOOK AT YOU! IM TRYING TO HELP AND ALL YOU DID IS TO PUSH ME AWAY. You wanted my attention and Im giving it to you now. What's your problem?" 

You remained silent because of his sudden outburst. Baekhyun sighed, stressfully before taking his hanky and wrapping your foot with it. You tried to stop him but all he did was to glare.

"Stay still and don't move. Easy to follow right?" He muttered seriously. 

You gulped then nodded.You watched him do his job and he looked so serious. 

"Why are you doing this?" 

"Doing what?"

"This." You pointed on your injured foot not wrapped in a hanky. "You ignored me and now this.Whats wrong with you?"

Baekhyun scoffed then placed your foot down and stood up. "You know Eunhye, I should be asking that to you."

"What...?" You narrowed your eyes at him.

"You're so happy on the past few days and you suddenly became like this! You treat me like Eunhye and it bothered me! What am I to you? I thought were friends. Friends supposed to tell them each other their problems but why do you always keep yourself hidden?!" Baekhyun gipped his locks in frustration.

Your throat became dry and can't utter a singly syllable because you know that he's right.

Baekhyun paused for a bit. Looking at his feet on the floor with b eyes. 

"I don't understand you at all..."

"Why Baek---"

"I don't understand at all! You will never know love or friendship and I feel sorry for you!" He snapped his gaze at you with sad and dark eyes. Your eart ached when you saw his glistening eyes, you knew that he wants to cry but not infront of you.

"I tried Eunhye! I tried! I tried showing you the whole world again! I tried bringing new colors in your life! But why do you always shut me down? Do I looked like those students who feared you?"

"No Baekhyun..."

"Then what?!"

"Why are you being like this?! If you're just going to show around, pretend that you care and go mad again. You shouldn't have helped me!Why?!" You cried. You promised yourself that you won't cry anymore but seeing him being like this made  you change your mind. 

Baekhyun turned his gaze away, he can't take it. He never wanted to see you cry and he blamed himself for shouting at you. He just needed to get all of those things out of his chest. 

Baekhyun turned around then began walking away, before stopping. He clenched his fist as he gave you a painful smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Even though Im hurt because of you, I just can't leave the girl I love." He confessed before sprinting away. 

 

He left you there, sitting on the ground with an astounded face. He...loves me.