Why Now? - Kibum

Two Brothers One Lover

 

Four months later.

It had already been four months since Kibum had been asked by Jonghyun if he wanted to be his boyfriend and he couldn’t be any happier with his relationship. The older was such a sweetheart and it was like he was able to fulfill every wish the younger had. He made him feel so special and loved, something none of his past boyfriends had done. Even his  own parents weren’t very loving. They mostly didn’t know how to approach their son so they didn’t do it at all.

They had gone on so many dates or hung out at one of their apartments, snuggled up into blankets and watching movies or lying on their beds and tell each other how their day had been. Sometimes they even just sat somewhere in total silence, watching each other secretly until one of them had to laugh and they started talking again. It was never awkward.

Kiss and snuggles were a daily basis by now and there were even some make out sessions here and there. Kibum wasn’t as shy as before anymore and sometimes his inner diva peeked through which was quite amusing for the other.

He still called him adorable and ruffled his hair which ended up with Kibum chasing his boyfriend because he messed up his hair style. It was very dear to him after all and no one was allowed to mess it up, not even his boyfriend although he kind of enjoyed all the affection he got.

The weather had gotten warmer again much to the couple’s relieve. Of course it had been fun to play in the snow like little kids and build a snowman family but both of them had missed the warm rays of the sun or walking around outside without freezing to death.

The winter months were always cold in Korea so you had to wear a lot of clothes to stay warm and sitting on a bench outside to enjoy the scenery was not even close to enjoyable and a picnic as good as impossible.

They looked forward to summer already where they could hopefully spend some nice days at the beach, playing in the water and building sandcastles. Other would probably give them judging look s but by now Kibum didn’t care for those anymore.

Those people just didn’t have anything better to do than annoying other people. They didn’t know them personally so why bother to pay attention to them? Most of them were just jealous anyway.

It had only happened one time where someone seemed to approve of their relationship. It had been some girl, what a surprise. They had stolen some glances at them when Jonghyun had fed Kibum with cake and had giggled behind their hands. Kibum was sure he had heard something like ‘They are so adorable’ or something like that.

It was nice to know not everyone was against you and wished you would just stop with what you were doing because it supposedly wasn’t normal. Those people were the worst. One old woman had even told them not to sit so close to each other because others might get strange ideas. Yeah…okay…

But all in all everything was just and simply perfect for the two of them. Jonghyun had celebrated his birthday a while ago and Kibum had gotten him a leather bracelet and a pair of star shaped earrings. Sometimes he wore them and sometimes the bracelet. He said he couldn’t decide what he loved more so he changed every time.

They had celebrated in the elder’s apartment with a small cake and a movie evening, nothing but it had been enough to show their love for each other.

 

 

“And then he made this face,” Minho said and made a strange face which caused Kibum to laugh loudly, some people turning around to them.

“That’s not true, I’m sure he didn’t look like that,” the younger said and shoved the taller lightly for being ridiculous.

“No, no, I swear! He did look like this,” Minho insisted and the blonde shook his head.

“Sure, sure.”

The older smiled softly and wrapped one arm around his boyfriend as they made their way through the crowd of people who were out to go shopping or do something else. It was finally a bit warmer again after it had rained for almost a week.

The sky had no traces of clouds and the sun started to feel warmer again, lifting up the peoples’ mood for once.

Kibum and Minho were on their way to the younger’s apartment to hang out a bit after they had taken a walk through the local park and had fed some ducks with small pieces of bread. The animals had seemed to love the blonde because they had all crowded around him and Minho had been left alone with two or three ducks which were lucky since they got way more bread that the other ones.

It seemed like his lover was quite loved by all kind of people….or animals.

Kibum took out his key and opened the door, still talking and laughing along with Minho as they took of their shoes and entered the hallway.

“Kibum!” an unknown male voice called and the blonde froze, his eyes widening slightly. What were they doing here? Weren’t they away on another business trip? Why had they come now? This was like the worst timing ever. He didn’t want them to meet Jonghyun now or anytime soon. If it was possible he had kept him away from them forever.

Minho furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at the slightly smaller male, trying to figure out what was wrong, if there was something wrong. It seemed like Kibum wasn’t exactly happy about this person’s presence at the moment. Was he hiding something from him?

A man in a business suit came around the corner, a grim expression on his face and a light bulb went off in Minho’s brain after some seconds of thinking. This was Kibum’s dad. Or at least he thought so. He didn’t know who else this was supposed to be. Oh my, how should he act? He was prepared for this.

