Asking Him Out - Jonghyun

Two Brothers One Lover

 

Alright so there was Jonghyun standing in front of a mirror and looking at himself from every possible angle to be sure he looked absolutely perfect and nothing was out of place. He had thought about his outfit the whole previous day and had only been satisfied after the 15th set of clothes he had tried on. It was absolutely necessary to look good. He didn’t want to seem like a creep or anything. Who would go out with a scruffy looking guy? Right, no one.

He nodded at himself for encouragement and left his room to go to the front door. Minho looked up from his weird position on the couch. His legs where draped over the backrest and his head hung down from the edge, reading some of his notes from one of his classes upside down. He sat upright as he saw his brother going for the door, an unamused expression on his face since he knew where he was going.

“Well, well Mr. Stupid goes to capture the princess’s heart,” he said, half glaring at the older who only stuck out his tongue at him.

“You’re just jealous, Mr. Looser.”

Minho snorted at that and shook his head. “Whatever, don’t mess up.” With that he returned to his weird reading position, not caring that every sane person would call him crazy. Who in the world was able to study like this? Well, the two brothers had weird methods of studying so they weren’t even surprised anymore if they found eachothers’ notes on the celling, in their sheets or stuffed into their shoes.

They were boys after all so they had different methods from all those girls that wrote down everything in neat handwriting, memorizing it at the same time. It wasn’t unusual for them to lose their notepad only to find it lying in the fridge or in the bathtub the next morning. Well that’s how life was in their apartment and they had no problem with it. If they were to invite some girls over…they would have to dig out some cleaning tools like asap. Did they even have any?

Jonghyun just grinned and grabbed his coat, opening the front door and going out without another word. It wasn’t like he needed to tell his brother where he was going, he knew it anyway. Today was the big day where he would ask Kibum out. It was the day he had waited for so incredibly long already.

He was really excited and maybe also a bit nervous but he tried to act cool and normal, he didn’t want to attract too much attention with his stupid smiling like a love sick fool….although he may was one. A very handsome one on top of that…

Although he had never really talked to Kibum personally he had the feeling to know him. It was crazy, indeed, but it was a nice feeling. Like butterflies in your tummy and everything you see reminds you of you adored someone. Your eyes turn into pink hearts and you just melt on the spot every time you see him or her. To think he had never felt like this in his life ever before was horrible. How did he even survive like that?

He shook his head and took a deep breath as he stood in front of the café, taking the handle of the door and entering, the bell announcing another costumer’s presence.

He meanwhile knew Kibum worked every day from 8am to 5 o’clock in the evening. It wasn’t important when he visited the café, he would always have that cute polite smile on his lips and greet every costumer in a cheerful tone like they were the ones who made his day brighter. Well, maybe it had a bit to do with the tip he got almost every time but maybe he was just a cheerful and bubbly person who was in a good mood all day long, something very rare but also very precious.

Jonghyun sat down on a small table and stole some glances at the beautiful barista who worked behind the counter, preparing a coffee for someone like it seemed. He took the tablet and placed the drink down in front of a man who was reading a magazine and got a nod as thank you.

How could that person not look at the boy’s beauty? Well honestly, Jonghyun was relieved he didn’t because that man was way older than Kibum and like this he had him to himself…or so he like to think.

The blonde looked up and spotted him, looking away quickly as their eyes met. Jonghyun crooked one eyebrow and grinned. Was the little kitten shy? Well this could be fun.

He didn’t lose the grin even as Kibum approached him, his smile back in place and acting like nothing had happened just a few moments ago.

“Good afternoon, mister. What can I do for you?”

Go out on a date with me.

Fall in love with me.

Kiss me.

Oh and just call me Jonghyun.

“A coffee, please.”

The blonde nodded and scribbled it down. “Anything else?”

Your phone number.

“No, thank you.”

“Alright, I’ll be back in a bit,” he said with a dazzling smile and turned around to go back again. Had Jonghyun just imagined things or had Kibum’s cheeks been a tad rosier than normal. No way he was blushing already, he hadn’t even started flirting yet.

The brunette chuckled and shook his head, looking at the people outside through the huge window and waited for his coffee patiently. Kibum would always draw a small puppy on top of it and Jonghyun wondered if he did that with every person’s coffee because it surely was a lot of work. Maybe it was just something special for him. Oh he liked the thought of this.

He glanced over to the counter once more only to see the blonde boy clinging onto the arm of the girl who worked here as a barista as well. She had dark brown hair and seemed to be a bit like a tom boy. It was funny to see Kibum trying to keep her from doing whatever but the girl just slapped his hands away and said something towards the boy who now looked like a helpless kitty trapped in a corner.  

Jonghyun chuckled at the funny scene and wondered what they had been talking about. Kibum had seemed to be pretty flustered about something…maybe about something the girl had wanted to do. But why would he react like that if it wasn’t regarding him? Hmmm…mysterious.

