Finding Out The Truth

Two Brothers One Lover

 

Jonghyun had just finished with cooking some instant meal as he heard the front door of the apartment opening and someone entering, throwing away his jacket and kicking his shoes off. It could only be one person so he didn’t even bother greeting the one properly, he already knew how it was so he didn’t need to greet him like a mother that had been waiting for her child to come home from school.

“Want something to eat?” he asked, already putting something on a plate because he knew the answer. It was always the same.

“Yeah, I’m starving here.” It wasn’t like he was always staving but okay.

The older chuckled and put the plates down on the table after he had turned off the stove, he didn’t want to set the apartment on fire. He was in the middle of sitting down as Minho entered the kitchen and flopped down on his own chair with the last bit of strength he still had.

Without exchanging glances or any other words they dug in and eat the meal which was probably more chemicals than anything else but they didn’t have the time and motivation to make something else let alone knew how to cook properly. There were more important things than food as long as it stilled their hunger.

Suddenly Jonghyun had to think back to this morning where he had met Kibum. He wondered if the boy was like him and his brother, also just eating random things because he was too lazy. But he didn’t seem to be that type of guy. He seemed to be someone who really took great care of himself and ate healthy. Maybe he even still lived with his parents and didn’t have to worry about cooking something for himself. Wow…now Jonghyun knew how precious a mother was that cared for you, cooked your meals, did your laundry….he wanted to go back home.

Oh…that was it what he had forgotten to do yesterday…no surprise he didn’t have any clothes anymore. He wore the same socks from two days ago and now that he thought about, he didn’t want to know how they smelled. He seriously had to take care of all those piles in his room but he seriously didn’t want to, he was way too lazy to even recognize them. He only noticed them once he couldn’t step into his room anymore or if he found some boxer shorts dangling from the lamp on his desk. Not that it had happened before….but he wasn’t the only one, Minho wasn’t any better, he just always hid his mess better than Jonghyun did. He always shoved the clothes under his bed or back in his closet. Sometimes he even threw then in the elder’s room so he didn’t have to worry about doing the laundry. That’s why the piles grew bigger and bigger everyday…

Kibum looked like that kind of guy that like his room to be neat and clean. You could guess it from the way he had acted in the café. He had wiped the counter over and over again although there had been nothing wrong with it. Moreover there was not in a single flaw on the pictures he drew on the coffee and oh dear if something had spilled over. Not that Jonghyun had been staring at him all the time, he had just happened to look at the right moment. He wasn’t a creepy old man that stalked innocent teen although it kind of felt like it.

It was kind of cute how the blonde would pout if something hadn’t worked the way he had wanted it to. He would try over and over again until he was satisfied and it looked perfect, just like his hair that looked like it had been styled by a professional for a photoshoot. He seemed to spend a lot of time on his appearance but at the same time he didn’t look like one of those smug girls or boys that thought they were way better than the rest of the world. He was different, more natural and just…it fit him somehow and it didn’t look wrong or ugly. It was just who he was and he was beautiful like that.

Jonghyun smiled and looked up only to see his brother with the same kind of loving expression on his face, staring down at his meal like there were some cute fluffy kittens cuddling with each other.

“What the hell did make you act like you just saw a bunch of kitties?” Jonghyun asked with a raised eyebrow, half laughing at his normally not every expressive brother. Not that the other was stoic, no he just wasn’t as hyper as the older sometimes was.

Minho looked up at him with the same expression. “I could ask you the same, you’ve been smiling at your noodles for the last ten minutes.”

Jonghyun glared at the younger. “That’s not true.”

“Whatever you say, Jjongie~”

“Shut up, Minnie~

Both of them snorted at their childhood nicknames. They hated it when they called each other those and only, really only the closest of the closest friends were allowed to know about those names since they would get teased the whole time otherwise.

“But for real now,” Jonghyun said and laid his chopsticks by side, acting a bit more mature and serious now. “What happened? It’s not often that I see you smiling like a lovesick fool.”

