How Did It Feel? - Kibum

Two Brothers One Lover

 

“Aaaaaaannnd?”

“I told you already, it was a really nice evening and he walked me home,” Kibum said and continued with drying off the cups he had just cleaned with a towel.

Amber gave the blonde her famous are-you-serious look and crossed her arms in front of her chest. “You don’t seriously expect me to believe nothing else has happened?” she questioned and Kibum sighed in defeat. He really had some noisy people as friends. Why did he choose them again?

Amber had been bugging him about this topic for half an hour already although she had customers to take care off. They just had to wait for their coffee longer than normal.

“Alright, alright,” Kibum rolled his eyes. “He also kissed my cheek, wished me sweet dreams and texted me once was home, saying he missed me. Happy now?”

Oh god this sounded so….so….just so….strange? No, that wasn’t the right word. Kibum just couldn’t believe all of this had happened just a day ago. He still felt like his right cheek was now more special than his left one and he never wanted to wash it again but that couldn’t get a bit difficult after some time. He would have to ask Jonghyun for another peck once the special spark wore off.  

Amber squealed and clapped her hands, grabbing the poor boy and squishing him against her chest. “Aww I’m so happy for you!” he continued to squeal, cuddling the protesting blonde close like a teddy and danced around with him. She could get a bit too excited sometimes.

“My baby is finally growing up,” she said, sounding like a crying mother whose daughter just told her about her first boyfriend. She sometimes acted like one…

“Amber,” Kibum mumbled because some people in the café were looking at them quite oddly, wondering what the heck was going on over there. He tried to push the girl away but she just tightened her hold around him, not giving him a chance to escape somehow.

“No!” she said firmly. “I wanna have this moment because soon you’ll be going into the big, big world and leave me behind.”

Oh boy. Kibum sighed and let her have this special moment for a bit longer before he was finally released. He straightened out his clothes and went back to drying off the still waiting cups on the counter. It wasn’t like he would be disappearing all of the sudden and never come back again.

“Soon he’ll be leaving me,” Amber sobbed behind him and he just sighed one more time. She wasn’t his mother after all.

But it seemed the girl kind of believed that. If felt like he had been talking to his mother and that was kind of scary since Amber really wasn’t the motherly type of person who took care of everyone else and cooked for the hungry children. Nope, she would be sitting at the table, fork and knife in her hands and nagging at the one who was cooking to cook faster because she was hungry. Yeah, that seemed more like her.

Kibum shook his head to get all those thoughts out of his head and counted how many cups he still had to dry off. There were 7 left.

“How did it feel?”

The blonde stopped what he was doing and glanced at Amber next to him who was taking care of an order from the man in front of the counter.

“What am I supposed to say?” Kibum murmured, looking down and hoping the girl would let him be just this once but please, we were talking about Amber here.

“Come on, you know what I mean. What did it feel like why he kissed your cheek? Did you want to punch him because it was a slippery, disgusting, wet kiss?” She acted like she wanted to give Kibum a smooth but he pushed her away with a faint blush crawling up his cheeks.  

“Geez, no, you’re disgusting,” he said and the girl laughed, receiving some money from the disturbed looking man who quickly grabbed his coffee and fled from the scene. Great, they had just successfully scared a customer away.

“But you must have felt something,” the brunette kept on bugging and Kibum serious wished he had a pair of earplugs or headphones to block her out but even then she would probably or more most certainly find a way to ask him something and continue to annoy him. It was her job and she took it very serious.

He sighed the nth time for that day, finally surrendering. “Well it felt good….I guess,” he said and it sounded quite awkward in his own ears.

Amber rolled her eyes. “Oh how glorious, now all I need is a bit more detail besides an ‘it felt good’.”

