You Lied To Me?

Two Brothers One Lover

 

Kibum was skipping along the sidewalk, a slight bounce in his light steps as he made his way through the other people and slowly got closer to his destination. It was a warm, late summer day and there was not a single cloud which could have blocked the slowly setting sun. An absolutely perfect day in his opinion.

The sky was still blue but started to get a bit more yellowish and orange, making the light a tad more dim. Kibum loved this, he could just stay here and watch the sun setting, the play of colors which spread over the sky and not worry about anything but he had something else in mind.

He was on his way to his boyfriend’s apartment, planning a surprise visit. Normally he would announce himself before, blame the way his parents raised him, but not today. He didn’t know why but he longed for his lover, he wanted to see him again although they had just seen each other a day ago.

Maybe he wanted to watch the sunset with him, he didn’t know but he had to follow his instincts so here he was on his way to Jonghyun’s apartment. He didn’t share it with anyone else so it shouldn’t be a problem, right?

It was true that his relationship with the older was a tiny bit difficult at the moment but he didn’t want to sulk over that. He was convinced it was only because Jonghyun was so busy because of school and he himself might just interpret too much in every action. He didn’t intend on doing it but he couldn’t stop himself. He felt like he was some kind of high school girl with her first crush (once again) and now he researched everything the other said or did.

He would pay attention to every small detail and sometimes he noticed stuff that wasn’t even there…well, at least he thought so.

Soon he found himself in front of Jonghyun’s apartment door and typed in the password which he had gotten from his lover quite some time ago. He had never used it until now but things were about to change. They had been dating for more than nine months already so they trusted each other enough to do this.

The door opened and Kibum peeked inside curiously, entering and closing the door behind him again. It had been a bit awkward the first few times he had visited his boyfriend but soon he felt at home on this apartment as well. It was comfy and typical home for a male in Kibum’s opinion. Not a lot of decoration but somehow still stylish and welcoming. Except for that one time where the older had tried to bake a cake…

“Jonghyun,” Kibum called as he took off his shoes and walked over to the living room only to see his boyfriend standing there with an unreadable expression on his face like he had just seen a ghost. He gaped at the blond with big eyes and his mouth hung open.

Minho was freaking out inwardly. Oh god, oh god, oh god. What should I do? I can’t kick him out but what if Jonghyun comes now? Oh god, please, someone save me from this mess!

Just as Kibum wanted to ask what was wrong someone else interrupted him.

“Minho? Did you call me?” Jonghyun asked and appeared next to his brother, freezing as he saw Kibum standing there.

Oh .

Kibum shrieked and stumbled backwards until his back met the wall rather harshly. His hands came up to clasp together over his rapidly beating heart, staring at the two identical males in front of him with big eyes.

What was happening? This wasn’t real, right? Jonghyun had said he lived alone but there was an exact copy of him standing there and….and…who was the real one? Was this some kind of sick joke? What was going on?

Jonghyun and Minho looked at each other, both of them slightly panicking.

“Kibum, we can explain,” the said at the same time and took some steps closer to the blond who slid down the wall until he was sitting on his , his eyes still focused on the brothers.

His mind was racing and he could hear his blood rushing in his ears. He was going crazy, he was slowly but surely going crazy. Now he saw everything double. This was not real, this was just a stupid dream and he would wake up in his comfy bed in a second and his boyfriend wouldn’t have a clone. Everything would be normal and he wouldn’t be going crazy.

The two brothers kneeled down in front of Kibum, looking at him worriedly because his breath came out in short pants and he looked like he was about to hyperventilate from the shock. The youngest squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head, looking like he was telling himself all of this was just a dream.

“This is not real, this is not real, this is not real” he mumbled, trying to convince himself of his words but he didn’t seem to succeed.

The two brunettes exchanged a glance once more and Jonghyun carefully lifted a hand, touching Kibum’s arms but the blond flinched away from the contact which broke the elder’s heart.

“Kibum, please, we can explain,” he said and his lover looked at him, confusion and a bit of fear clouding his chocolate brown eyes.

“W-what is g-going o-on?” he asked with a small, insecure, almost wavering voice, looking at the brothers like a lost child.

Jonghyun and Minho both took a deep breath before they started to speak again and Kibum was even more freaked out about this. They did the exact same things, they said the same things at the same time, they looked the same, they had the same voice, the same, slightly messy hairstyle, the same puppy/frog eyes, the same muscular arms and board shoulders and the same worried but also slightly helpless expression on their face.

“Look,” the left one started, the one that had been quiet until now. He sounded exactly like Jonghyun but so did the other. “I know this is all a bit confusing and probably also quite scary for you but I…we…” He looked at his clone helplessly who looked just as lost as him.

“We’re both Jonghyun,” the other one said.

Kibum couldn’t believe his ears. Had…had he just said…both…of…them…were…J-J-Jonghyun?

“W-w-what?” Kibum asked, his voice cracking and his eyes burning. Why? Why did this always happen to him? Couldn’t he be happy for once? Why did it never work out for him?

“We…we’re twins,” the left one said again. “I’m Minho and that is Jonghyun. We both…”

“Dated you,” Jonghyun continued quietly, watching closely how Kibum’s eyes widened even more and some small tears rolled down his cheeks.

Oh god they…they just ed up, didn’t they. They had made Kibum cry, they were so damn stupid.

“Y-you l-lied to m-me?” Kibum whispered, his voice weak and in a higher pitch than normal.

“Kibum, please, let us explain,” Minho said desperately and reached out to touch the blond’s shoulder but the boy flinched away from his touch and looked at him with hurt eyes, tears still running down his cheeks like rivers and dropping down onto the floor.

“Kibum,” Jonghyun pleaded but the youngest just shook his head and struggled to his feet, trying to dash away, out of the front door to run and hide under his covers at home. He just wanted to bawl his eyes out and erase Jonghyun from his life.

This whole time he had been lied to.

He had managed to get to his feet after a few struggles but didn’t come far because a pair of muscular arms wrapped around his waist and prevented him from going anywhere. He struggled to get away, not wanting to be close to those liars anymore but he was way too weak, he had always been.

Minho carefully moved towards the couch with the unwilling Kibum in his arms, his feet barely touching the ground.

“N-no, no, let go, l-let go, let me go,” the blond protest, squirming around and hitting the brunette. He had no idea who it was, whether it was Minho or Jonghyun, he had not a clue.

The two brothers sat down on the couch in the living room, Minho having some trouble with the squirming boy but he wouldn’t let him go now. They would never get a chance to explain themselves ever again if they let him go now.

“Kibum, please let us explain,” Jonghyun pleaded but the blond just closed his eyes and shook his head, pretending he they weren’t there and he couldn’t hear nor see them. A childish behavior but he didn’t care right now. He was so hurt and his heart felt like it had been ripped out and thrown across the room.

He sobbed into his hands hopelessly, not wanting to be here for any moment longer. Betrayed, he, they, whoever…they had betrayed him. He or they had lied to him. He didn’t even know what to believe anymore. He had just found he had actually two boyfriends, he was basically cheating on them or they had been cheating on him.

He didn’t know anything anymore, he just didn’t understand this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Omo, omo, omo *gasp*

Kibum found out *gasp*

What will happen now? Who knows, who knows...

Well, I know since I already have the next chapter(s) written down~ So I can promise that you'll get them on time though I do have to add a few more things here and there but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I think I owe you that much after leaving you hanging for so often *looks down ashamed*

I hope you like the turn of events although you all probably knew it was going to happen at some point. Tell me what you think will happen in the next chapters down in the comments, see you soon~