“H-Hello, dad,” Kibum said quietly, feeling quite nervous at the moment because he knew how his father could be. He just hoped he had a good day today but judging from his expression it was not the case.

“Who is this?” the older man asked harshly. “Didn’t I tell you not to bring everyone with you? Do even know how many burglars there are in Seoul? Not everyone you think is nice has the intention of befriending you. I told you more than once already not to bring everyone you meet with you. This is our apartment and I’m generous enough to let you live here while we are gone. I could just put you in some other home far that time but no, I decided to put you in charge of this. If a single thing ever goes missing here, you’re going to pay with your pocket money.”

Kibum swallowed and keep his gaze locked onto the floor. Why did his father have to be at home right now? Couldn’t he at least have waited with his rant until Jonghyun was out of earshot?

“I know but Jonghyun here already is my friend,” he said quietly, hoping his dad would just let it slide for once but he didn’t of course.  It was Kibum’s father they were talking about after all, the man who never ever let something slide, not important how small it might was.

“Didn’t you just listen to what I said?” his father asked harshly, his eyes glaring at the young boy in front of him.

“But I-“

*slap*

“I decide the rules for this household and you better follow them,” the man said dangerously quiet.

“Yes, dad,” Kibum whispered, holding his aching cheek with one hand.

“Now get out of my sight!”

Kibum grabbed onto his boyfriend’s wrist and pulled him with him. The taller was far too shocked to say something and watched how Kibum’s father went back into the living room where he woman was talking to him quietly, most certainly his wife.

The blonde pulled the older in his room and closed the door behind them, touching his left cheek once more carefully and biting his lower lip.

Minho was quick to regain his posture and went over to the smaller male, taking his hand to remove it from his face so he could have a look a his cheek.

“Are you okay?” he asked worriedly and Kibum smiled weakly.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m sorry you had to see this,” he said quietly and wanted to turn his head and but Minho caught him by his chin and looked him in the eyes.

“Kibum, did this happen before?” he asked because he had this bad feeling in his stomach that this hadn’t been the first time for the older man to slap his son.

“I…” the blonde’s eyes wandered to the ground, searching for an answer because he didn’t want to tell Jonghyun. He was scared he might leave him for this.

“Kibum,” the older urged gently and the younger sighed quietly.

“A few times,” he admitted in a small voice and Minho took a deep breath, not believing what he had just heard. Why would anyone slap someone as nice and loveable as Kibum, his own father even?

“B-But it’s okay, really. It doesn’t happen often a-ad it doesn’t even hurt much it’s just-“

“Kibum,” Minho said once again and the addressed one shut his mouth, looking at Minho with pleading kitten eyes which almost broke his heart.

“Come here,” he said and hugged his boyfriend close.

‘I’m sorry,” the younger mumbled in his chest as he buried his face in the fabric of the elder’s shirt.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to apologize just tell me if he does anything, okay?” he asked worriedly and Kibum nodded softly at the request, glad Jonghyun didn’t seem to hate him even after this.

“My little pumpkin,” the older mumbled with a smile and petted the blonde’s hair like he would pet a cat’ fur.

 

Later that day Minho told Jonghyun what had happened today and almost had to knock his brother out so he wouldn’t go any beat up their boyfriend’s father.

“How dare he to lay a hand on Kibum!” he yelled and kicked their sofa.

“Calm down,” Minho said and explained Jonghyun everything.

“If I ever see that I’m going to beat the out of him without having regrets,” the slightly older said and Minho sighed. Jonghyun liked to think with his fists sometimes although he would probably help him if that day every came.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hello guys *waves carefully from behind corner*

Do you still know me? Yes? I'm this person who never updates her stories on time anymore *laughs nervously* Yeah that's me.

But! This chapter had excatle 1,800 words! Isn't that cool? Yes? Yes? No? Okay, I think it's cool. And finally there was a bit of action...okay not really but maybe you know what I mean...maybe not. I know I'm rambling and I should get to the point already.

Maybe some of you already saw it today in my other story but Princess-Unicorn and I are writng a story together. I mentioned this in the last chapter as well and I'm gonna the link here now. The story is called Wild Rose and is also SHINee based with JongKey and just everything your heart desires. It would mean a lot to me if you just go and check it out, maybe you'll even like it.

That's it for this chapter. I hope you liked it and see ya next time~