“I liked it, okay?” Kibum snapped, now finally fed up with the girl. “It was like…like….I don’t even know because everything happened so fast and I just stared into his eyes and….I just couldn’t believe that he really did that so I was kind of shocked but….also happy I guess. I mean….I was kind of hoping for it but then again I was so surprised he really did it. He could have just walked away like that. He didn’t have to do it on the first date, not that I’m complaining, not at all. I was just like….wow….he just kissed my cheek. You know that when you have this funny feeling inside of you that you just want to scream and jump around….I kind of felt that way but I didn’t do it of course,” Kibum rambled on and on and only then noticed the smug grin on Amber’s face.

“What?” he asked meekly.

“You are soooooo head over heels in love with that guy,” she said and Kibum’s eyes widened, his cheeks getting redder. It was enough to give him away but he wouldn’t give up that easily.

“I’m not!” he protested and the girl laughed at him.

“You are! Just look at you, you look like a tomato and I don’t want to list of often you repeated the same words just a second ago.”

Kibum glared at his friend with hatred and turned around with a hmpf, not glancing back and drying off the cups furiously as if to take out his frustration on them. He heard how Amber continued to snicker even as she served other customers but he stubbornly ignored her for at least an hour If not the rest of the day.

Sometimes a ‘Maybe Jonghyun will come over today’ or ‘Did you say I love you yet?” was whispered in his ear but he didn’t react. At least not by speaking….but his cheeks stayed a tad rosy.

 

Kibum went home once his shift was over, relieved he was finally able to escape Amber’s never ending questions about his date. She had wanted to know ever little detail but she wasn’t his mom!

“Mr. Kim!” someone called and Kibum looked up, spotting the caretaker walking towards him with quick steps just when he entered the apartment complex. The blonde frowned, not knowing what was going on. There wasn’t anything wrong in his apartment, right?

“I’m glad I was able to catch you,” the man said with a smile and only then Kibum noticed the thing he held in his hand.

“A young man came over a few hours ago and said I should give this to you personally. He said it was very important and that he missed you.”

Kibum blinked at the man stupidly before he was able to regain his thoughts. “O-oh…thank you,” he mumbled and took the think out of the man’s hands. It was very light and looked a bit like a stick wrapped into red wrapping paper.

The caretaker nodded and said goodbye to the still stunned blonde who managed to take the lift to his floor after a few moments of staring at the gift blankly.

He still hadn’t a clue who the mysterious young man could be as he closed the door behind himself and put his things away.

He took the gift and sat down on the couch. He carefully undid the wrapping paper and took out a beautiful red rose. What was going on? Who would give him a red rose all of the sudden?

Wait, what was that?

There was a small piece of red paper tied to the rose’s stem and he took it off, afraid it might get damaged so he was really careful.

Kibum unfolded the paper and was greeted with a simple sentence written in beautiful letters.

Did you know I had to borrow my friend’s heart yesterday because you stole mine?

-Jonghyun

It was such a cheesy line but it had Kibum smiling like an idiot. Happiness bubbled up inside of him and he squealed quietly, biting into a corner of a pillow because there was too much going on right now. He jumped onto his feet and ran through his apartment like a crazy man, jumping up and down and it felt like he was close to crying.

He read the sentence again and again and couldn’t get enough of it. It was so damn cheesy but he loved it. It was just so…so…. It took his breath away and his mind was all fuzzy. He felt like he could lift a car with his bare hands and he just wanted to go out there and scream once until his lungs hurt.

“Okay….okay, calm down, calm down, everything is fine,” he tried to calm himself and breathed in and out slowly.

He picked up the rose from the couch and locked at it with sparkling eyes. After a second of thinking he quickly went to get a vase and filled it with water, placing the rose inside of it and admiring it from different angles.

Kibum really was just a bundle of happiness at the moment and he skipped to his room, digging out a small box where he placed the piece of paper inside.

Amber had been right, he indeed was head over heels in love with Jonghyun. Smiling over such a simple sentence surely wasn’t normal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Almost on time! I'm getting better again~

I don't have anything to say this time besides thanks for all of your support, write comments as always and I love you~

See ya next time, bye bye~