First Encounter - Jonghyun

Two Brothers One Lover

 

“Minho, get your lazy over here or we’re going to be late!” Jonghyun yelled from the entrance, having waited a few minutes already and he was slowly getting impatient, they were running short on time.

A few moments later his brother came jogging towards him with his bag in his hand and a toast caught in between his teeth, not having had the time to actually eat it at the table so he had to eat his breakfast while walking, not something he favored.

“Sorrwy, couldn’t fiwm my bomk,” he mumbled, the toast preventing him from speaking normally.

Jonghyun just sighed and tapped his foot inpatiently, annoyed by the slow pace the younger was tying his shoes.

“Geez, normally it’s me who can’t get up and that one day when I put effort in getting up early, you suddenly decided to be late. Great, just great,” he muttered under his breath and glared at his fringe that started to annoy him as well. He really needed a haircut…or was it handsome to have a long fringe? He needed to ask someone about that or research it online.

Minho chuckled once he had taken his breakfast out of his mouth and stood up, putting on his jacket and following his brother out of the door while the older continued to complain about being late and how mean the younger was.

Well he didn’t know if he could actually say younger and older because there were only a few minutes in between them, five to be exact. They were twins after all so they were pretty much the same….same age, same looks, same parents, same family name. Okay maybe not completely the same since their personalities were a bit different.

Jonghyun was crazy over music, instruments, singing and everything that had to do with it. He was hopelessly romantic, at least it was what the girls always said, was someone that everyone just described as the easy going cool guy and he knew half of Seoul….alright that would have been a bit too much but sometimes it felt like that.

Minho was a bit more reserved and liked to let his brother do the talking since he was really good with that but it didn’t mean he couldn’t talk for himself. He was always described as a good listener and someone who would keep a cool head even if the situation was stressful, not like the older who would run around like a headless chicken. He was a tad more athletic and better at soccer than the older but Jonghyun had more muscles than him even if it was just a bit.

Friends and family as well often didn’t know who was who since they looked like an exact copy of each other. The two themselves didn’t think so because they knew each other’s flaws and marks but others couldn’t see them or just didn’t have the time to look closely.

They had played a lot of pranks with that advantage already and confused quite a lot of people. It was funny how no one got the idea of them being twins or simply just didn’t believe them until both appeared at the same time in the same place.

It was getting colder outside and although it was still autumn winter was approaching quickly and no colorful leaves decorated the trees anymore. They were only weird shaped things at the side of the road now, not very pretty to look at and Minho already looked forward to Spring again when everything would come back to live, birds would chirp their songs outside and heavy clothing wouldn’t be needed any longer. He didn’t like the cold winter months very much but sometimes it indeed was pretty when the snowflakes whirled outside and Seoul looked like a place of a fairytale, covered in white powdery snow that crunched under your feet.

 

 

“Well then I guess I’ll see you later,” Jonghyun said and lifted his hand for a casual wave that was returned by his brother as they arrived at their usual parting corner where both of them needed to go separate ways.

“Yeah, yeah ‘til later.”

Like this they parted and continued their ways towards their colleges which weren’t the same obviously. Jonghyun had chosen a college that taught everything involving music while Minho had settled for sports management. But the two colleges were pretty close to each other so they had settled for sharing an apartment around this area. Their parents wouldn’t have let them go separately anyway, saying it was way too dangerous out there and they were still children that needed to be taken care of much to the boys’ annoyance since they were 18 after all and could look after themselves just fine. But living together wasn’t that bad, it was pretty funny actually and the two were glad they weren’t all alone the whole time. 

 

Jonghyun met up with his friends and they went down the road towards a little café since they hadn’t any classes for another hour or so. They had settled for eating breakfast together and talking a bit since college was hectic and you hadn’t much time to talk to your friends about personal stuff, free time was precious and it was mostly spent with sleeping if you hadn’t any upcoming exams.

They entered, escaping the chilly air outside and rubbed their palms together to get some warmth back. The temperatures had dropped over the night and Jonghyun didn’t like it at all, he was more the Spring and Summer type just like his brother.

The four boys sat down around a table in a corner and looked in the menu for something of their liking. Jonghyun settled for pancakes and a cup of coffee since he only ate cereal at home, nothing you wanted to eat longer than a few weeks but he was too lazy to make something properly for himself. Neither he nor his brother was a great cook so they lived on instant noodles, chips, cookies and take away food together with cola or energy drinks to stay awake and study for upcoming exams in the middle of the night. It wasn’t uncommon for them to eat a package of chips for dinner or just drink so much that they weren’t hungry anymore.

“Good morning, can I take your orders?” someone with a soft voice asked and Jonghyun looked up, the melodic sound leaving a slight ringing in his ears. He normally wasn’t very interested in the waiters but this certain one got his attention although he didn’t quite know why exactly.

