The First Date - Minho (Part 2)

Two Brothers One Lover

 

“So you like art?” Minho asked as they ate the delicious food they had ordered. He really wanted to know more about Kibum, know everything about him but that would let him look like a stalker or some kind of creep so he settled for the step by step tactic. He didn’t want to scare the younger away after all.

“Well, I enjoy drawing and photography so I guess you could say that,” Kibum said shyly. Although it may sounded a bit rushed but he really liked Jonghyun. He was just…different from all the other guys who had asked him out until now. Most of them just wanted to go to a club with him or go drinking and they always said it didn’t matter that he was underage. He had the feeling they just wanted to go out with him because of his looks even if he didn’t understand why. It wasn’t like he was a beauty or anything although he liked to think or say that but deep down he knew he wasn’t very special.

But Jonghyun was different. He…he seemed liked he really wanted to get to know him, something Kibum hadn’t experienced like this before. Amber said he always looked at him like a lovesick fool whenever he was in the café.

The thought of that made his heart jump a bit out of happiness. Who wouldn’t want an admirer like Jonghyun? He was tall, had big, playful eyes which reminded him of a puppy and sometimes even a frog, perfectly styled brown hair, nice defined muscles…how my, Kibum had to watch out or he would start to blush because of his wild running imaginations.

It made his heart flutter to think someone like Jonghyun was interested in him. Maybe that’s why he was so shy, he didn’t want to make a mistake. He knew his personality was a bit twisted and sometimes he was difficult to get along with so he tried to only show his best side. Maybe Jonghyun would turn out to be the perfect partner and he didn’t have to fear he might leave him because of his slight divaish attitude. But all of this was still far away so he shouldn’t worry too much about those things right now and just enjoy the date.

“Really?” Minho asked surprised. “I would love to see your drawings one day, I’m sure they are amazing.”

Kibum blushed and lowered his head. How did Jonghyun find out his weakness so fast? He loved getting complimented but always went shy at those.

“Thank you, I could show them to you someday if you want.” Stupid Kibum, he just said he wanted to see them!

Minho smiled at the shy boy in front of him. “I’d love to.”

The blonde nodded. “And what about you? You said you liked music…can you play an instrument?” Way to go Kibum, just be totally awkward and he’ll run away in no time.

Minho almost said no but he had to remember what he and his brother had agreed on. “Yeah I can play the guitar but I’m not that good at it.” Phew, good safe.

“Can you play something for me once?” Kibum asked with big sparkling eyes and Minho melted to a pink puddle of goo on the floor.

“Sure.” That would be Jonghyun’s task since Minho really couldn’t play the guitar at all. It was just a mess of strings and strange dots for him so…yeah.

They talked and talked, slowly getting more comfortable around each other. Of course there was still this famous first-date-atmosphere but that was alright. It would get better as time went by and now they only focused on getting to know each other.

“So how come you work in that coffee shop?” Minho asked after swallowing a piece of pizza.

“I…don’t really know what I want to do as a job yet so I decided to earn some money in advance while I’m not going to college or university,” Kibum said. “I think it’s better than just sitting around all day…..and….” He lowered his head and bit and bit his lip as if he suddenly went shy.

“And?” Minho urged with a smile.

“That’s how we met…” the blonde mumbled quietly and Minho swore he saw his cheeks getting redder again. He chuckled and nodded.

“Yeah and I’m quite glad about that.” It was true. Minho really was glad he had met Kibum and he was sure he was the right one for him. He just had to convince the boy of this and show him he was the best boyfriend out there. The only issue was that his brother and him needed to share the barista…

Kibum looked up at him from under his long lashes and smiled softly. “Me too,” he admitted shyly and Minho’s heart made a jump in victory.

He was so glad he had the chance to talk to Kibum like this and treat him for lunch/dinner.

They talked until it slowly got dark outside and they decided to go home since it was getting late. Minho insisted on walking Kibum home and the latter gave in after a bit, not mentioning he secretly enjoyed this. Jonghyun really was a gentleman. How did he deserve someone like him? He just hoped the brunette wouldn’t grow tired of him soon. It would probably break his heart.

They walked in comfortable silence, their breath forming small clouds in front of their mouths. It wasn’t long until they arrived at the apartment complex Kibum lived in.

The younger turned to Minho. “I really liked it today,” he said and smiled happily. “Thank you.”

Minho grinned proudly. “I’m glad you weren’t scared off by my awkwardness.”

Kibum snickered behind his hand and shook his head. “No, not at all.”

“That’s good.”

