The Ice Rink - Jonghyun

Two Brothers One Lover

 

Second Date       –             Jonghyun:           Success

Third Date           –             Minho:                 Success

And now it was Jonghyun’s turn again. He had been so incredibly nervous on the first date (for him) and it wasn’t that he wasn’t nervous now but not as much as before. If Kibum really hadn’t liked them he wouldn’t have gone on three dates with them already, right? Right.

So there had to be something about them and Jonghyun would use this chance they got. They couldn’t mess up. They only wanted to show their best sides until Kibum was officially theirs then they could show him all of their sides. Not that there was one bad side about them but they just wanted to be sure.

He wanted to go to the ice rink with Kibum since it was winter after all and it was just something a couple had to do at least once. Okay, they weren’t an official couple just yet but maybe that would change soon.

At least he hoped so.

 

Jonghyun had already gotten ready and had left the apartment complex he had his brother lived in a few minutes ago. He wanted to pick Kibum up for their date (blame the gentleman inside of him) so they could get there together and Kibum wouldn’t have to worry about finding the place first.

The brunette ran the bell and Kibum opened only a few seconds later, smiling widely as he saw the older.

“Hi Jonghyun,” he said cheerfully and stepped out of his apartment, closing the door behind himself and locking it.

“Hey Kibum, you look breathtaking as always,” Jonghyun said with his famous, charming smile and Kibum slapped his arm lightly, turning his head away to hide his shy smile.

“Save the compliments for later,” he said and Jonghyun grinned, leading the way towards the ice rink.

They had to take the subway and it was busy as always. Kibum made sure to stay behind the older since he didn’t want to get lost. He wanted to reach out for his hand but was unsure if it would be a smart move. He really wanted to but he didn’t, afraid of going to far with his actions.

Well, he didn’t have to worry because a moment later a warm hand grasped for his smaller one and intertwined their finger into a gentle, almost reassuring grip.

Jonghyun turned around to Kibum who was smiling happily, his cheeks rosy from the cold weather but his eyes were sparkling and his right hand was pleasantly warm.

The older chuckled, pulling the blonde into a train and making sure he wouldn’t fall or getting shoved during their ride.

They got off the subway around 10 minutes later and Jonghyun led the way again, never letting go of the small hand in his because it just felt too good. He felt like he could show off like this, proudly shouting out to the world that he was going on a date with this beauty next to him and that he was the one holding his hand.

Kibum didn’t seem to mind at all which was good. He himself was smiling the whole time, probably thinking the same about how a handsome man like Jonghyun was willing to hold his hand so openly.

He had feared the older might be one of those guys who were secretly gay and no one was allowed to know about their relationship which meant they could only meet at home and never go out on dates in public because someone might see them and spread the new all over the world.

But Jonghyun wasn’t like that. He didn’t hide the fact that he was interested in a boy even if they got some nasty glances or some older people even pointed at them when they were standing so close and gazed into eachothers’ eyes like they held to answer to the question of why they were living and had only met each other now and not years earlier.

“Do you know how to skate?” Jonghyun asked curiously, breaking the comfortable silence between them.

Kibum was hesitant for a few moments before he nodded slowly. “A bit…I know how I can get forward but I’m not really good at it. I mostly fall down when I don’t have someone who helps me to stop,” he admitted with a shy grin and Jonghyun nodded, making a silent victory dance inside of his head.

“Well, I’ll make sure you won’t fall,” he said, sounding like the hero of the day, grinning proudly and giggled quietly.

“That would be nice, prince charming,” he replied and Jonghyun laughed.

“Of course, milady,” he said with a small bow and Kibum snickered.

Some people turned around to them but they couldn’t care less. They should just mind their own business.

 

Jonghyun bought the tickets for them, ignoring Kibum’s slight protest because he always paid but he ignored it, smiling as he saw the younger pout and puff out his cheeks.

He carried their skates and they sat down on a bench to change their shoes, sharing a locker and they going through the door.

They were met by cold air and Kibum shivered once slightly.

“Are you cold?” Jonghyun asked concerned but Kibum shook his head.

“It’s okay and it’ll get warmer when we skate, right?” he asked with a smile and the older nodded.

He stepped onto the ice and turned around, waiting for the younger to follow him. Kibum stepped onto the ice as well, his steps a bit shakier than the elders’.

“There you go,” Jonghyun praised once Kibum was back next to him and he reached out to grab his gloved hand once again, holding him securely and giving him some support.

“Ready?” he asked and Kibum nodded.

The first few rounds were still shaky and the blonde slipped a bit from time to time but Jonghyun always made sure he wouldn’t fall, going in a slow pace until Kibum was more comfortable which didn’t take long to happen.

Soon they were skating in a relaxed but still swift pace, holding hands and talking to each other over the loud music.

Some Christmas songs were played as well since it wasn’t far away anymore and some love songs for all of the couple that were at the ice rink and Jonghyun sang along to ‘Last Christmas’, making Kibum smile and giggle at his clumsy pronunciation.

“You have a really nice voice,” he said. “Can you sing more for me?” he asked pleadingly, his eyes turning big like kittens’ that was asking for a cuddle session.

