The First Date - Minho (Part 1)

Two Brothers One Lover

 

“So…” Minho started as the elder bounced into the living room after closing the front door, a huge smile plastered to his face and the hearts practically flying all around him and shooting out of his eyes.

“How did it go?”

Jonghyun turned around to him, the smile still in place and the younger didn’t know whether he should be worried about his brother’s mental state or not. The other almost jumped into his lap and Minho scooted away from him, wondering what kind of alien had taken over his hyung’s body.

“Jonghyun? Hellooo?” He waved his hand in front of his face and the older seemed to snap back to reality.

“He’s like a butterfly,” Jonghyun whispered lovingly, smiling at the opposite wall. “He seems to be plain but if you wait a while a beautiful butterfly is going to appear.”

Minho smacked his brother’s head with the heaviest book he had at the moment and the latter groaned in pain and held his head with a painful expression.

“Yah! What was that for?!”

“For creeping me out, Mr. Creep! I just wanted to know how it went and you’re telling me something about butterflies. Should I be worried about your health? Not that I’m not already but this is serious. Maybe we need to go to the hospital and let someone check if there is something wrong with your brai- YAH!”

Minho held his head now as well after a smack with the book and the brothers glared at each other with hatred for a few moments before both of them sighed and went back to staring at the wall. It was like impossible to win a staring contest against your own reflection.

“Now seriously, how did it go?”

Jonghyun started smiling again but this time not as creepy as before. “He was a stuttering mess and he was sooo adorable. Like seriously, he turns into a complete different person when he’s shy or embarrasses. The girl who works there, the one with the brown hair, you know?”

Minho nodded.

“Well, she told me to ask him out already because I was so obvious. So I did and she kind of arranged everything because Kibum wasn’t able to talk anymore. And he blushed so much! God, I wish I had taken a photo of him that moment. I have his number now, wait I’ll send it to you.”

Jonghyun fished his cell phone out of his pocket and sent the number to his brother. “Oh and our first date is one Sunday, 2pm in front of the station. I said I’d pick him up there.”

“You mean I’m going to pick him up there,” Minho said and the elder looked up from his phone, blinking at his brother dumbly.

“What?”

The younger smirked. “Since you asked him out, the next time is going to be my turn.”

Jonghyun opened and closed his mouth a few times like a gaping goldfish trying to get food. He had not really thought about that. “But….”

Minho quickly shook his head and shut his brother up. “No buts, the first date is my turn so back off.”

The older glared at him and the staring contest started once again although the younger knew he couldn’t lose this time.

“It’s what we agreed on so don’t complain and just shut your mouth, will ya?”

Jonghyun huffed sulkily but he knew his brother was right so he accepted his defeat. “Alright but if you mess up, I swear I’m going to rip you into pieces, throw them out of the window and then I’ll get Kibum back, understood?!”

Minho sneered at the other, not really caring for the thread. “Do whatever you want Mr. Stupid because I’m not going to mess this up. He’s going to love it.”

“Oh yeah sure, Mr. Romantic. What did you have in mind? Going to a nice fancy restaurant and shower him with compliments?” the older mocked but the younger couldn’t care less for his ridiculous brother.

“Maybe I will, maybe not. Who knows?”

Jonghyun laughed mockingly and with that the two brothers went to their separated rooms, fed up with each other.

Minho immediately started planning the first date because Sunday wasn’t so far away anymore. He listed different locations and things he could say to Kibum. He already stared with searching in his closet for a nice outfit he could wear. He had to look decent or he’d really screw up the first date and that was nothing he wanted. He wanted it to be perfect and memorable for both of them.

 

 

Sunday came faster than expected and Minho found himself standing in front of his full body mirror, checking himself out and looking one last time if he really looked good. He couldn’t deny he did. He nodded at himself, a habit he and his brother both had, before leaving his room and strolling to the front door with a content grin on his face.

The temperatures had dropped quickly the last days and winter had finally come. Some even said it would snow today but Minho didn’t believe that, it was juts cold outside but snow…nah, probably not.

“Hey Mr. Stupid,” Jonghyun said, walking towards his brother and Minho wondered what he wanted because he couldn’t quite read his expression.

“Just…..good luck, okay? And don’t mess up,” he said, sounding like he really meant what he said and Minho smiled.

“Don’t worry, I won’t mess up, he’s going to have the greatest time of his life.”

The older smiled and patted the younger’s shoulder before he turned around and went back to the kitchen. “I want to know every little detail once you get back,” he called and Minho laughed.

“Sure thing, see ya later.”

“Bye, bye and prepared for a lot a cuteness~”

Minho laughed quietly and left the apartment, walking towards the station with light any bouncy steps, already thinking about his and Kibum’s date. His destination wasn’t far but he wanted to be on the save side so he had left earlier than needed. He didn’t want Kibum to wait for him or to think he stood him up and all of this was just a joke after all. Oh no, something like that was not acceptable.

