Officially

A Heart Made of Ice

Its Monday and today is D-Day. The results of Mid-Exams are finally out and  is now posted at the community board. Everyone is piling up infront of the board, some students are either crying or jumping in joy.

You walked infront of the board with ease because the students already made way for you. You looked for your name and you're expecting your name on the top.

But, everyone around you gasped in shocked and surprise. Your eyes rounded in surprise and mentally gasped when you found someone else's name.  He.. topped me off. Oh my.. 

Its not that you're mad or anything. You're perfectly fine being a second placer so you don't mind. But the thing is, you never though that Baekhyun was capable on stealing your top student position. You thought that he's just an average student but you didn't expect him to be so smart. 

 

 

STUDENTS ELIGIBLE FOR SCHOLARSHIPS:

1. Byun Baekhyun

2. Kim Eunhye

3. Zhang Yixing

4. Park Sandara

5. Seo Ju-hyeon

6...

7..

 

 

 

"Oh no~ That Baekhyun boy topped her off!"

"How..?"

"Cheeseballs! thats... impossible!"

"Isn't she mad?"

"Omona.. is she going to have a fit?"

 

Baekhyun was also hurrying to see the results and currently he was having a bit difficulty passing through the crowd. I just hope that I passed my exams.. Baekhyun thought. 

" EXCUSE ME! COMING THROUGH~ " Baekhyun sang loudly. 

Students look at him and quickly made way. Baekhyun blinked and looked around in confusion. Huh? Everyone was quiet so he shrugged it off, then he saw you standing like a statue infront of the board. Baekhyun grinned then skipped beside you! 

"Hey Eunhye---"

"Look." You cutted him, pointing at the results.  Baekhyun raised a brow then looked at the results.

 

His eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

His heart beating rapidly. 

He can't believe what he is saying right now.

You looked at him with a blank face. Yeah Baekhyun.. you beat me. You were expecting Baekhyun to cheer around you and maybe...hug you? But no. Your eyes rounded in abit surprise when he grabbed your hand and pulled you with him. Leaving all the students whispering and gossiping around.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and you reached the school's garden. You looked at him with a glare before shooking his hold off of you. 

"Let me go!" You said in irritation. But Baekhyun just smiled at you and pulled you in a light hug. At first, you're struggling. But because of your beating heart you decided to stay still. Baekhyun was glad that you stopped stuggling in his arms and contineud to hold you like that. 

"Yah--"

"Thank you..." Baekhyun whispered in your ear. Your heart is beating so fast and you wished that he won't feel it. You didn't answer him but let him continue. 

"Thank you Eunhye.. really. Because of that reviewer you made me, I passed the exam. Im really grateful! Don't you know that its my first time being a top student? Thats why Im really happy! You helped me Eunhye. Even though you don't show it to me physically, you still gave me determination indirectly..." Baekhyun said then gently stepped back, releasing you. 

Baekhyun was smiling down on you. You didn't smile or anything but jsut stared at him. You don't know what to say, you're speechless. 

 

"I just hoped you're not mad though..." Baekhyun sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

You narrowed your eyes at him before scowling. "No Im not. Its perfectly fine with me."  You honestly answered. Being a Top student doesn't mean so much to me. You thought.

Baekhyun just looked at you with a 'are-you-serious' look. Its fine with her? Mostly, people will throw tantrums or a fit but Eunhye didn't. 

"Wait...really?"

"Yes really." You answered non-chalantly. 

"Thank you for not being mad!" Baekhyun did a peace sign.

"But tell me.. how did you pass that exam so easily?" You asked. Baekhyun scoffed. 

"What do you mean by 'easily'? Its not easy you know!" 

"Fine but how?" You intrigued while eyeing him. Baekhyun gulped then back away a bit and looked somewhere else.She might freak it out if I tell her. You waited for him to answer but he's taking so long. 

 

"How?"

"..."

"Yah Bae---"

"Okay! Its because of you!" Baekhyun raised his hands on the air and waved it around. You froze when you heard him say that. M-me? Why? Baekhyun sighed then began to explain his reason.

"Okay. I'll explain it to you. I jsut don't want to dissappoint you okay? You had a hard time making me a reviewer so I was determined in passing the exams. In other words, you're my inspiration. Okay?" Baekhyun said with a red face. 

"Inspiration..?" You mumbled lowly. Im his inspiration? You can't believe of what you just heard from him. * thump thump thump * There goes your heart... 

"Y-yeah... AISH! This is so embarassing!" Baekhyun whined, clearly embarassed. You blinked away then coughed. You don't say Baekhyun.. 

"Then.. You should do something for me!" You bravely spat out. Baekhyun tilted his head in wonder. 

"Like..what?"

"I don't know. Think!" You rolled your eyes. 

Baekhyun stood quiet for awhile. You were watching him with curious eyes. 

