Keys

The Princess' wish

CHAPTER 6

AMBER’S POV

When the sisters decided that they will be staying with us, I started thinking for the best set-up for the both girls. I saw them talking to the fire officer and apartment owner for their insurance and when they seem to come up with the agreement, the Jung sisters started to walk towards me.

“Let’s go now Am?” Jessica wrapped her arms around mine and swayed back and forth while her head leaned on my shoulders. I saw Krystal smiled a little before going to my motorcycle and grabbing one helmet.

“Let’s go” She said before wearing it on her head.

“You can take mine” I said to Jessica as I gave her my helmet. She happily accepted it and smiled at me.

I hopped on my motorcycle and motioned them to follow as I fix my shades and jacket. I wondered what was taking them so long and I saw them playing rock paper and scissors. I find them cute for they keep repeating their scores back to zero when someone wins.

“Krystal, go beside me. So me and Jessica unnie could protect you.”

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

I feel excited knowing that I’ll be staying with Amber and her family in the meantime. But it was not only me who was happy but also Jessica whom I think was thrice as happy and excited as I am. I could see her smiling and glancing at Amber all the time even though she was talking to the apartment owner. At first she really could hide those feelings of her but when she saw Amber and person and knowing I’m her classmate, she just showed her true colors.  

“Hey jungie, let’s play rock paper and scissors to find out who of us will be sitting beside Amber. I accepted the challenge bravely. Few throws and I know I’m the winner but she keep on asking for second chances. As an understanding sister, I gave in to what she wants but it always end to me winning.

“Krystal, go beside me. So me and Jessica unnie could protect you” both of us stopped playing when we heard Amber speak. I looked at my sister playfully and I saw her pout. I jumped in beside Amber but Jessica saw that the space was not enough for her.

“Okay then, I’ll send Soo jung home first then Jessica unnie”

“Please don’t call me unnie, I feel old. Just call me Jess.” Jessica suddenly butted in.

“O – okay. Will you wait for me here Jess?” Amber asked her and she answered with a playful nod.

I said goodbye to my sister and by clinging unto Amber’s waist. I saw her frown at me and I gave out a laugh as an answer.

“I’m sorry about my sister.” I said to Amber while we’re on our way to her home.

“Why?”

“By the way she acts when you’re around. She’s a big fan of yours”

“And you?” I can’t find words to answer her. I admit I like her and I look up to her but I don’t know how to express it when I’m with her.

“I’m also a fan of course.” I whispered.

“Well that settles it. I’m glad that you support me.” I did not know what got into me but I leaned my head on her back. Now I look like I’m hugging her.

“I always want you to be beside me.” I heard her speak in a soft tone. With this, I couldn’t help my face turning red.

We stopped by a gate colored brown; I got down the motorcycle as she went to open the gate. She welcomed me inside and then I realized her house as big. It was a two story house twice the size of our burnt apartment. She lead me into a room upstairs and I was surprised when It was full of her pictures posted on the wall.

“I’m sorry if my face is all around the area, this is a room for the things the fans gave me. The towels, tumblers and other random stuff.” She said as she was scratching the back of her neck.

“It’s okay, I used to post the pictures of f(x) in my room also.” I smiled at her as we got in the room.

“I’ll be leaving you for a while, and by the way, you may temporarily use these clothes. Those are mine and I rarely use it. I’m also sorry for that is the most girly clothes I got. When me and Jessica unnie arrive we’ll be going out to buy your things.”

“But… I only have a hundred dollars with me.” I said to her worriedly.

“It’s okay. Everything’s on me. Besides, I recently got my cash prize so it’s not really a problem.”

“I don’t know how to repay you for this.”

“Hey hey It’s okay. Seeing me at 6 am is effort enough for you. See this as my thanks.” She said and waved goodbye. I followed her as she went down to the door to fetch Jessica unnie.

I went inside the room and looked at the pictures of her with her fans, I can see her happiness in her smile and I find her so kind to treasure the things given to her by those who support her all the way. On the corner of the room I saw a picture of her with a fair skinned girl with shoulder length, brown hair who was hugging her. For a fan, I find them sweet. I shrugged those thoughts off and decided to change clothes.

Pink shirt and pink knee lengthed shorts… Is this the most girly clothes for her? I thought for a while before looking myself at the mirror.

 

JESSICA’S POV

I can’t believe it. I just really can’t. I never thought once in my life I’ll be staying with Amber in her house. I was just dreaming of her and looking at her from afar through her tournaments but now I was up close and personal with the racer I adore. I know Krystal is starting to develop feelings for her by the way she stares at her but I just can’t help my feelings. I was in a state of day dreaming when I felt a hand touched my shoulders I turned around and saw Amber behind me.

“Let’s go now, We’ll be going to the mall with Krystal for your things.” She said to me smiling.

“Good thing I have my cards with me.” I sighed in relief as I saw my wallet inside my bag.

“but Krystal is – “

“It’s okay I got her.” I was surprised that she will be shouldering everything for Krystal.

“No it’s okay, I have – “

“You may use that for finding your new home. I’m happy to help you.”

She handed me my helmet and we left to her home. When we arrive, I saw a silver car parked outside their gate. Amber took out her phone and called someone.

“Dong hyung, the car you’re talking about this morning, is it silver? Yeah I got it, Tell Manager hyung I got it. Thanks.” She placed her phone in her pocket and lead me inside the house. There I saw Krystal in a pink shirt and shorts while sweeping the floor.

“Krys, where did you get that?” I asked her the moment I left my shoes on the shoe rack.

“It’s from Amber. She lent this to me earlier.” She smiled and sticking her tongue out naughtily.

“You don’t need to do things here Krystal” Amber said while she took the broom away from her hands.

“Someone left this while you’re away, they said it’s for your car outside.” Krystal handed her the keys.

“Let’s go?” Amber took it and tossed it in the air.

“Sure!” Krystal exclaimed and wrapped her arms around her.