Minho rolled his eyes and poked his food with his own chopsticks, debating whether he should tell the truth but his brother would find out anyway. He knew exactly when he was lying so it was no use. It was like Jonghyun was able to read his mind. Maybe it was because they were twins and had some kind of special connection and could understand each other without any exchange of words.

“I met someone,” he said a bit quieter, not wanting to get mocked by the older.

“You did?” Jonghyun asked surprised because Minho had never really paid much attention to the people around him that weren’t his friends. He always said he wasn’t interested in people who just acted like they liked him only to slander behind his back once he turned around and was out of sight. He cherished his friends. It weren’t all too many but they were all really close and had known each other for a long time already.

“Me too,” the older admitted, surprised by the coincidence.

“Yeah….I mean not really met I just….we haven’t talk that much actually.”

The older looked at his brother a bit suspiciously. “Okay…?”

Minho groaned and leaned back, stopping to abuse the poor innocent noodles on his plate with his chopsticks. He really couldn’t hide anything from his brother. “He’s a waiter at a café, satisfied?”

Jonghyun blinked a few times. Waiter? Café? He knew his brother only went to the same café he went to and there weren’t any waiters they didn’t know already except for one person. But it couldn’t be, right?  

“Wait…he is a waiter at a café. Our café?”

Minho nodded, not really knowing why Jonghyun suddenly seemed to be so interested in the matter. It wasn’t like the older wasn’t interested in the things he did or anything but it was somehow strange how curious he suddenly was.

“How does he look?”

Gorgeous.

“Well, he’s really pretty.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, annoyed by his slow brother. This was really serious. “A bit more detail please.”

The younger frowned and looked at the other more closely. “Why does this interest you so much?” Did he want to snatch him away from him?

“Just answer the question,” Jonghyun cut him short and his brother sighed, leaning back and imagine the boy from this morning in front of his eyes with a smile. He could he forget such a beauty? It was impossible.

“Okay, he has blonde hair for starters and really sharp feline eyes.”

“High cheekbones?”

Minho stopped and looked at the older, surprised by what he had just said. How did he know? He just nodded slowly and crooked his head slightly.

“Pale skin.”

“Bow shaped lips.”

“Long legs.”

The brothers stared at each other, the meanwhile cold noodles on their plates totally forgotten.

“What’s his name?” Jonghyun asked quietly, afraid of his brother’s answer. It couldn’t be, right? It was simply impossible.

“Kibum…”

The older took a deep breath.

“Yours too?” Minho asked with a slightly shaky voice and Jonghyun nodded.

The two brothers stared at different points in the room, their minds blank and did not really know what they were supposed to think or do at the moment. They both had a crush on the same guy. This had never ever happened before. They normally didn’t even have the same taste nor did they ever take a liking in a male before. Not that it was a big problem, they were both open for such things but it was just…strange and kind of scary.

Sure sometimes people fell in love with the same person although it was rare they knew each other beforehand but they were freaking brothers, twins even. It was like impossible and still they had fallen for the same person at the same day on top of that. How was that even possible? Did fate want to play a prank on them? Well, this was everything else but funny.

The whole apartment was silent for quite a while and none of the brother moved much, still too shocked from what they had just found out.

“What should we do?” Minho asked quietly.

His brother shook his head. “I don’t know but what I do know is that this is not just some stupid high school crush,” he said and the other nodded, thinking the exact same thing.

Both of them had been thinking about the cute blonde waiter the whole day although they hadn’t really talked to him nor had they gotten to know him but it seemed to be some sort of love at first sight. None of the two believed that it would be over tomorrow or in a week or even a month. This was the first time they actually had the feeling to have fallen for someone and it was something none of them wanted to give away again.

How were they supposed to get out of this mess and on top of that:

What would Kibum think of this?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


They found out!

What will happen next?

Well, you'll have to wait until next week to get to know more~

Thank's for all your support but please write more comments *puppy eyes* They give me the motivation to write even more.

Alright see you all next week~