 

"AHA!" Baekhyun suddenly brightened up and snapped his fingers. I KNOW WHAT TO DO! Baekhyun thought.You raised a brow. 

"What?" You asked. Baekhyun smirked at you then leaned down beside your face. Your heart almost stopped and you thought that he'll kiss you. But, he only whispered something in your ear.

 

"Come to this exact place and area later, after dismissal." Baekhyun whispered then leaned back again. You look at him with a 'what' look, Bakehyun shrugged. 

"Lets go! We already missed a subject!" Baekhyun said, back at his original happy-go-lucky self. 

I can't wait~ 

What's he thinking? 

 

 

 

 

 

Your brain is flying around for the rest of the school day. Everyone seemed to notice Baekhyun now and you even found out that some girls in your class are crushing on him. You scoffed at the memory when you heard two girls talking about Baekhyun earlier at the hallway---- 

 

" Oh my god.. Baekhyun is really handsome! "

" Not just handsome! But smart too! "

" KYAAA~ I SO LIKE HIM! "

You sighed in irritation and brisk-walked away, not minding them anymore. 

 

You don't even know why you're acting like girlfriend of Baekhyun, Heck! He doesn't even love you and you don't love him!..... well. You're feelings about Baekhyun is still uknown. So for the meant time, you don't have 'feelings' for him. 

 

When the school bell broke off. Everyone quickly fixed their things and hurriedly walked out of the classroom. You calmly picked your bag and walked out of the classroom and headed to the school garden where Baekhyun was supposed to meet you.

I wonder what the dork is up to.. 

 

 

 

 

 

You reached the school garden but found no one in there. You looked around in confusion. What? I thought Im goign to meet him here? Where the hell is he? You thought while you impatiently looked around the area. 

Not until you heard a sweet voice singing and a melodious sound of guitar strings. You snapped your head at the direction of those sounds and you almost felt your legs giving up when you saw who it was... 

Byun Baekhyun

He's head is poking out behind a tree and is slowly walking out behind it.He is singing while playing with a guitar. You somehow thought where he got that guitar but who cares? Baekhyun was smiling at you as he walked closer to you. 

You kept still on your place, watching his every move. 

 

 

I hear you breathe
You're lying close to me
The shadows gone
I have found my peace

You make me calm
With you I'm safe from harm
And right by your side
I'll stay through the night 'til eternity
That's the way it will be

And I wonder what you're dreaming of
You're so peaceful when you sleep
Everything I want everything I need is lying here in front of me

 

Baekhyun is finally standing infront of you, singing his heart out but his eyes is always directed to yours, piercing through your soul.  

 

And if I ever lose my power to fly
Then your love takes me high
I'll always be true to you
Sometimes I think I might lose it all
Guess the chances are small
'Cause you hold me close I feel you near
Don't let go say you'll always be here
So just hold me tight and I'll be fine
Dreaming you will always be mine

 

Baekhyun had a hard time thinking about something to surprise you because its so sudden. It only left him one choice: SING. He even stole the guitar he saw at the school's music room. 

 

Just like the sun
You make me warm inside
Like a soft summer breeze
A moment to seize
So true I won't stop loving you

And I wonder what you're dreaming of
You're so peaceful when you sleep
Everything I want everything I need is lying here in front of me

And if I ever lose my power to fly
Then your love takes me high
I'll always be true to you
Sometimes I think I might lose it all
Guess the chances are small
'Cause you hold me close I feel you near
Don't let go say you'll always be here
So just hold me tight and I'll be fine
Dreaming you will always be mine

And I wonder what you're dreaming of
You're so peaceful when you sleep
Everything I want everything I need is lying here in front of me

And if I ever lose my power to fly
Then your love takes me high
I'll always be true to you
Sometimes I think I might lose it all
Guess the chances are small
'Cause you hold me close I feel you near
Don't let go say you'll always be here
So just hold me tight and I'll be fine
Dreaming you will always be mine

Just hold me tight and I'll be fine
Dreaming you will always be mine

 

He finished the song with one last strum on his guitar. You didn't speak or anything. You just stared at him, your eyes full of amazement. Baekhyun smiled seeing that you liked his performance.

You're brain is still processing, you can't help it but to be amazed by his angelic voice. You never knew he has the talent to sing! He's.....................

Amazing.Purely Amazing. 

"Well... yeah. Thats my surprise. D-do you like it?" baekhyun nervously chuckled. Baekhyun was hoping for you to say something short..he's used to it. But you said something else.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes Baekhyun. I like it..." You whispered but audible for him to hear. Your heart still ramming inside your chest. 

Baekhyun grinned and pumped his fist. "Waaah! I thought you won't like it. You know?........" 

But you didn't get to understand nor hear the next because of your loud pumping heart.

And thats when you realized something. 

 

 

 

 

 

Im officially inlove with you...

Byun Baekhyun.