The Past

The Princess' wish

CHAPTER 13

KRYSTAL’S POV

Since that morning, Amber stayed quiet even when we’re having our lunch. She used to be the dorky and funny one who always makes us laugh but today she just sat and finished her lunch silently. As much as I wanted to ask her about Eunjung, I still don’t want to trouble her and add up to what she is thinking. I planned to ask her when she has the lighter mood.

The bell rang signaling that break’s over. We walked together, me holding Amber’s arms while talking to Luna who was also worried about Amber’s behavior. Luna has been very supportive of us and was more than willing to help me if I have problems.

We saw Eunjung in the hallway meters away from our room, it was obvious that she was waiting for Amber but the latter walked straight pass her.

The following hours was spent with Amber looking outside and tapping her finger to the rhythm on the table.

“Let’s go?” I touched her shoulder to bring her back to her senses.

“Y-Yeah” taking my things, she stood and walked outside the room. Silence ruled inside the car when we went home, she still seems to be thinking so deeply that I decided to make the move.

“Am, is it okay if I ask you something?” I turned to her and I saw her smile and nod as an answer.

“Who is Eunjung?” I felt relieved that I was finally been able to ask her about that girl.

“Eunjung was my girlfriend for 2 years.”  She answered in a cold tone while I was taken aback with her answer for it was the last thing on my mind.

“Why did you break up?”

“Her family did not approve of our relationship” after that we both became silent until we got home.

“Hey! You’re here!” Donghae greeted us and was about the place an arm on Amber’s shoulders but she brushed it off.

“I’ll go sleep now, I’m not feeling well.” She walked straight to our room which left the others surprised.  They looked at me but I just gave them a nod.

“Is there something wrong with Amber?” Jessica approached me while I was washing my hands.

“Her ex-girlfriend was introduced to us as our classmate this morning.” I closed the faucet and faced Jessica worriedly.

“Wait what? Is that Eunjung? The model from LA?” Jessica’s eyes widened so as mine.

“How did you know that?” I held both of her shoulders in disbelief.

“Well I’m Amber’s stalker so it’s really not surprising that I know her background more than you do.” She winked at me while I raise my eyebrow on her.

“So yeah, she came to our classroom and that’s when Amber started to be silent.”

“So what are your plans now? Having an ex – girlfriend on the scene can cause issues. Take it from me baby Jung”

“I trust Amber and I believe she’ll never break my heart for the other girl.”

Jessica gave me a hug and a pat on the back, I felt secured for a moment with what she did. Eunjung is admittedly beautiful and I personally felt quite scared knowing she’s close to Amber.

I went upstairs to Jessica’s room to look at the photos of Amber and her fans that she treasures, I remember the picture of her with a short haired girl that looks like Eunjung. I went back to the corner of the room and there I saw their picture, It was really Eunjung on the photo and now I know why they seemed so close and more than the fan type of relationship.

She was Amber’s girlfriend, the girl she first gave her efforts to, the girl who was with her in her first race and championship. What could be their relationship like? I was in deep thoughts when I heard the familiar cold voice of a man.

“Jess told me that you might be here. Can I talk to you for a while?” It was donghae, he seemed serious at that time as he grabbed a seat beside the table.

“What is it Donghae – oppa?”

“I know something is wrong with Amber the moment he came home.”

“Amber’s ex – girlfriend transferred to our school and was introduced to us as our classmate.” I looked down on the floor feeling sad.

“She followed Amber here?”

“Yes.”

“That explains it all. Amber and Eunjung knew each other in a tournament endorsement where Amber also Debuted as a professional racer. They became friends and ended up together. That’s when I saw Amber really happy that it even manifested in her drifts. But all went to an end when one day she came home and told me that she wanted to move here.”

“Did she tell you the reason why they broke up?”

“She told me that her parents disapproved of their relationship, but I know there’s a deeper reason behind that. Amber is wealthier than I am, she generates a lot of income in a single race so I am pretty sure that she can take care of Eunjung by herself.”

“So it’s not their choice to break up?” I felt that I suddenly lost all the hope that I have when I heard everything.

“Amber loves you Krystal, Just place all your trust in her.” He smiled at me and walked out of the room.

I went back to my room seeing Amber tucked in under the sheets, thinking she was still awake I went near to her and snuggled close to her. She moved and faced me, I can see her gloomy eyes looking at me.

“Are you okay?” I asked her

“I’m Sorry Krys, I was overthinking this day.”

“I understand. Just please tell me everything when you feel better.” I kissed her on her lips hoping she’ll be fine. She smiled at me and kissed me back deeper.

We slept at each other’s arms that night, tomorrow will be another day of mixed emotions for the both of us.

 

P/S What can you guys say about the chapter? It was not the chapter I thought it would be but I hope you guys still like it. Please leave your comments below for me to improve. Thank you for subscribing and commenting. As much as I would like to reply to the comments I was so stupid to not see the reply button until now. LOL f(x) jjang!