It was a boy, probably a bit younger than himself with sunshine blonde hair and sharp feline eyes that twinkled playfully. He had striking high cheekbones and a cute button nose. His pink bow shaped lips formed a natural smile and he looked quite adorable to say the least. He had a notepad and a pencil in his hand to write down their orders and wore the typical clothing for a waiter, white button up shirt which’s arms were rolled up and black skinnies with a small black apron tied around his curvy hips.

“Oh god yes, I’m starving,” Kris said and caused the waiter to snicker behind his hand. “I’ll have this one here and an Americano please.”

Jonghyun’s eye wandered down to the waiter’s chest where a small name tag was fastened. Kibum it read and he smiled softly. A cute name, if fitted him somehow.

The blonde nodded and looked up at Lay, waiting for him to say what he wanted. The ordering went around the table until it was Jonghyun’s turn and he almost forgot what he had wanted so he quickly looked back at the menu to be sure he wasn’t ordering something strange…and maybe also to hide the fact that he had been staring.

“I’ll take a coffee and the pancakes,” he said with a smile, hoping not to look too creepy and Kibum nodded, writing it down.

“With or without cherries?” he asked with a crooked head and Jonghyun had to restrain himself from squealing at his cuteness. He wanted to pinch his cheeks and cuddle him close like he was some kind of pink teddy with a sign around his neck that said Please hug me!

“With please.”

“Alright, give me a minute and I’ll be back with your drinks,” the blonde said with a bright smile and put his notepad away, turned around and went off to the counter, his hips sawing from side to side and Jonghyun quickly looked away with a clear of his throat. Was it getting hot in here?

“You’ve been checking him out,” Suho said and grinned at Jonghyun who looked up at him with big eyes like he was just caught in the act.

“What? No, I haven’t,” he tried to defend himself maybe a bit to rushed but he really hadn’t been checking out that cute waiter…wait what?

“Oh no, of course not,” Lay said and smirked.

Jonghyun averted their gazes and tried to convince himself he hadn’t been checking out that guy. He had almost succeeded but all his efforts were thrown out of the window once Kibum returned with their drinks on a tablet and the brunette found himself amazed by how gracefully the blonde balanced it. Never before had he noticed how beautiful it could look to carry a tablet and put drinks down on a table.

Kibum placed the drinks down in front of him and Jonghyun looked at his coffee, blinking a few times because a cute puppy stared back at him. Not a real one of course. There was one drawn on the surface and Jonghyun smiled.

“There you go, your meals will be ready in a bit,” the blonde promised and left them again, that cute smile still present on his delicious looking lips.

The others laughed as they saw Jonghyun’s coffee but tried to be quiet because some other costumers were looking at them oddly.

“It looks exactly like you,” Lay said in between gasps and laughs. “Even he noticed how much you look like a dog.”

“I do not look like a dog,” Jonghyun said sulkily but he knew it was hopeless because he indeed did look like one.

They waited until their meals arrived and happily dug in. It tasted really good, like always. They often came here because it was near their college, the prices were fair and the quality was the best around here. Kibum must be new because Jonghyun had never seen him before and he meanwhile knew all of the waiters of the café.

He volunteered to pay this time and the other wiggled their eyebrows, saying he was using this as an excuse to stare at Kibum from close up. He only shook his head at his ridiculous friends but couldn’t deny there was a bit true about what they had said.

“Can I pay for the table over there?” he asked and Kibum looked up. He was glad it was Kibum and not the girl next to him. The blonde nodded and smiled.

“Sure.” He typed in some things and the register printed out the bill. “Alright that makes 30.80$ please.”

Jonghyun took out his wallet collected some money. “Make it 35§,” he said with his charming smile and he swear he saw Kibum’s cheeks getting a tad rosier.

“Thank you,” the blonde boy said and smiled at him. “Have a nice day.”

The brunette nodded and left the café with his friends, thinking about the cute waiter. Jesus, I said he wasn’t cute! *sight* Just forget it.

The others continued to about the boy and Jonghyun just decided not to listen to them any longer, preferring to zoon out and think about Kibum a bit more. He wondered why he worked at that café since he surely was still in high school but he either had to be graduator or had holidays at the moment and that thought left Jonghyun pouting. He wanted to have holidays as well but he had to wait quite a while longer before he had free time again. For now he only had the weekends for himself since the other days were filled with assignment and other stupid stuff. Who needs that anyway? Well complaining won’t help and he had a goal to achieve after all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


First chapter, yay!!!

How was it? I actually liked it to be honest and I really put some afford in it so I hope you enjoyed reading it as well. I have no idea why I chose the EXO members here but yeah...it just happened like that. Please excuse that I don't know them very well.

I think I'm going to update once per week, moster certainly on the weekens. The next chapters should be up on time since I've already written them down.

I'm sorry for any mistakes, I looked over it quite a few times but sometimes I just don't see everything

Thanks to my already 30 Skys! I'm so happy people are interested in what I'm writing. Please leave feedback so I can improve even more.

See you next time~