“I sing something for you later, okay?” Jonghyun asked with a smile and Kibum nodded happily.

They stopped skating around half an hour later since it was slowly getting cold and they still wanted to be able to use their feet the next day. Skates weren’t the most comfortable shoes after all.

They went to a small café down the road and settled in a corner, both of them ordering a hot chocolate the help them warm up again.

“Soo,” Jonghyun asked and leaned in a bit more. “What did you do the last few days?”

Kibum looked like thought for a moment and recalled what happened during the last days. “Nothing out of the ordinary, I guess,” he admitted with a smile.

“I was busy at the café since somehow it gets a lot busier around Christmas. I guess the all want a little treat after buying so many presents and being in the cold for so long,” he said with agrin and Jonghyun nodded.

“Probably…I haven’t been at the café for quite some time,” he tipped against his chin in though. “College makes you busier than you want to believe but I should stop by again soon. I’m hungry for your coffee,” he said, making Kibum smile.

“The doors are always open for you and I’ll be waiting with a coffee à la puppy for Mr. Froppy.”

Jonghyun laughed loudly at that and nodded. “I feel honored. It’s not often you get a special drink just for yourself.”

Kibum smiled and took a sip of his hot chocolate, sighing contently as the liquid warmed him up from the inside out.

“And what about you?” he asked. “How’s college going?”

Jonghyun sighed. “Assignments, read this, read that, write an essay about this, research that, prepare this topic and inform yourself about that.” He shook his head. “Lots and lots of work but I can manage somehow. I have dates to look forward to after all,” he said with a grin and Kibum blushed a bit, looking away shyly.

“Do you want to come over to my house?” he asked, trying to change the subject and save him from being totally embarrassed.

Jonghyun grinned and nodded. “Sure.”

They finished their drinks and went back to Kibum’s apartment. It was furnished quite modern and at some points Kibum’s artsy personality peaked through.

“How come you live alone?” Jonghyun asked because Kibum was still a bit too young to live alone, right?

“I don’t…actually but my parents are almost never home. They are often on business trips and I get to stay here. But it’s okay,” Kibum said with an sweet smile. “My grandma often comes over to check on me and make sure I didn’t set the kitchen on fire.”

Jonghyun chuckled and nodded. “I live alone but only because it’s closer to my college and I wanted a bit distance between me and my parents since then can be a bit annoying sometimes when they always worry over you and tell you when you have to be home.”

Kibum snickered and nodded. “I guess that would get on my nerves as well but I can’t stay out too long anyway. At least not until I turn 18 and that still takes a while.” He sighed. “Anyway, are you hungry?”

Jonghyun shrugged. “If I doesn’t make too much trouble,” he said and Kibum laughed, shaking his head.

“Not at all since I’m hungry as well. I’ll fix us something and you can make yourself at home, okay?”

Jonghyun nodded and flopped down on the couch, resting for a bit while he listened to Kibum’s humming and the clanking of pots.

Only then he noticed a small, leather-bound book which laid in front of him. He frowned and leaned forward, looking at the site which was opened and his eyes widened as he saw a beautiful sketch of a dragon’s head.

He took the book into his hand and studied the drawing, noticing the small details like the dragon’s eyes which were drawn so that it looked like the creature was real and could jump out of the page to bite his nose off every moment.

“Jonghyun, is Spaghetti okay?” Kibum asked and looked around the corner, noticing the book in Jonghyun’s hands and he panicked a bit.

“Did you draw this?” the older asked and looked up at the blonde who nodded shyly.

“Yeah but those are just some silly sketches,” Kibum mumbled. Yes, he had promised to show Jonghyun some of his drawing but he would have liked to choose a few. His sketchbooks were always very dear to him and each of the pages held some personal memories or emotions but he could trust Jonghyun, right?

“Are you kidding me? These are awesome,” Jonghyun said and he carefully turned some pages and looked at the drawings. Kibum really had lots of talent.

“Really?” the younger asked, a slight hopeful tone in his voice and the brunette nodded furiously.

“Of course and yes, Spaghetti is perfect.”

Kibum smiled and turned back, biting one of his fingers to prevent a squeal from escaping. Jonghyun liked his drawings, Jonghyun liked his drawings~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm still alive!

After centuries of not updating I'm finally able to write something. I stopped at 200 words because I just had no inspiration at all (commenst always help!) and didn't know what to do.

Well, I'm back~

I wrote two other chapters for this story but I couldn't take them because they don't fit at the moment.

But I wrote two oneshots in the meantime so check it out if you're wonderingw hat I've been doing for this long:

Got To Dance - Jonkey, Fluff, Dance Audition   (Do I have to say more?)

Christmas Surprise - JongMinKey, , Fluff   (I'm still hiding for this by the way...and I know Christmas is still far away, you don't have to tell me. Just give it a try and tell me your thoughts about it.)

I'm working on another oneshot as well and I'll probably update it soon. I'll post the link in the next chapter if you're too lazy to check my profile. Don't worry, I'm like that too...

Okay now, sorry again for the huge delay, I'll try to be more reliable in the future.

Bye, bye~