So there he was, waiting at the entrance of the station and looking around, hoping to find a mob of fluffy blonde hair in the crowd and he did after a while. A smile sneaked onto his face as he saw Kibum walking around, probably searching for him and his heart started to beat faster. He just hoped everything would work out and he wouldn’t make the blonde suspicious about anything.

But only then if finally dawned him this was really happening, he was about to have a date with the most stunning and cutest person in the world and he couldn’t wait.

The blonde had put on some skinny jeans which hugged his long, slender legs and some black and white sneakers. He wore the most adorable jacket Minho had ever seen maybe it was even a hoodie, he didn’t know. The jacket/hoodie was made out of white curly fur (which probably wasn’t real) and had a big hood with adorable ears on each side. Underneath the boy wore a grey sweater and he had a big round scarf wrapped around his neck which hid some of his face.

Minho’s smile widened and he carefully approached the blonde who still hadn’t noticed him. “Hey there,” he whispered in his ear and Kibum jumped in surprise. He turned around, looking at Minho with big eyes and a faint blush crawling up his cheeks. It could have been from the cold but the brunette liked to believe it was him who had caused this.

“Hey Jonghyun,” Kibum said and smiled shyly, looking at the other male from under his long lashes since he was taller than him. Gawd, he was adorable, just like Jonghyun had said. Oh wait, right, he had to remember he was Jonghyun. He wasn’t Minho but Jonghyun. He had to watch out or he wouldn’t react of Kibum called him that. It was somehow strange but it was good the blonde didn’t seem to notice the difference. It would have surprised Minho if he had on just the second meeting.

“You’re looking adorable,” Minho said with a sweet smile and watched with amusement how Kibum’s cheeks got even redder. He quickly looked down, hoping to hide his blushing.

“T-thanks….y-you’re looking good as well.” Oh, there was the stuttering. Minho really had missed out on a lot, hadn’t he? How Kibum could turn into someone so shy with just a few compliments was beyond him but it was freaking cute.

Minho grinned and laid and arm around the boy’s shoulder, gently leading the way. Kibum just went with it and somehow tried to hide in his scarf. Maybe that’s the reason why he decided to wear it, so he could always hide when he was too embarrassed to look at his date. Not fair, Minho wanted to see his flushed cheeks but he let it go for now, not wanting to fluster the young male more than he had already.

“So then, Kibum, tell me about yourself,” he said with a charming, encouraging smile, eager to learn more about his love.

“There is not much to say,” the blonde mumbled, fiddling with the hem of his sweater.

“Aww, come on, I’m sure you have a lot to tell,” Minho urged and Kibum glanced up at him before his gaze wandered back to his shirt again.

“Well I’m 17 years old, I’m working at a coffee shop, I like art and fashion…” he trailed off, not knowing what to say next so Minho helped him out a bit.

“Alright then, I’m Kim Jonghyun (God, that sounded strange), I’m currently going to college, I like sports and music, I at studying and always end up hanging upside down from the couch and people say I look like a dog.”

Kibum snickered behind his hand and Minho’s heart melted at the sound. He felt proud to have made him laugh a bit. At least he wasn’t totally awkward which was often the case on the first date.

“Well the last one is definitely true,” the blonde said with a smile, nodding to confirm what he had just said.

“Is that why you always draw a puppy on my coffee?” Minho asked with a grin and Kibum hid his face in his hands, peeking at the older from behind them.

“Have I been caught?” he asked innocently and the brunette laughed at his cute act.

“Yeah, you’ve been caught but it’s cute. Do you always draw an animal they resemble on a person’s coffee?” he asked almost teasingly and Kibum’s eyes shied away again. He bit his lip and it was enough to give him away.

“N-no…normally not,” he mumbled, getting quieter at the end.

“I feel honored,” Minho said and stopped since they had reached their destination. “Do you like Italian?” he asked, praying inwardly but it seemed he didn’t have to worry since Kibum looked up at him with wide eyes.

“How did you know?” he stammered, not believing Jonghyun knew what his favorite kind of food was.

“I read your mind earlier.”

The blonde blinked a few time, his mouth opening and closing, letting him look like he tried to come up with a response but was unable to do so.

Minho only laughed once again and petted his head. “You should have seen your face.”

“Yah, that’s not fair!” Kibum whined and slapped his arm. “And don’t touch my hair,” he said with a pout, fixing his hair once again because he hated to run around looking like swab.

“I guess I was just lucky,” the brunette said with a grin and shrugged, trying not to squeal at the other’s overloading cuteness. “Should we go in?”

Kibum nodded excitedly and blushed as Minho held the door open for him.

“Thank you,” he mumbled and entered the restaurant.

 

Minho’s plan would always work, not matter what.

Going to a nice, fancy restaurant and shower him with compliments.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The first time I hadn't written the chapter down beforehand and I'm already late T.T I'm so sorry but I randomly started a story idea and I just had to write it down and this was somehow totally forgotten....I hope you can understand since I also have school and all.

Did you like it? I just hope I'm not making Kibum too cute because he should be a bit sassy as well but I guess that'll have to come later when they know each other a bit more...

Tell me what you think~

Thanks for your support, comment my lovel Skys! <3

Bye bye~