Differences

Two Brothers One Lover

 

“He said WHAT?!” Minho asked with big eyes and an odd expression while Jonghyun shrugged.

“Don’t look at me like that, I didn’t know either! It’s not like I know how you kiss!”

Minho blinked before his gaze wandered to the ground thoughtfully. “What did you say?” he then asked, sounding a bit calmer than before.

“I asked him how I kissed and he said I was the gentle one so maybe you should consider calming your kisses and not try to eat him,” he snapped, still sulking about how his brother had yelled at him.

“Yah, why should I change? Why don’t you just spice it up a bit? I can’t change that you are so boring and he likes me more,” Minho gave his snappy answer and Jonghyun glared at him almost fuming with anger.

“I am not boring,” he hissed and Minho just smirked. “He even said that he liked both the same!” the older yelled triumphantly, holding up a finger with a diva-expression and pursed lips, causing the younger to roll his eyes at his childish, dumb brother.

“I’m sure he only said that because he didn’t want to hurt your feelings.”

“Bastard,” Jonghyun hissed before he stalked off to his room, fed up with his brother who was still grinning.

 

 

Kibum continued to stare at Jonghyun who was busy drinking his Americano and reading over the menu. There was this one thing that had been bugging him for a few minutes now and he couldn’t find a solution for it.

It was only one of those few things that had been bugging him about his boyfriend during the last few weeks. It wasn’t something bad, at least he hoped so, it just confused him slightly and couldn’t figure out where those things came from.

“What’s wrong?” Jonghyun suddenly asked and Kibum snapped out of his thinking, blinking a few times to get his thoughts back together.

“N-nothing I just…” Should he mention it or better not?

“Just?” Jonghyun asked curiously, big eyes staring at his boyfriend who was biting his lower lip and glanced down as if to avoid his eyes.

“I was just wondering since when you like Americano,” Kibum then finally said and looked up at Jonghyun who seemed to be surprised by that.

“I’ve always liked it,” the older said, trying to figure out why Kibum would say something like this and was amazed by how much attention the younger paid to so little things. He would have probably never noticed it.

“Really? Because you once said that you hated it.”

Oh .

Minho cursed himself inside of his head for being so stupid and careless. Of course, Jonghyun didn’t like Americano and he had probably mentioned it in Kibum’s presence. , , . Come up with an answer, come up with an answer.

Kibum studied his boyfriend’s expression closely which was a bit twisted for a second before it turned into a thinking one. He was probably trying to think of the time where he had said that. The blond nagged at himself inside of his head for saying something as stupid as this. He had probably just gotten confused between Jonghyun and one of his friends.

“Well, I don’t like the really strong ones but this one here is not that strong so it’s alright,” Jonghyun said with a small smile and Kibum nodded, figuring it was just imagination that played those pranks on him but his mind wouldn’t shut up about some things he had noticed over time.

He didn’t know why but it felt like Jonghyun often changed how he would act. Sometimes he would act like this and the next time he would act slightly different. Like kissing for example, though it was that noticeable as before anymore.

Then there was talking. One day Jonghyun would be all flirty and then the next time they met up he would be like…like a gentleman. It was not something bad but it confused Kibum slightly. He didn’t know why Jonghyun just didn’t settle for one of them or took a path in the middle. It almost was like he couldn’t decide but he always acted naturally so sometimes Kibum didn’t even noticed.

On other days he would say things that he had never said before or he would suddenly like if his salad was soaked in sauced though he hadn’t liked it until then.

Everything was just so confusing.

 

 

“Jonghyun?” Minho asked once he was home and walked into his brother’s room. The slightly older twin was lying on his bed, reading a book while he listened to some music playing form his phone which wasn’t good if you wanted to concentrate on one thing but Jonghyun almost always listened to music. Sometimes he didn’t even notice anymore whether the music was still or not.

“Hm?” he asked, not lifting his gaze from the site he was currently reading so Minho flopped down next to him on the bed with a small sigh. He tried to think about a good way to voice what he wanted to say but in the end he decided on just telling what was going on. He feared Jonghyun wouldn’t be able to understand him if he used to difficult terms.

“Kibum is getting suspicious,” he then said and Jonghyun looked up at him surprised, thinking a few seconds before he gave his answer.

“Why would you think that?”

“I don’t think, I know,” Minho said.

“Wae? Did Kibum say something?” Jonghyun asked, turning back to his book again.

The younger sighed and rubbed his face shortly, kind of fed up with his brother’s behavior. Didn’t he worry at all?

“Not directly but I think he caught on that something is off.”

“If he didn’t say something clearly then I don’t think we have to worry, I mean he didn’t say much about it now, why should he start suddenly?”

“Jonghyun, look, I don’t know if you don’t care about this but I would like to keep the relationship with my boyfriend how it is and not get into a fight with him about me having a split personality or changing my character every so often,” Minho grumbled annoyed and Jonghyun shut his book with the same annoyed expression.

“He is my boyfriend as well.”

“And that is the problem.”

“Don’t you think I don’t know what the problem is here? It is not like it is normal for two people to date one and the same guy and it is a miracle that nothing has happened until now which is the way I want to keep it if I can’t kick you out of my boat” Jonghyun hissed and glared at Minho who glared back at him for the last comment he had just made.

“Even if he caught on, what are we supposed to do?” the older asked harshly, looking at the younger with a piercing stare, demanding an answer.

That shut Minho up and he looked back onto the floor, trying to come up with an answer which wasn’t easy. All he had been doing until now was complain about the problems they faced but he hadn’t actually thought about a solution apart from telling Kibum the truth and that clearly was not an option in their situation, at least not if they wanted their relationship to maintain which was their goal after all.

“Thought so,” Jonghyun then mumbled. He had been thinking about this as well but what were they supposed to do? Tell Kibum and have him hating the two of them for the rest of his life or just continue just like it had been until now and praying that it would stay like that without getting into too much trouble or even a fight?

None of them were good options but those were the only ones they had.

Of course Kibum had started to notice differences, Jonghyun would have been surprised if he hadn’t been able to after so many months already. He was quite the observer after all which was a known ability for drawing artists though sometimes it wasn’t as good as it might sounded at first.

“Come back if you have an answer to your problems and leave me alone until then. It’s not like I don’t know what is going on,” Jonghyun grumbled and turned back to his book, trying to find the line where he had stopped.

Minho snorted and stood up, opening the door but then freezing for a second, glancing back at the older shortly. “Before I forget: You like Americano now so bear with it If you have to drink one next time,” he hissed and shut the door with a loud bang, going to his own room and once again wishing that he had a punchbag with his brother’s face on it in there but sadly he didn’t. He could really use one now.

Jonghyun just rolled his eyes and continued with reading for a few seconds before he groaned and changed the happy song into a more depressing one.

He didn’t need squeaky girl voices blaring in his poor ears at the moment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I updated this chapter!


I am so so so so so sorry guys T.T

I guess I'm the worst author out there.

My only apology woudl be that I always felt like on the weekends or they were packed to the top. The last few weekends had been really horrible and I just couldn't start writing. Now I finally pulled myself togetehr and wrote a little something though it is still quite porr as an excuse. I promise I'll try to start working on the next chapter tomorrow or I'll continue this one so if you see an update on this story, please check this chapter if I have added something.

I guess I can't really ask for comments now though they would make me fell better...

As you probably noticed Kibum starts to notice differences. Things will get interesting soon so stay tuned.

I'll be going then, my dog is waiting for his nightly walk....yay....

*runs away before readers can kill me*