They stared into each others’ eyes, drowning in their deepness and not being able to form any straight thought. It just felt right, like they were meant for each other. Although they hadn’t known each other for long but there was already this feeling like they knew everything about the other. Of course it wasn’t true but it was what their quickly beating hearts told them.

They almost didn’t notice the small snowflakes falling slowly from the sky and melting on the pavement until Kibum saw them settling down in the Minho’s dark hair.

“It’s snowing,” he whispered and looked up, his palms facing the sky to catch some of the cold flakes in his hands. He looked like a small child who saw snow for the first time in his life.

Minho looked up as well and smiled. It was like in one of those cheesy romantic movies everyone watched on Christmas Eve. Too bad there wasn’t some mistletoe around here. Maybe he had to take one with him next time.

“Yeah,” he breathed. “Do you like snow?” he asked quietly, afraid of destroying the somehow romantic atmosphere.

“Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t…it depends,” Kibum said and grinned. “I kind of like to play in the snow but I also hate it because it’s cold and wet.” He smiled but then shook his head and sighed. “I sound like a child, don’t I?”

Minho chuckled. “A very pretty child,” he admitted and winked at the other as he looked up at him.

“Stop making me blush,” Kibum muttered and hid behind his scarf, half pouting, half glaring at the brunette opposite of him.

“But you’re cute when you blush,” Minho reasoned.

“But I don’t want to be cute,” the blonde protested with a pout. “Can’t I be handsome or…or manly? He asked almost pleadingly and looked at the older with big kitten eyes.

“Aniyo, kittens can’t be handsome or manly,” Minho said with a grin and Kibum only blinked dumbfounded.

“Kitten?” he asked bewildered and looked up at the brunette who just continued to grin and then nodded.

“Yeah, you remind me of a kitten with your feline eyes.” He tapped the blonde’s nose and almost awed as the younger scrunched it up and shook his head.

“I’m not a kitten,” Kibum said and stomped his foot determinate but it only let him look even cuter.

“Oh yes you are.”

“No!”

“You are~”

“I am not!”

“You can’t deny it~”

“When I’m a kitten then…then…you are a froppy!”

Now it was Minho’s turn to blink dumfounded.

“What is a froppy?” he asked and Kibum grinned smugly at him.

“You look like a mixture somewhere between a frog and a puppy so you are a froppy,” the younger explained like it was the most normal thing on earth to make such a conclusion.

Minho just laughed after some seconds and nodded. “Alright then I’m your froppy as long as you are my kitten.”

Kibum blushed once again. “We’ll see about that,” he said but still had to smile.

Silence took over once more and it slowly started to snow heavier, the temperatures probably dropping below 0°C and their breaths forming little clouds in front of their mouths.

“I guess I should go,” Kibum said quietly and Minho nodded understandingly.

“Thanks again for today,” the younger said with a smile and was in the middle of turning around as Minho grabbed onto his wrist spontaneously and spun him around again so he was in his embrace. It’s now or never.

The blonde opened his mouth to ask what was going on but was silenced as a small peck was pressed onto his right cheek and his brain stopped working.

“Sweet dreams, Kibum,” Jonghyun whispered in his ear and he almost shivered at his deep, y voice. A blush crawled up his cheeks once more without his knowledge but he would have blamed it on the cold weather anyway.

He was like frozen for a few moments before he came back to life and blinked rapidly. “S-s-sweet d-dreams,” he stuttered back and was embarrassed about how easily he could be turned into a mess.

Jonghyun just smiled as him and loosened his hold so Kibum could step back.

The younger turned around after a few seconds, going for the door and unlocking it. He turned around one last time, waving at Minho shyly and the older waved back with his famous love sick smile.

The blonde entered the apartment complex and went upstairs, smiling like a fool and touching his cheek carefully.

Minho stood outside and waited for a few more moments until he turned around and jumped up in the air, yelling once loudly before he looked around and quickly went away so no one could call the police or anything. They probably thought he had gone mental.

Maybe he did but he was just too happy to care.

“Bacause I’m happy

Clapp along if you feel like a room without a roof~” he sang and danced a bit, ignoring everyone who stared at him like he was a freak.

But who cared? He just had a date with Kim Kibum!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I. HATE. MY. LAPTOP.

No, not really because I actually love it but I caught a virus (once again) and I seriously couldn't visit AFF anymore for almost an entire week! On top of that we got a puppy on Sunday so I had even less time to write something.

I hope you can understand but I really wasn't very motivated by the two commenst I got for the last chapers. Is it really too much to ask for a bit of feeback?

*sigh* Okay sorry, I had a long day but just...you know what i want to say.

I hope it wasn't too confusing witht eh Jonghyun/Minho mix...

Thanks for reading, subscribing, blablabla you know the deal

See ya~