Suddenly he felt a presence next to him and looked up to see the dark haired girl placing down his ordered coffee in front of him with a grin.

Jonghyun really tried to keep himself from frowning and showing his huge disappointment on his face. Why her? Until now it had always been Kibum who had served him. Why was it different now? Had he done something wrong to scare the blonde off? He couldn’t remember doing something strange.

“Listen Romeo,” the girl said and Jonghyun blinked at her dumbfounded. “I know what you’re planning.”

Well . Wait, how did she know? What did she know? His plan? Jonghyun didn’t remember knowing or ever even talking to her. He didn’t even know her name and she didn’t seem to know his either so why did she know what he was planning.

“I suggest you do it soon because Kibum over there has a lot of admirers. Although he might have not noticed it but I’ve seen how you stare at him all the time and keep your eyes glued to him even if you drink your coffee.”

She noticed? Well maybe he hadn’t been as secretive as he had hoped to be. Damn it!

“And I also noticed how many times you come by just to order the same over and over again, grinning like a fool once Kibum looks your way or even talks to you so don’t try to deny it.”

Jonghyun gulped, not quite knowing what to think.

“Listen, if you don’t ask him out soon he’s either going to be heartbroken or he’s going to be snatched away by someone else so I suggest you make your move soon and better treat him well. I don’t want a heartbroken kitten to sob in my lab all night so hurry up.”

With that she went off and left a dumbfounded Jonghyun behind. The brunette blinked a few times dumbly before he turned his head back to the counter where he found Kibum peeking at him over the edge, jumping back and turning around to hide his red face as their eyes met.

Jonghyun grinned. So the blonde had feelings for him. Well this was getting better and better. He really should make his move soon.

He sipped on his coffee, drowning the content in the matter of a few minutes and stood up, making sure Kibum saw him strolling over to the counter to pay. The latter tried to get away, anywhere but the girl grabbed the back of his apron and shoved him forward towards the resister.

Jonghyun grinned at him and Kibum’s eyes darted around before they fell onto the floor.

“Y-y-yes please?” he asked quietly. Wow he sounded really shy. He seemed to have turn into someone else, his cheeks flushed and he nervously fiddled with his hands. He probably knew what the girl had said to the brunette. That’s why he had been so flustered before….very interesting.

“I’d like to pay,” Jonghyun said, seeing a small glint of disappointment in the blonde’s eyes.

“P-pay? Oh…yeah, yeah s-sure,” he mumbled and hit a few buttons on the register. “1.70$ please.”

Jonghyun fished some money out of his pocket and laid it down on the counter. “Keep the change,” he said with a charming smile and heard the girl snort quietly in the background but ignored it.

“Thank you,” the younger said softly. God, he was so cute when he was shy.

“Oh and…” the brunette leaned forward, successfully catching the Kibum’s attention. He peeked at Jonghyun from under his bangs shyly.

“How about a date, Kibum?”

The younger cheeks seemed to explode after he said those simple words and his eyes widened for a second before he looked down again.

“D-d-date?” he asked nervously, almost not able to speak the word out loud. “I-I-I…”

“He’d love to,” the girl said, laying an arm around the boy’s shoulders. “Right?”

“B-b-but I-I-” Kibum stammered, unable to form any kind of correct sentence.

“See? He agreed so when and where? Wait, just type in your number.” She fished Kibum’s white cellphone out of his pocket and handed it to Jonghyun much to the blonde’s embarrassment. Okay…Jonghyun really started to like this girl.

He saved his number under Jonghyun and quickly called his own cellphone so he’d have Kibum’s number saved for later.

“On Sunday, 2pm at the station, I’ll pick you up there,” he said with a wink and Kibum blushed even more, hiding behind the girl but nodded slowly, his eyes telling Jonghyun he was happy.

“Alright then…oh and before I forget, Jonghyun’s the name.” He sent the blonde another charming smile and waved as he walked off. “Til Sunday~”

He waited until he was a very hundred meters away from the café before he jumped up in the air and cheered loudly, dancing the rest of the way back to his apartment. The people turned after him as if he was some crazy person who had just escaped from its prison.

He had done it, he had asked Kibum out and he AGREED! The girl said he had feelings for him.

This was getting better every second!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Omo it has finally happend! Isn't that wonderful?

Yeah okay, I'll go to bed soon because I obviously have a lack of sleep but that's alright......I guess....

From now on I'm probably going to stress myself with the updates because I haven't writen any more in advance. I hope I'll manage somehow but please bear with me if the chapter is one or two days late. I'll try to update without delay but you know how it is. I can't really promise anything but I'll try my best.

I hope you liked it and comments are always w elcome, don't be shy~

See ya next time lovelies~